What's new

Discussion Help Converting 'Beyond Reach' for Skyrim on Xbox 360

piemaster101

piemaster101

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello everyone!

(Sorry if I have posted in the wrong place, since this is my first post - just let me know if there is a problem and I shall move it!)

New to the forum, but very interested in modding some new lands mods for the RGH'd Xbox 360! While I'm totally aware that I should probably 'just get an Xbox One and be done with it', I think its' a fun challenge and a rewarding one (ps I am a poor student, with little time and even less money :wink: )

I wonder if anyone with some experience could give me some pointers? I will be happy to convert the mods myself and share, if I can get some hints on what I need to do.I have attempted to convert the mod myself using the wonderful tutorial here on the forum over at Xbox Chaos(a), yet have some problems:

• I have been able to get Beyond Reach functional (with funky graphical errors):
    lDUsZan
  • however my Xbox crashes/infinite loading screen as soon as I attempt to travel to the new land. I think, however slight, this is a promising start!
  • The mods contain loose files, which I have copied into the Data folder in the Skyrim Game folder (/Xbox 360 Games/Skyrim/Data/. I have no idea whether this is advised or not
  • I am using Legendary Edition as my base.
My workflow, slightly different to the tutorial shown above, is as follows:

1. Use Ordenador to reduce the textures.
    I downsample both the BSA file and the Loose file textures. I have tried with numerous iterations of the downsampling, (halving the textures once, twice and three times over several passes), but nothing much changes the crash. I assume this means I will have to downsample the textures myself?
  2. Use BSAopt to convert to Xbox 360. This is performed exactly as per the above tutorial, exactly as described.

3. Use LeFluffie to convert the resulting .bsa and the original .esm file to an Xbox 360 DLC file. I tried to use Velocity program suggested in the tutorial above, yet this resulted in a 'DLC File Corrupted' message from Skyrim. I therefore followed a different tutorial (b), using LeFluffie.
4. Copy the DLC file to the Content folder on the Xbox and the loose files to the /Xbox 360 Games/Skyrim/Data/ folder.

For testing purposes, I have replaced 1. with a tutorial for DDSOpt (c). This improved some of the texture problems, but the crash/infinite loading screen on transition persists.

To be clear, the Skyrim-based NPCs load and work fine! However, it is upon transition that the XBox crashes. It would seem I need to optimize further, but I don't know how.

Wishing you all the very best!

piemaster101

(Can provide links, but bot will not let me post too many urls for some reason!)

Last edited:
Top Bottom
Login
Register