What's new

Solved Help completing a build by selecting a CPU and Motherboard.

• Thread starter coyote soup
  • Start date
  • Views 453
coyote soup

coyote soup

b*tch assss
Reaction score
Sin$
So basically I've got this PC sat here half complete and all it really needs is a budget Mobo and CPU then I'll be able to get it up and running. Honestly I have no use for it but I was thinking I could either sell it once it's complete or use it as a streaming PC

The mismatch of components I have already are
-Novatech Mid Tower case (honestly, I have no clue either. The case isn't too bad so I guess it'll do)
-Evga 500w power supply
-Powercolor r7 370 GPU
-1TB HDD
-crucial 1600 4gb RAM (DDR3)

So the aim of this thread is to find a Mobo and CPU that won't be overkill for this build and not too expensive. But at the same time I don't want something that's not good enough to make a half/decent running gaming PC.

First thing I thought was the 860k. I thought I'd ask te community before going ahead with this setup.

Guidelines- £110 budget (max). Remember this isn't my primary build so I don't want to fork out a load of cash.
-can be any motherboard and CPU combo. As long as they support the parts I already have.

Last edited:
coyote soup

coyote soup

b*tch assss
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for the Suggestion S Scarlett Johansson , I did highly consider that CPU along with 2 other CPU's. Those were the fx-6300 and the intel g3258. Decided Dual core wasn't the way to go (g3258) as less games are supporting it. Finally the choice was FX-6300 or 860k. Since the 6300 is currently just £20 more, I decided to go with that. I'll keep the thread updated with the build progress.

Chazay

Chazay

Android
Retired
Nevar gon' happen in your lifetime Donator Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for the Suggestion S Scarlett Johansson , I did highly consider that CPU along with 2 other CPU's. Those were the fx-6300 and the intel g3258. Decided Dual core wasn't the way to go (g3258) as less games are supporting it. Finally the choice was FX-6300 or 860k. Since the 6300 is currently just £20 more, I decided to go with that. I'll keep the thread updated with the build progress.
The 860k is better.

Top Bottom
Login
Register