• Thread starter Woolf001
  • Start date
  • Views 1,609
Woolf001

Woolf001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I go to cisco college in texas and I have been goggling for every possible solution to get on xbox live, i can't because my school blocks XBL PLEASE HELP. Its Barracuda Web Filter

oblivioncth

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Mr. Nice Guy MotM TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
I go to cisco college in texas and I have been goggling for every possible solution to get on xbox live, i can't because my school blocks XBL PLEASE HELP. Its Barracuda Web Filter
Only way to get past is a proxy, but most would limit your speeds so that it would be too slow for LIVE.

Woolf001

Woolf001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Only way to get past is a proxy, but most would limit your speeds so that it would be too slow for LIVE.
Well i use a program on my computer called stealthy proxy and all i do is turn it on and off but the internet being transferred to my xbox does not pass the web filter dont know why. would a VPN work??

oblivioncth

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Mr. Nice Guy MotM TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Well i use a program on my computer called stealthy proxy and all i do is turn it on and off but the internet being transferred to my xbox does not pass the web filter dont know why. would a VPN work??
Ya you would have to get a network adapter capable of using a proxy on its own. Im not sure about VPN

Hug

Hug

Learning...
Reaction score
Sin$
so using this VPN i'll be able to bypass the block on xbox live by sharing the internet? do you use it to get around a web block? because doesn't a VPN hide your IP address and then the xbox wont be able to pick up?
If you use a VPN such as SwitchVPN, you can access any website and if you hook your xbox up to your computer via Ethernet cable, you can connect to Xbox Live as well.

Woolf001

Woolf001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If you use a VPN such as SwitchVPN, you can access any website and if you hook your xbox up to your computer via Ethernet cable, you can connect to Xbox Live as well.
thanks! i normally connect with an Ethernet cable because i have the old pro and dont want to buy the wi fi adapter.... so before i buy it can you test it for me? or have you already tested it?

Hug

Hug

Learning...
Reaction score
Sin$
thanks! i normally connect with an Ethernet cable because i have the old pro and dont want to buy the wi fi adapter.... so before i buy it can you test it for me? or have you already tested it?
It's what I use for Xbox Live. If you're having issues I can always help. It works really good considering it's tunneling your connection.

Im a Leecher

Im a Leecher

In lulz we trust
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
You could just bridge a connection from your laptop to your Xbox, I don't know how great the speeds would be though.

Woolf001

Woolf001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It's what I use for Xbox Live. If you're having issues I can always help. It works really good considering it's tunneling your connection.
ok thanks! ill try it out next monday because i didnt bring my ethernet cable to college this week lol ill let you know how it goes

Priority

Priority

SE7ENSINS
Legendary Veteran Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Well this makes me happy that even though I have to work and live on my own in an apartment while im at college I dont have to worry about issues like this. I basically plugged in and played on live with my stuff =). Good luck getting everything to work

Top Bottom
Login
Register