imgburn2.jpg

Aney help
thank you

T

ThanosPrime

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I can't read the pics too well but here are some things to try; first only download from respectable sites (ohhhh that seems like a contradiction initself, an no, dont ask me to tell you where*). Once you have the download you may need to decompress it, Winwar works the best. Then, and I will STRESS this, use abgx360 (Google it) to check the files. If you dont there is a good possibility you will be BANNED, at the very least it will not work. After it passes all checks, or you have to repair it (I love you guys at abgx360 for making it so easy) use Imgburn with the DVD file only. If this doesnt work I dont know what else to tell you but to see if there is a new firmware upgrade for your burner. By the way invest in something better that the Memorex DL DVDs. They seem to have a failure rate of 1 in 3. Verbatem are the best but as of late I have had a hard time finding them at local stores and have been using Philips DL DVD+R and they have done just fine by me.

* ThanosPrime does not encourage nor endorse the pirating of software. Users of this understand that ThanoPrime in no way will accept the responsibility of said users being banned or sued by software developers, their affiliates, or licensing companies or users contracting viruses from downloaded software. Use this to back up the games you already own. For educational and informational use only.

NFLD_BULLET93

NFLD_BULLET93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
ThanosPrime said:
I can't read the pics too well but here are some things to try; first only download from respectable sites (ohhhh that seems like a contradiction initself, an no, dont ask me to tell you where). Once you have the download you may need to decompress it, Winwar works the best. Then, and I will STRESS this, use abgx360 (Google it) to check the files. If you dont there is a good possibility you will be BANNED, at the very least it will not work. After it passes all checks, or you have to repair it (I love you guys at abgx360 for making it so easy) use Imgburn with the DVD file only. If this doesnt work I dont know what else to tell you but to see if there is a new firmware upgrade for your burner. By the way invest in something better that the Memorex DL DVDs. They seem to have a failure rate of 1 in 3. Verbatem are the best but as of late I have had a hard time finding them at local stores and have been using Philips DL DVD+R and they have done just fine by me.
1. I use abgx360
2. Pick above tells me i cant write DVD+R DL
3. I am not in a verry populized aeria and Memorex Cost more than Verbatem where i buy them:?
4. i just orderd this so i will see when i gets it
DELL 20X DVD Burner Dimension 5150 E510 8250 8300 8400 - eBay (item 120480894813 end time Nov-13-09 23:18:20 PST)

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
T

ThanosPrime

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok I did some research on your hl-dt-st dvd+-rw gwa4164b. An apparently its a piece of crap. Lots of failures. I had a TSST DL DVD that was the same. Now I use an NEC DL thats about 2 years old and at first didnt work for this but it worked fine after I got the latest firmware download. What I have read about the Dell it should work.

NFLD_BULLET93

NFLD_BULLET93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
ThanosPrime said:
Ok I did some research on your hl-dt-st dvd+-rw gwa4164b. An apparently its a piece of crap. Lots of failures. I had a TSST DL DVD that was the same. Now I use an NEC DL thats about 2 years old and at first didnt work for this but it worked fine after I got the latest firmware download. What I have read about the Dell it should work.
Thanks for your time i realy appricate it :thumbup:
i have relized my drive is a pice of crap so im replacing it with this 1
DELL 20X DVD Burner Dimension 5150 E510 8250 8300 8400 - eBay (item 120480894813 end time Nov-13-09 23:18:20 PST)
Im keeping my fingers crossed and i hope it works.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
C

Carson

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Holy crap, why would you waste $40 on such a mediocre Dell product. You could have got one better for $25 on Newegg.