• Views 376
lowpro

lowpro

Professional Abecedarian
Programmer Mythical Veteran Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey you support elitists, I could really use your help here :smile:

I'm looking to build a laptop, I've built a desktop, sold that looking for something smaller, not sure what to get.

Budget: $500-$800
Specific parts/specs I'd like: I'd like an Intel i5 CPU, (higher end), 8 GB of RAM, and a nVidea GPU. Also SSD
Uses: Gaming, programming, hosting SQL servers sometimes :wink:

Don't really care about battery that much, I'd rather have performance than more battery.

Thanks for any help given, I've come here more because I'm not sure how to find a case that can fit this stuff, not sure what type of RAM I need, and not sure what GPUs go in laptops.

L

Legless

Be spontaneous, be kind, be open-minded.
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey you support elitists, I could really use your help here :smile:

I'm looking to build a laptop, I've built a desktop, sold that looking for something smaller, not sure what to get.

Budget: $500-$800
Specific parts/specs I'd like: I'd like an Intel i5 CPU, (higher end), 8 GB of RAM, and a nVidea GPU. Also SSD
Uses: Gaming, programming, hosting SQL servers sometimes :wink:

Don't really care about battery that much, I'd rather have performance than more battery.

Thanks for any help given, I've come here more because I'm not sure how to find a case that can fit this stuff, not sure what type of RAM I need, and not sure what GPUs go in laptops.
You're better off with a desktop at that budget.

Ultron

Ultron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
For your budget it would be very hard to find those specs but the lenovo y50 is only $1100 thats what i have and it works well but probably more than your looking to spend

lowpro

lowpro

Professional Abecedarian
Reaction score
Sin$
You're better off with a desktop at that budget.
For your budget it would be very hard to find those specs but the lenovo y50 is only $1100 thats what i have and it works well but probably more than your looking to spend
Could you guys make a build then with a more fitting budget? Maybe $800-$1200? Although I've seen plenty of times on here that building should be cheaper? I know it was for my desktop, bit perhaps it doesn't apply to laptops.

Anyway, I'd like to see some sort of example build, then I may be able to replace a few parts to better fit my budget. Thanks for the quick responses

lowpro

lowpro

Professional Abecedarian
Reaction score
Sin$
Actually I just looked at the Lenovo y50, and if you built one like it but i5 instead of i7, took out 1/2 the RAM (leaving 8Gb), that should be -$200 right there which would put that at $900 or so I would think. You could even downgrade the GFX somewhat to cut the price even lower. Am I missing something?

L

Legless

Be spontaneous, be kind, be open-minded.
Reaction score
Sin$
Could you guys make a build then with a more fitting budget? Maybe $800-$1200? Although I've seen plenty of times on here that building should be cheaper? I know it was for my desktop, bit perhaps it doesn't apply to laptops.

Anyway, I'd like to see some sort of example build, then I may be able to replace a few parts to better fit my budget. Thanks for the quick responses
Sorry for the slow response, I was just making some builds for other people.

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1GGFLT

Ultron

Ultron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Sorry i am not to sure about building laptops. Good luck with it anyway

Top Bottom
Login
Register