Help, Anybody?

Discussion in 'iOS Support' started by mfde61, Jan 11, 2009 with 5 replies and 455 views.

1. mfde61

mfde61 Newbie

Ratings:
    I just had to restore my Itouch because I made a stupid mistake and downloaded a mobileinstallation file for the wrong Firmware.It froze the ITouch. So I had to start all over again.

****Make sure that you download the mobileinstallation file for the Firmaware you are on so you don't have to go throught the same mistake I did****

anyway,

My problem is that I just upgraded Itunes to the new 8.0.2 (Ibelieve). When I jailbroke my Itouch I had Itunes 7.7 or something. Everything worked fine on the 7.7 version. When I updated to the 8.0.2. I been having problems with Itunes not recognizing my Itouch. Dont Know if This is a problem for everyone else, but I think I am going to go back to the 7.7 version.

Another Problem *(very Important)*

I had to start all over using quickpwn 2.1 last night. got everything back to where it was when it froze earlier. I set my screen to Never so that it would not shut off during all the jailbreaking. I went to sleep and forgot about it. This morning It stated low battery, even when it was plugged into computer with Itunes not running in the background.
    NOW it is stuck on the Pinapple logo, I tried chargin the battery through a wall charger and it just starts clicking. It Stays on the Pinnapple screen and I dont know if it is charging or not.
    I tried a soft reboot. but it doesnt change anything nor the pinnapple screen.

Can Anybody suggest anything besides a Hard Reset?

(Appologize for a Long thread Topic)

I am leaving it on, Since it wont shut off right now anyway to see if it comes out of its COMA.haha:.(

I left it on the charger all day and the Pinnapple boot logo stayed on. When I unplugged it it still stayed on the Pinnapple logo but it drained my battery down to 1 %.

It just kept clicking while it was on the boot logo.

Going to try one last thing, I going to restore it through Itunes when I gethome from work. Hope this helps.

Any comments would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks
    MFDE61:frown:

2. Scare Croe

Scare Croe Premium Premium

Ratings:
    I would Just let the damn thing Run your battery all the way dead. Then Charge without turning the Device on. After it is charged, Turn it on and Put it in DFU mode and try it all again.

3. PAC ATAK

PAC ATAK Enthusiast

Ratings:
    umm plug it into your computer and force restore it. just hold the home and power button for about 30 seconds. if you have your itunes up there will be a window that pops up saying something about restoring you ipod. just restore it and your done. i did the exact same thing yesterday. but if you want to keep your songs make sure you back them up onto your hard drive. if you dont you'll loose them because the restore.

this is a hard reset but one of your only options.

4. OP
    mfde61

mfde61 Newbie

Ratings:
    I had to Reset (hard) everything at least 3 times. I found out that I tried to download a file from a source on cydia and it kept crashing. I will not download from that source.

Thanks for responding

MFDE61

5. PAC ATAK

PAC ATAK Enthusiast

Ratings:
    sorry if i didnt help but that was the only thing really =\

• Like Like x 1
  6. OP
    mfde61

mfde61 Newbie

Ratings:
    Hey no problem. i am learning more and more about the ol' Itouch. After resetting more than 4 times now. I am starting to get very good at it.

Thanks for trying to help.

MFDE61:smile: