• Thread starter Sk8ordie72
  • Start date
  • Views 4,228
Sk8ordie72

Sk8ordie72

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I am looking to put RBG LEDs in my Xbox One case but I do not want to run the 12 volt source from the blu-ray player as I have heard it will cut power when your DVD is not in use.

I was wondering if anybody knew where to find the 12 volt lead (soldiering point) coming in from the plug connector underneath of the motherboard and if you have pictures, video or a wiring diagram you know of? please

Life

Life

Graphics Are Life
Artist Reporter A Milli
Reaction score
Sin$
I am looking to put RBG LEDs in my Xbox One case but I do not want to run the 12 volt source from the blu-ray player as I have heard it will cut power when your DVD is not in use.

I was wondering if anybody knew where to find the 12 volt lead (soldiering point) coming in from the plug connector underneath of the motherboard and if you have pictures, video or a wiring diagram you know of? please
I'm not sure if this will help you out.

Sk8ordie72

Sk8ordie72

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah I have seen this video but he is hooking it up to the optical drive which I'm trying to avoid in fear of robbing power from the optical drive. On the 360 there are three points underneath the motherboard you could solder a wire straight from the incoming 12 volt power source. Thank you though.

frostyDdopeman

frostyDdopeman

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
I've been researching this myself, I have yet to find anything.

Oddly enough, no one has released any information, except from the bluray... but I'm with you Sk8ordie72 Sk8ordie72 on not robbing power from the drive. I never use my drive, all of my games are digital.

Hopefully someone will step forward about it, otherwise it looks like we will be using a multimeter.

B

Blu3 1ightning

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Wouldn't it be as easy as using a multimeter and touching a ground on the board then touching different solder joints with the positive lead?

Sk8ordie72

Sk8ordie72

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Wouldn't it be as easy as using a multimeter and touching a ground on the board then touching different solder joints with the positive lead?
That's what I'm going to have to do. I was hoping someone already knew where it was that was more experienced than me.
When I play a digital downloaded game, the power shuts down to the drive which shuts the power down to my LED lights also.

Top Bottom
Login
Register