Status
Not open for further replies.
JaypaK

JaypaK

Enthusiast
Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
So, I bought this HDMI to VGA for my computer and it works fine with just twitter on the second monitor. But if I try to watch a youtube video or twitch stream it goes black. Now I have looked it up online and people were saying no-name brands for these converters have a hard time converting it. I'm just wondering why it goes black when I load a video, is it because it's trying to process all the pixels or something and it doesn't do it all the way so it just quits? When I take the video off the second monitor it turns back on.

This is the converter I bought

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Some Polish Guy

Some Polish Guy

Time Devourer
VIP
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Have you tried any of these solutions i know they are basic but never know lol

• Check that the correct monitor output mode is set on the computer. Click the “Start” menu button, click “Control Panel” and click “Adjust Screen Resolution” under the “Display” sub-group. If you are using your VGA to HDMI converter to drive a secondary display, click on the “Multiple displays” menu, and select “Duplicate these displays” or “Extend these displays.”
  • Check that the monitor output is set to a supported video resolution. In the Adjust Screen Resolution control panel, click on the box that corresponds to the HDMI output display. Click on the “Resolution” menu and select a resolution that is supported by the converter. Check your converter’s user manual for supported screen resolutions.
  • Swap the HDMI and VGA cables with another to verify that it isn’t a faulty or damaged cable.

JaypaK

JaypaK

Enthusiast
Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Have you tried any of these solutions i know they are basic but never know lol

• Check that the correct monitor output mode is set on the computer. Click the “Start” menu button, click “Control Panel” and click “Adjust Screen Resolution” under the “Display” sub-group. If you are using your VGA to HDMI converter to drive a secondary display, click on the “Multiple displays” menu, and select “Duplicate these displays” or “Extend these displays.”
  • Check that the monitor output is set to a supported video resolution. In the Adjust Screen Resolution control panel, click on the box that corresponds to the HDMI output display. Click on the “Resolution” menu and select a resolution that is supported by the converter. Check your converter’s user manual for supported screen resolutions.
  • Swap the HDMI and VGA cables with another to verify that it isn’t a faulty or damaged cable.

Yeah as I said, I can use the monitor for basically static things. Like twitter or reddit, but anything that has constant motion it goes black.

Fanboy

Fanboy

Mirakuru
Retired
Fabled Veteran Legendary Veteran Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I remember looking into all this VGA to HDMI, you need a proper signal converter like this.

denz

denz

The Kingslayer
Retired
MotM End of the Year 2014 Trifecta
Reaction score
Sin$
I remember looking into all this VGA to HDMI, you need a proper signal converter like this.

Was about to say,

Doesn't HDMI, like DVI-D produce Digital and VGA use analogue signal. Hence the incompatibility and for example a DVI-D to VGA adaptor can't be used. A True digital to analogue converter costs more than a new monitor.

But may be wrong here

Fanboy

Fanboy

Mirakuru
Retired
Fabled Veteran Legendary Veteran Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Was about to say,

Doesn't HDMI, like DVI-D produce Digital and VGA use analogue signal. Hence the incompatibility and for example a DVI-D to VGA adaptor can't be used. A True digital to analogue converter costs more than a new monitor.

But may be wrong here
Spot on!!

JaypaK

JaypaK

Enthusiast
Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Was about to say,

But may be wrong here
Spot on!!

What I'm still confused about is that it still shows a webpage like twitter as long as I don't move anything like a video to that monitor.

denz

denz

The Kingslayer
Retired
MotM End of the Year 2014 Trifecta
Reaction score
Sin$
What I'm still confused about is that it still shows a webpage like twitter as long as I don't move anything like a video to that monitor.

Don't understand. You're seeing some image as long as you don't move anything or what?

irving102

irving102

If you are reading this, you can read.
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
do you have DVI?

JaypaK

JaypaK

Enthusiast
Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
do you have DVI?

uhhh, yes but it's being used by my first monitor. 
Don't understand. You're seeing some image as long as you don't move anything or what?

Okay, so what I usually have on my second monitor is just twitter or reddit. But if I put youtube or a twitch stream it almost instantly goes black.

irving102

irving102

If you are reading this, you can read.
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
uhhh, yes but it's being used by my first monitor. 

Okay, so what I usually have on my second monitor is just twitter or reddit. But if I put youtube or a twitch stream it almost instantly goes black.
just use a better converter like stated before

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register