What's new

Solved hdmi not working

K

khanny

Reaction score
Sin$
just plugged my hdmi lead in the back of my slim now no pic comes up on the screen,
ive change which port on the tv, tryed diffrent lead, reset the tv to factory settings still no luck.
it works with the other lead with the gren, red , blue ect plugs. my sky also works in the hdmi ports in the tv.

When i power the 360 on usally if the lead is not in right the front lights spin but it just goes to controller 1 light,
usallyif my leads not in right my tv says no signal but it said invalid format, the tv does go a diffrent shade of black, no sound.
can any1 help the pictures crap with the other lead.

oblivioncth

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Mr. Nice Guy MotM TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
just plugged my hdmi lead in the back of my slim now no pic comes up on the screen,
ive change which port on the tv, tryed diffrent lead, reset the tv to factory settings still no luck.
it works with the other lead with the gren, red , blue ect plugs. my sky also works in the hdmi ports in the tv.

When i power the 360 on usally if the lead is not in right the front lights spin but it just goes to controller 1 light,
usallyif my leads not in right my tv says no signal but it said invalid format, the tv does go a diffrent shade of black, no sound.
can any1 help the pictures crap with the other lead.
Try setting the consoles resolution to 1080i with the component (blue red and green) cables and then try the HDMI cable. Some olderish TVs (right in the phase when 1080p came around but wasn't popular yet) only support 1080p over component and 1080i only over HDMI.

oblivioncth

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Mr. Nice Guy MotM TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
no mate that didnt work either.
Does anything else on HDMI work? Also it might still be the problem because the console can save resolution settings specific to video connection type. While you have the console on HDMI try this:

Reset the console display settings

If the display problem is still not resolved, reset the display settings of your console. Here's how:
  1. Remove any discs from the disc tray.
  2. Turn off the console.
  3. Turn on the console.
    Note If you are using an Xbox 360 Wireless Controller, turn on the console by using the Guide button on the controller. Make sure that you use the player 1 controller when you do this. The player 1 controller will have the upper-left light illuminated.
  4. As the console starts, on the controller, press and hold X while pulling the right trigger. The display settings are reset to the default settings, and then the console automatically restarts.

Brother Jordan

Brother Jordan

מספר אחד
VIP
Retired
Sinner Hardened Veteran MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Try setting the consoles resolution to 1080i with the component (blue red and green) cables and then try the HDMI cable. Some olderish TVs (right in the phase when 1080p came around but wasn't popular yet) only support 1080p over component and 1080i only over HDMI.
1080P isn't possible over component, just saying. HDMI is always capable of 1080P, just depends on the TV's support. If it can only support 720P, 1080i would be the max resolution.

OP: I suggest finding a TV that supports 1080p and resetting the HDMI connection. HDMI usually defaults to 1080P unless it's a first time setup.

oblivioncth

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Mr. Nice Guy MotM TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
1080P isn't possible over component, just saying. HDMI is always capable of 1080P, just depends on the TV's support. If it can only support 720P, 1080i would be the max resolution.

OP: I suggest finding a TV that supports 1080p and resetting the HDMI connection. HDMI usually defaults to 1080P unless it's a first time setup.
For what you said to the OP that is what I meant. Some olderish TV's don't support 1080p over HDMI.

Now for the component thing I disagree. My JTAG is doing 1080p over component right now. Were you thinking of composite?

K

khanny

Reaction score
Sin$
sorry for the late repliys i dont seem to get email notification, the 360 was working fine on the tv before then the missus pulled the hdmi and pluged in the one with about 6 leads in the back of it so my sons could play it om a portable while she watched something, im not sure if the 360 was on when she did this.
i then came to plug the hdmi lead in the day after and when i usally switch to hdmi channel its just a blank screen with no signal bouncing round it till you switch the xbox on/
first time i did it it sayed format invalid instead of the no signal then just stays black.
ive reset the tv on the settings to factory but still nothing/
and i find the ypbpr lead the pic is no where near as good. very blurry on gta4/

K

khanny

Reaction score
Sin$
right just tryed everything on those few pages and nothing worked it reset the console but still no screen, thankyou tho. ive just run down the street and borrowed my mates slim plugged it in works fine, changed all the settimgs to 1080p and still fine....what a diffrence in picture by the way..
So now i can only thing the xbox must have been on when the wire was swapped and shorted it some where, can the hdmi board be changed?. thanks for all the help guys really appreciate it.

Brother Jordan

Brother Jordan

מספר אחד
VIP
Retired
Sinner Hardened Veteran MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
right just tryed everything on those few pages and nothing worked it reset the console but still no screen, thankyou tho. ive just run down the street and borrowed my mates slim plugged it in works fine, changed all the settimgs to 1080p and still fine....what a diffrence in picture by the way..
So now i can only thing the xbox must have been on when the wire was swapped and shorted it some where, can the hdmi board be changed?. thanks for all the help guys really appreciate it.
No, the port can't be swapped (not easily). Have you tried a different HDMI cable?

Top Bottom
Login
Register