Discussion HDMI Live Video Capture

• Thread starter xheatherlynn
  • Start date
  • Views 8,324
X

xheatherlynn

Reaction score
Sin$
I'm new here, and I'm not sure if this was the right forum category to post this. If it wasn't, I'm sorry.

Anyway, does anyone know of any good HDMI video capture devices? I've found that Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle, but haven't seen any reviews from people who have used it on an XBOX.

I want to be able to play game using the HDMI hooked up to my TV and lessen the whole cable splitters deal. I've watched too much Youtube videos on how these live video captures work and most of it was you had to split the audio and video jacks into two.

So has anyone out there has had good experiences with the Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle or has a better device to recommend?

S

SiiR Clutch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I bought this capture card which captures with hdmi and can livestream as well for $95 + shipping. Although you have to get an hdmi splitter it is worth it, here's a little example of quality. You can probably get better quality if you make the settings right.

X

xheatherlynn

Reaction score
Sin$
Thank you! But I forgot to mention, I'll be using a laptop. So video cards won't work. =/

John

John

Reaction score
Sin$
I have an HDPVR, It's used by the mayority of the big youtubers, It's quality it's pretty good.

X

xheatherlynn

Reaction score
Sin$
I have an HDPVR, It's used by the mayority of the big youtubers, It's quality it's pretty good.

Which one do you use? I have my eye on the Hauppauge, now that I'm SOL on the Blackmagic.

Brother Jordan

Brother Jordan

מספר אחד
VIP
Retired
Sinner Hardened Veteran MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Which one do you use? I have my eye on the Hauppauge, now that I'm SOL on the Blackmagic.
For the blackmagic, you need a high specced computer, x58 or P55 chipset at the minimum (very common in newer computers, but rare in old). Go with the PVR.

X

xheatherlynn

Reaction score
Sin$
For the blackmagic, you need a high specced computer, x58 or P55 chipset at the minimum (very common in newer computers, but rare in old). Go with the PVR.

I think I will go with a PVR instead. I'll be shopping around for one. Anyone had good experiences with the Hauppauge?

S

SiiR Clutch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If you're still exploring any options there's the Avermedia Game Capture HD. It is basically like the pvr, but is standalone and does not need a computer to record. Here's some features c/p straight from there website.
  • Capture HD Gameplay in 1080i
  • Work without a PC
  • One-click Capture
  • H.264 Hardware Compression
  • Recording Playback
  • Take Snapshots while Gaming or Playback
  • Record Game Footage in Real-time
  • Pass-thru Mode Support
  • Record to the Internal 2.5” or External USB Hard Drive
  • Built-in 2.5” HDD Slot
  • Remote Control Included

Top Bottom