Solved HDD Transfer Cable Question

OZ0NE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I no im a bit late with the whole transfer cable thing, but shipping takes a while. Either way, I plugged in the cable into my laptop, and the other end onto the hard drive. Im on Vista x64. It says installing drivers, installs them but the drive never appears in My Computer. I searched around and found the drive under Disk Managment, but it wants me to format it, which doesn't make sense for me to do so. Also wanted to point out the hard drive was last in a banned xbox, not to sure if that will make a difference but just wanted to mention it. Is it just a plug and play type thing for those of you that have the transfer kit or is there some step that im obviously missing?

Thanks in advance

Nookie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OZ0NE said:
I no im a bit late with the whole transfer cable thing, but shipping takes a while. Either way, I plugged in the cable into my laptop, and the other end onto the hard drive. Im on Vista x64. It says installing drivers, installs them but the drive never appears in My Computer. I searched around and found the drive under Disk Managment, but it wants me to format it, which doesn't make sense for me to do so. Also wanted to point out the hard drive was last in a banned xbox, not to sure if that will make a difference but just wanted to mention it. Is it just a plug and play type thing for those of you that have the transfer kit or is there some step that im obviously missing?

Thanks in advance
what app are you using to detect/connect your HDD?
you do realize that your HDD wont show up in My Computer like a normal HDD??

:huh:

Top Bottom