HDD to PC?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by SubstanceD, Jun 16, 2009 with 4 replies and 447 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SubstanceD

SubstanceD Newbie

Ratings:
    Ok played some CoD zombies with a host that had a hacked game save, he had some cool stuff like a flashing rainbow name and inf ammo, sprint etc.

I'd like to do this stuff myself and just want to get the essentials clear, I'll work the rest out once I'm sorted

so first off would I use this cable to transfer saves from 250MB memory unit to PC

Datel Xbox 360 Transfer Kit : Read reviews and compare prices at Ciao.co.uk

Once I've done that could I just use CoDTool or some hex editor to make some changes then send it back to the MU and onto my xbox?

2. II OneSin II

II OneSin II Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I recommend you use modio...
    But yes you need to go to CoD5 in xport/xplorer, and all you will see is savegame.svg
    put that file on your desktop, then load it up in modio, simply check off all the mods you want applied, (infinite ammo, sprint, low grav, increased health, etc.) then click mod.
    Modio will automatically rehash and resign the file, then just drag it back into xplorer/xport and click yes to replace the first file.
    It should work as long as you click "resume game" (using the savegame file)
    Modding online zombies matches cannot be done with modio or cod tool... the guy that was doing that was using something else. (Idk what)

By the way modio can be downloaded here -
    http://www.game-tuts.com/modio/download/

Also... i've heard that this program isn't bad, maybe you should check it out -
    http://www.xbox360-content.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14

Hope this helps.

3. OP
    SubstanceD

SubstanceD Newbie

Ratings:
    thanks, I suppose modio and cod tool are just presets? would I have more options with a hex editor having to key in the mods myself?

Also that second link you posted lead me to a thread of some kid talking about school or something

thanks again, im now just trying to get a free cable from those tight f***ers microsoft

ps any one know how to use zombie mods online

4. II OneSin II

II OneSin II Enthusiast

Ratings:
    yes it is possible to mod zombies, but not with a program and therefore it would be very difficult, and you would get banned so it wouldnt be worth it anyway.
    and hex editing would be hard to do because you have no idea what the idents would be... possibly searching values would be easier.

5. OP
    SubstanceD

SubstanceD Newbie

Ratings:
    I used a hex editor years ago to mod resident evil so I think I'll have the patience for it, I'm only taking an interest in all this because of online zombies so I'll figure it out somehow plus my dads a programmer so he should be tons of help

I'll keep you all posted once I'm going