Solved HDD on softmodded Xbox died

• Thread starter Failsafe
  • Start date
  • Views 825
F

Failsafe

Reaction score
Hello all,

This is my very first post on this forum and I hope someone can help me. The backstory is I softmodded my Xbox a few years ago and upgraded the hard drive on it at the same time. I hadn't played it for about a year and a half and this weekend I turned it on only to see Error Code 07. I opened up my Xbox and discovered that the hard drive was completely dead.

My question is: Is there any way to get my Xbox in working order again that doesn't involve having the eeprom file or having an eeprom reader? What are my options at this point?

Thanks in advance!

D

DeeLaRoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you did not back it up when you did the soft mod, then you will need a reader and xbhdm 2.3 beta to create another hd. Remember that you cannot use more than 700mb or else the qemu will crash. Best to do the C drive at least and maybe Q so that it will boot and you can redo the soft mod.

F

Failsafe

Reaction score
Is it possible to create another hdd without the reader if I mod it with an Aladdin XT Plus 2 modchip?

A

afterjo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it possible to create another hdd without the reader if I mod it with an Aladdin XT Plus 2 modchip?
With mod chip you don't need locking drive. It bypass any "security" feature including hdd lock. But you need working xbox to flash the chip. So you still need working xbox.

K

KaosEngineeer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most Aladdin XT plus 2's for sell on eBay, etc come pre-flashed with the M8plus_16.bin as they only support a single 256KB BIOS. If your console is a v1.0-1.5 you should reflash the chip after installation and your console is working. The v1.6 BIOS will load on an older version but has some settings that are not optimal for permanently using it there. However, the v1.0-1.5 version will not boot on a v1.6 console. (V1.6 consoles were made starting in April 2004 through the end of the original Xbox's production run.)

Once the modchip is installed, an installer disc like Hexen 2017 or 2018 can be used to format a new HDD installed in the Xbox by booting it (load it into the DVD tray and power cycle the console). Hexen's UnleashX dashboard will notice that a new HDD has been installed and inform the user of such fact and prompt the user to format the new HDD.

After the format is finished

you are ready to install the MSdashboard files and any other additional replacement dashboards and applications.

Top Bottom