What's new

Solved HDD Help!

N

Niibbz

Reaction score
I just finished my jTag and was able to run XeX Loader but I cannot read or write anything to the hard drive! I can only format it on another xbox and it wont let me plug in any usb flash drive because Im running 8995.

I have an old 40gb hd (not sata) with and external usb enclosure. Could I use that?

Any help would be appreciated thanks!

X

x360xLuke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just finished my jTag and was able to run XeX Loader but I cannot read or write anything to the hard drive! I can only format it on another xbox and it wont let me plug in any usb flash drive because Im running 8995.

I have an old 40gb hd (not sata) with and external usb enclosure. Could I use that?

Any help would be appreciated thanks!

If you can run XexLoader then you can usean external USB drive, even if the Dash Version is 8955. You should try using XexMenu and then FTP to the xbox. You can then install games, copy games, transfer files via FTP, etc. And Yes you can use and IDE drive in a USB enclosure.

N

Niibbz

Reaction score
If you can run XexLoader then you can usean external USB drive, even if the Dash Version is 8955. You should try using XexMenu and then FTP to the xbox. You can then install games, copy games, transfer files via FTP, etc. And Yes you can use and IDE drive in a USB enclosure.

Alright I will try that.

But A-Do I have to format my drive to fat32? I dont think windows will let me do that thought.

B- Do I have to ftp using lpt? or can I use another type of cable (ethernet/usb)

N

Niibbz

Reaction score
Alright I formatted the drive to FAT32 but the xbox still wont recognize it. Is there a way I can reformat my original xbox hdd to factory setting using a transfer cable?

Top Bottom