What's new

Solved HD Remakes/Re-releases - Yay or Nay?

• Thread starter Buzz Lightyear
  • Start date
  • Views 1,126
B

Buzz Lightyear

Young Moolah Baby
VIP
Retired
Sinner
Reaction score
Sin$
Something a little different.

Do you have any games that were released this generation, which was a remake or a re-release from a previous generation? If so, what are your thoughts on it? Still have the same feeling as it did 10 years ago? Better? Worse? Control layout isn't the same?

Myself, I have a few games that are HD remakes of originals.
  • Banjo-Kazooie (N64 to XBLA)
  • Banjo-Tooie (N64 to XBLA)
  • Splinter Cell Trilogy (various platforms to PS3)
  • Alex Kidd in Miracle World (SEGA Master System to XBLA/PSN)
Verdict? Yay. While both Banjo games still hold their ground, the control layout just doesn't feel right. But the game stays true to its original form, with the exception of a few glitches on the Xbox version which can deny you an achievement or two.

Splinter Cell Trilogy - only played it on PC so controls are not an issue. Glad to see it remade so Splinter Cell fans can enjoy the original games and see how it really should be. Not the hunk of junk it turned in to with later releases.

Alex Kidd - not a fan. The game was for free on the Master System and I had to pay for it on XBLA. Other than that, it brings back some awesome memories.

Cosmic Owl

Cosmic Owl

Determination!
Content Team
VIP
MotM Stickied Journalist
Reaction score
Sin$
Something a little different.

Do you have any games that were released this generation, which was a remake or a re-release from a previous generation? If so, what are your thoughts on it? Still have the same feeling as it did 10 years ago? Better? Worse? Control layout isn't the same?

Myself, I have a few games that are HD remakes of originals.
  • Banjo-Kazooie (N64 to XBLA)
  • Banjo-Tooie (N64 to XBLA)
  • Splinter Cell Trilogy (various platforms to PS3)
  • Alex Kidd in Miracle World (SEGA Master System to XBLA/PSN)
Verdict? Yay. While both Banjo games still hold their ground, the control layout just doesn't feel right. But the game stays true to its original form, with the exception of a few glitches on the Xbox version which can deny you an achievement or two.

Splinter Cell Trilogy - only played it on PC so controls are not an issue. Glad to see it remade so Splinter Cell fans can enjoy the original games and see how it really should be. Not the hunk of junk it turned in to with later releases.

Alex Kidd - not a fan. The game was for free on the Master System and I had to pay for it on XBLA. Other than that, it brings back some awesome memories.
I really think they did a fantastic job with the Banjo remakes. Two of my favorite games, hands down. As well as the LoZ OoT remake.

ODonnell

ODonnell

Hold Strong
VIP
Retired
MotM Mr. Nice Guy End of the Year 2013
Reaction score
Sin$
Like I said in another thread, ****ing remake me Pokemon RBY and RSE for the 3DS.

Selena Gomez

Selena Gomez

Retired
Retired
Video Connoisseur CotM Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
I have Halo CE anniversary and its pretty nice. I'd love to get the Banjo remake but they overpriced it :frown:

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
If they actually did that, I think I may cry.

How about they remake some Spyro games.
They will ruin them like they already ruined spyro I don't want them to touch a single spyro game.

OT: I have the remakes of Jak and Daxter I can't really give an opinion on them because I only spent 10 minutes on them so far.

I also have the Ocarina of time remake for the 3DS which I love I just beat the spirit temple today and then I will defeat ganon and start the Master Quest tomorrow and hopefully that will hold me off until a Majora's Mask remake.

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
You don't know if it will ruin it.
Yes I do because if I remember correctly the original creators of spyro don't own the rights anymore hence why the game is so different now.

Cosmic Owl

Cosmic Owl

Determination!
Content Team
VIP
MotM Stickied Journalist
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes I do because if I remember correctly the original creators of spyro don't own the rights anymore hence why the game is so different now.
The original owners of Banjo Kazooie didn't do the HD remakes, same for the people who redid OoT, and they're fantastic.

shaddy

shaddy

I am SHADDY t-_-t
Chatty Kathy Stickied Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
A spyro remake would be awesome!
Gex would be cool too :smile:
Man i would love if they remade Gex:Enter the Gecko. I still play it today and I still get that same smile when playing it as i did when i was a kid. :..)

OT: I think the only remakes that i have enjoyed on current consoles were Ultimate Mortal Kombat for XBL and Jet Set Radio. But i think they should continues remaking old games but leaving them as they were without changing the stories.

Last edited:
VinnyHaw

VinnyHaw

Se7enSinner
Mythical Veteran Trifecta End of the Year 2015
Reaction score
Sin$
i have Pokemon soul silver...a remake of the original silver...and the hd treatment is really nice...a great remake that has to be played.

jax and dexter hd...i never played the original sadly, but i love this...it has all 3 of the original games...

not sure if counts...but i have the resident evil 6 anthology pack...it came with a code to download the first five games....and their excellent

Tony hawk hd on xbla...please YouTube it...it's so gorgeous

halo anniversary...loved the original...and i loved the overhaul

Larry David

Larry David

Curbing Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Rise of the Triad (RoTT) was a game for DOS back in 1995. I used to play it and it was incredibly violent for it's time. Now they're remaking it and releasing it this year and it just isn't the same!

I would love to see a HD remake of GTA III and GTA Vice City though!

Top Bottom
Login
Register