• Thread starter iDewky
  • Start date
  • Views 438
iDewky

iDewky

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
So I got an HD PVR. and I have 2 questions that I really need help with.

1. How do I plug in my xbox component cables into the PVR and my tv?
2. Do I need any program for the sound to show up or does it do it automatically?

I will plus rep for everyone who helps me out, I'm really stalled right now. :frown:

Swansea Futbol

Most Desired

Mr. Se7ensins
Reaction score
Sin$
That answers the audio question. But the YouTube video doesn't say anything about if/how you have to plug the xbox component cables into the tv and PVR.

this helped me when I set up mine

Swansea Futbol

Most Desired

Mr. Se7ensins
Reaction score
Sin$
It still doesn't how/if you setup the component cables to your xbox and pvr. But you said you have one, can't you answer yourself?

Alright so the white wired component cables go to the TV and the out part of the PVR (top of the back side [match color with color])

then take your xbox component cables and plug them into your xbox and the in part of the PVR (the bottom of the back side [ match color with color])

does this help

iDewky

iDewky

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Alright so the white wired component cables go to the TV and the out part of the PVR (top of the back side [match color with color])

then take your xbox component cables and plug them into your xbox and the in part of the PVR (the bottom of the back side [ match color with color])

does this help
Well if the xbox component cables are connected to the pvr and not the tv, then how does the xbox screen show up on the tv?

Or is the PVR a connector. as long as the pvr is connected to the tv, so is the xbox even though the component cables are hooked up to the PVR.

Swansea Futbol

Most Desired

Mr. Se7ensins
Reaction score
Sin$
Well if the xbox component cables are connected to the pvr and not the tv, then how does the xbox screen show up on the tv?

Or is the PVR a connector. as long as the pvr is connected to the tv, so is the xbox even though the component cables are hooked up to the PVR.

The pvr is a connector of some sort. When you have everything connected and have the xbox and the pvr on, if you turn the pvr off your tv screen will go black. So i guess you could say it is some sort of connector

iDewky

iDewky

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
The pvr is a connector of some sort. When you have everything connected and have the xbox and the pvr on, if you turn the pvr off your tv screen will go black. So i guess you could say it is some sort of connector
Yay! Thank you!

iamme

iamme

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
When you have the hd pvr turned off, it doesn't send the image/ video back. Like, the video goes from your xbox to the hd pvr, but if its off, it sends nothing through the out component cables.

Top Bottom
Login
Register