Unsolved Having trouble with VPN on PS4

• Thread starter killerwithin2
  • Start date
  • Views 132
K

killerwithin2

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
I’ve tried putting on a vpn on my PS4 through my MacBook Air through a lab cable, I select internet sharing and that works, but every time I press on test internet connection it fails and does not connect to the internet, any idea how I can fix this? Or how I can use a VPN on my PS4 through the MacBook Air?

H

H Y X

RGH and CFW hoster
Reaction score
I’ve tried putting on a vpn on my PS4 through my MacBook Air through a lab cable, I select internet sharing and that works, but every time I press on test internet connection it fails and does not connect to the internet, any idea how I can fix this? Or how I can use a VPN on my PS4 through the MacBook Air?
I don't know if you have already seen this article but it may help who knows. But I would recommend using a router with a built in way to add a VPN so you can use it across all of your devices. But here's the article if you are interested https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/game/use-vpn-ps4-3670694/

If the link is removed due to it being an external link I will copy and paste it in this spoiler:
  1. Install the VPN software of your choice.
  2. Plug one end of an Ethernet cable into the back of your Mac and the other end into the PS4.
  3. Go to System Preferences > Sharing and select Internet Sharing from the list on the left-hand side.
  4. From the ‘Share your connection from’ drop-down menu, select Wi-Fi.
  5. From the ‘To computers using’ list, make sure Ethernet is ticked.
  6. Check the box to the left of Internet Sharing on the list to enable the sharing of your internet connection between your Mac and PS4. A green icon will be displayed if successful.
  7. Open the VPN software on your Mac and connect to your chosen server.
  8. On your PS4, go to Settings > Network Settings > Set Up Internet Connection > Use a LAN Cable and select the Easy connection method. This will automatically scan and set up your Ethernet connection.
  9. Select “Do Not Use a Proxy Server” when prompted.
  10. You can test your internet connection if you want, and if all has gone well, your PS4 should now be connected to the internet via a VPN.

Top Bottom