What's new

Solved Having trouble with RGH 3, would boot XeLL but won't boot dashboard after flashing.

• Thread starter andjnewb
  • Start date
  • Views 3,932
andjnewb

andjnewb

Reaction score
Sin$
So I managed to get everything working and XeLL booting. I re-soldered the matrix flasher and created and wrote my XeBuild image. Now when the console boots, the fan just spins really fast and it never finished booting. I've checked everything with a multimeter and I don't have any shorts. Any Ideas?
Would it have something to do with me not being in MTX USB mode?

Solution
B
Re-dump your "Stock" nand image again. If it's still giving you the 2x bad blocks at 0x0 and 0x1, DO NOT procead any further. Those 2x blocks are bad but are vital to the nand image.
So try a fresh re-dump of your stock nand again and see if those 2x bad blocks still show up in the J-Runner box.
B

BluesMan67

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Looks like the blocks 0x0 and 0x1 (which is right at the very beginning of the nand) are to blame. Try re-flashing your stock nand dump back onto the nand and de-solder the 2x RGH wires from your board, then test boot to see if it's booting with the original/stock nand image.

andjnewb

andjnewb

Reaction score
Sin$
Looks like the blocks 0x0 and 0x1 (which is right at the very beginning of the nand) are to blame. Try re-flashing your stock nand dump back onto the nand and de-solder the 2x RGH wires from your board, then test boot to see if it's booting with the original/stock nand image.
Well good news, I flashed the stock nand back and it's booting. I did use the mtx flasher mode this time. Should I go ahead and try to create another XeBuild and flash it to the console? Is there anything in the settings I could have missed/messed with that would prevent a boot with XeBuild?

B

BluesMan67

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Re-dump your "Stock" nand image again. If it's still giving you the 2x bad blocks at 0x0 and 0x1, DO NOT procead any further. Those 2x blocks are bad but are vital to the nand image.
So try a fresh re-dump of your stock nand again and see if those 2x bad blocks still show up in the J-Runner box.

Solution
andjnewb

andjnewb

Reaction score
Sin$
Update, I ended up re-flashing XeBuild after verifying that my dumps were good. Those bad blocks errors went away so it must have either been bad soldering or the fact that I didn't have JRunner in MTX Flash mode. For anyone experiencing the same issues, try a combination of both of those. You can activate the MTX mode by clicking the NANDX tab up top and clicking MTX MODE. I also had to re-solder my PLL point as it initialy wasn't booting after flashing XeBuild again. That PLL point is so freaking tiny it took me forever to get a little ball of solder on it, but I did and then taped the hell out of the wire so it wouldn't get jostled and break the joint. I also made sure that the resistor was flat against the board so it wouldn't bend during re-assembly. Thanks you BluesMan67 for the help!

B

BluesMan67

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Update, I ended up re-flashing XeBuild after verifying that my dumps were good. Those bad blocks errors went away so it must have either been bad soldering or the fact that I didn't have JRunner in MTX Flash mode. For anyone experiencing the same issues, try a combination of both of those. You can activate the MTX mode by clicking the NANDX tab up top and clicking MTX MODE. I also had to re-solder my PLL point as it initialy wasn't booting after flashing XeBuild again. That PLL point is so freaking tiny it took me forever to get a little ball of solder on it, but I did and then taped the hell out of the wire so it wouldn't get jostled and break the joint. I also made sure that the resistor was flat against the board so it wouldn't bend during re-assembly. Thanks you BluesMan67 for the help!
Your very welcome, my friend. Glad you got it sorted. I do have an MTX Flasher in my collection (think i used it all of once,as it was just to slow in reading the nand) I also have a TX Nand-X and 3x JR-Programmers. It's the JR-Programmer that i always use for nand reading/writing on non 4gb 360's.

Top Bottom
Login
Register