• Thread starter Fogel
  • Start date
  • Views 645
Fogel

Fogel

Call Me Mclovin!
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay, so I use my Ps4 everyday only really for Netflix. It was shutting off on it's own and is pretty much untouched until the next night. Well after using it in the a.m I went out and came home later turned on the console and it got to the system warning message and right before the accounts pop up it froze. HOlding power button didnt work so I shut the console off. I tried this several times until I realized the console was very hot let it cool and it booted up fine. Now there is an update but I keep getting error code su-30627-8. Can someone help me with this issue

King Kerser

King Kerser

ABK 225
Reaction score
Sin$
Well for me my console use to overheat all the time when i put it to sleep mode instead of turning it off so if your putting your console to sleep all the time and leaving it for hours and days well that could be your problem because thats what was happening to my console

Cali

Cali

Retired
Retired
Legendary Veteran Fabled Veteran Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay, so I use my Ps4 everyday only really for Netflix. It was shutting off on it's own and is pretty much untouched until the next night. Well after using it in the a.m I went out and came home later turned on the console and it got to the system warning message and right before the accounts pop up it froze. HOlding power button didnt work so I shut the console off. I tried this several times until I realized the console was very hot let it cool and it booted up fine. Now there is an update but I keep getting error code su-30627-8. Can someone help me with this issue

Option 1 - Update the system via Internet and safe mode
  • Connect your PS4 to the internet with an Ethernet cable
  • Power of the PS4 completely
  • Press and HOLD the power button until the second beep then release it
  • Connect your controller via the USB cable
  • Select update from the menu
  • Select from internet
  • Allow the update to download and install
At this point the PS4 should restart and you will be back on the XMB menu. if not then you will need to reinstall the system software.

Option 2 - Re-Install the system software
  • Format a 2GB USB flash drive in fat/fat32/xfat
  • On the USB create a folder called PS4 (All in caps)
  • Inside that Folder create a folder called UPDATE (all in caps)
  • Follow the link and download the system software to the folder UPDATE on your USB flash drive
http://dus01.ps4.update.playstation...b25ad39b7039ee2d88a825d2a04ab30/PS4UPDATE.PUP
  • Once downloaded put the USB flash drive into your PS4
  • Connect your PS4 to the internet with an Ethernet cable
  • Power of the PS4 completely
  • Press and HOLD the power button until the second beep then release it
  • Connect your controller via the USB cable
  • Select reinstall system software from the menu (one of the last two options)
  • Let it complete and the system will reboot. You may then need to follow the steps under option one if there is a software/update mismatch)
NOTE: If option 1 does not work and you proceed with option 2 you will loose all your saved game data, installed games and save files. This is unavoidable but on the plus side your PS4 will be working

Top Bottom
Login
Register