What's new
  • Howdy, Guest!

We have issued a forced password reset on all user accounts, meaning you will not be able to login until this process is complete. Instructions will be displayed when you login with your previous credentials, however if for any reason you do not have access to your associated email address, you will need to contact us at [email protected].

For more information, please read this Important Announcement

Thank you for being awesome!

Question Having a RGH or a JTAG in 2021: Risks

HTS x Kenny

HTS x Kenny

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello,

I would like to know if in 2021 there are still risks of account/console bans for RGH or JTAG that would be linked to Xbox Live. Around me I was informed that today Microsoft no longer had the necessary tools to control these machines, because of the new generation consoles.

Is it true ? Or is the risk still present?

Lucky

Lucky

HYX's stamp of approval!
Super Moderators
Premium
Scaling the Mountain Beginning of An Odyssey Bright Idea
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
The risk is 100% still there.
Microsoft’s servers still have a challenge system which detects modded consoles.. the risk has lowered significantly as many stealth servers have really fine-tuned the challenge responses over the years (KV files can last months to years now, opposed to days or week back in 2014-2015.)
Account suspensions can also be banned due to serious modding/reports against the account. I would and always will suggest not using your main account on a modified console. Always use a burner account.

HTS x Kenny

HTS x Kenny

Reaction score
Sin$
In case i would like to get lost DLCs (like the Forza Horizon 1 ones) to do achievements for my main account, can I get banned just for using a "cracked" game?

Lucky

Lucky

HYX's stamp of approval!
Super Moderators
Premium
Scaling the Mountain Beginning of An Odyssey Bright Idea
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I do not condone piracy.
However, Xbox live doesn’t seem to really care if a game is “signed” - as flashed disc drive consoles have been around for ages with very little ban rates.
There is always a risk with bringing an account online and cheating with it that it may be punished. It’s hard to really give a definite answer, as everyone has always told me never to use my main account but my burners instead.

Top Bottom
Login
Register