Has my XBox finally died?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by MartineZ, Jan 7, 2009 with 3 replies and 272 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MartineZ

MartineZ Newbie

Ratings:
    Since I got my xbox it has been defective and dumb. At times it doesn't even know it's an xbox and tells me to put the disc in an Xbox 360 Console. My disc tray has also been broken for quite sometime and basically refuses to open without taking off the faceplate and pressing the Emergency Open Button. I now have a new and more important issue though. When I turn on my xbox, I hear it run and I can hear the audio through my TV but the screen is nothing but black with white dots scrolling across it. I've tried unplugging everything and I waited a day without even turning the console on but it wont work. If anyone could help me it would be great because I no longer have a warranty.​

2. bradenriver64

bradenriver64 Banned

Ratings:
    You could be getting the put this disk in a 360 console because your disk is dirty. And a similar thing happened to me with the screen I bought a new cord and it was gone.

3. OP
    MartineZ

MartineZ Newbie

Ratings:
    Alright man I'm gonna get new TV/AV Cords and see if that works.
    The only thing I'm worried about is I think my graphics card itself might be failing.

4. bradenriver64

bradenriver64 Banned

Ratings:
    Thats a possibility if the cords don't work return them and call up microsoft

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.