What's new

Question Hard Drive Upgrade Question

K

kwalsh24

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey all, I am relatively a n00b to the xbox scene, just bought a 2006 model RROD unit, fixed it with the hybrid xclamp mod and now looking at putting a hard drive in it as it didnt come with one, already bought the shell and now looking at my options. Has anyone ever attempted to put a non WD drive in the unit when doing the upgrade? I have a 60gb Seagate and a 200gb Toshiba unit and was wondering if there would be a way to get either one of the units installed into the xbox360? I searched the net and have looked over the guides, found a 60gb & 120 & 250 hddss.bin file and was just curious if anyone could perhaps tell me if either of my 2 drives will work?

OR

Could I put eiter of the 2 drives into an external USB enclosure and use the drive that way too if the replacement method doesnt work? If that would work what all would I need? Would I be more limited on what I can do with the external drive over the internal?

P.S My system only has a firmware mod done to the drive in the system, no hardware modifications....

Thanks! Hope i dont annoy anyone with me posting these couple questions in this thread.

Top Bottom
Login
Register