• Views 202
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Toxic Donkey

Old Timer
Reaction score
Sin$
My friends computer died his parents already got another one. Hes a musician and needs his songs off the one that died ( wont turn on). Is it possible to take out the harddrive and put it in the newer one, save the songs to a usb, then switch them back?

K

Kilo Runz Dis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
man this happend to me bro you cant transfer i was pissed i am srry about this !!

call best buy maybe IDK

geordychamp

geordychamp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
My friends computer died his parents already got another one. Hes a musician and needs his songs off the one that died ( wont turn on). Is it possible to take out the harddrive and put it in the newer one, save the songs to a usb, then switch them back?

it is possible and you dont need to mess around installing the drive all you need is some thing like this http://www.amazon.co.uk/IOMAX-SATA-Adapter-Power-Drive/dp/B001A5SK56/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1285964419&sr=8-1 you connect one end to a usb port on the working pc and the other to your drive it will either be a ide drive or a sata drive then its just like an external hard drive and you can transfer things back and forward from the drive.

so long as the problem wasn't with the hard drive its self or it was fried when it broke it should work no problem

geordychamp

geordychamp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
no probs you can also just install it as a second hard drive in the pc but you need to know what your doing as if you do it wrong you can break the whole pc like me i put a one in wrong and blew the integrated graphics card on my sisters pc totally writing it off lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register