• Start date
  • Views 1,777
C

Corson Clarkson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello,

Okay so here is my problem. I got the new MW2 Xbox for Christmas and the first thing I did was install all my game's to my hard drive so it would be quieter to play, faster load times and stuff. Okay, now here's the problem, I let my little brother borrow my MW2 game. So I let him borrow then my friend was hosting a tenth/infection lobby and I was like sure I will go in for the infections there fun to have. So I go to put my MW2 disk in and it say's it is unreadable, I tried booting it from going to game library and clicking MW2. Now what I don't understand is my xbox is reading that it is in fact the MW2 game so why won't it load, oh and I forgot to mention you probably know what happened with the disk haha, scratched to poop. Of course I am mad I am just looking for some answer's to what might have happened I searched around on here and from what I understand I am the only one to post this, please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks for taking your time to read this.

-Corson

C

Corson Clarkson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I was going to take it to block buster I just don't see why I would have too since it's ripped onto my hrad drive.

Mafia0G

Mafia0G

Or Nah
Mythical Veteran Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$
It wont work now because the drive still has to read the disk to play it. Adding it to your HDD doesnt stop it from reading the disk it just makes it read less.

C

Corson Clarkson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
But then when people burn there game to there hard drive and open up that god thing for Jtag and patch it they can play the whole game with out a disk. I thought when you ripped it to your hard drive it just had to verify that it was the correct game and then it would be done. Correct my if I am wrong I am just looking for answers I won't get I guess.

tim008

tim008

Retired Diet Mod
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
You are correct, but clearly your disc if far too scratched to even allow that <_<
Maybe you`ll think twice before lending your disc next time.

C

Corson Clarkson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't mind lending them out. I have no problem with that. But the sad thing is it isn't even scratched that bad. I am going to take it to block buster for them to fix it if they can't I will just buy a new one there's no problem with that. I just don't understand why my xbox can read that it is modern warfare 2 in the disk tray then just not read it. It's so retarded. Remind me never to give my stuff to my brother :tongue:

C

Corson Clarkson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I use Brasso, but you could always try this: http://www.wikihow.com/Repair-a-CD-With-Toothpaste

Brasso?? I will try that but the toothpast I have has the like squares of listerine type things in it do you think that would be okay to use or not.

tim008

tim008

Retired Diet Mod
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Probably not, as they might scratch it further.

Brasso is metal polishing compound:

brasso.JPG

C

Corson Clarkson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes, its really fine. Its excellent for polishng scratches out of cell phone screens too :wink:

Well I will believe you on that one, I shall give it a try. How much is it just for a little container of it preferably in USD/CAD currancey. I am guessing wal-mart will have it haha.

Top Bottom
Login
Register