What's new

Discussion Handsome jack still alive (Proof) (After borderlands 2)

• Thread starter Viper Marcus
  • Start date
  • Views 10,551
V

Viper Marcus

Reaction score
Sin$
]

Last edited:
Invisible Man

Invisible Man

Le Penseur
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Journalist AzzidReign Jr
Reaction score
Sin$
Where's the proof?

All I heard was speculation and theories.

V

Viper Marcus

Reaction score
Sin$
The proof is you can see the image of handsome jack standing there

Invisible Man

Invisible Man

Le Penseur
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
It's a holographic image.

Until you can produce an actual physical Jack, it's still speculation as to whether or not he is still alive.

(remember "memory stick")

V

Viper Marcus

Reaction score
Sin$
Did you beat tales from the borderlands 
Well if you did remember when jack said he was going to kill them all

V

Viper Marcus

Reaction score
Sin$
Yes the tales is out yet. this is to everyone if you did not beat all borderlands game then please just do not comment on this thread p.s tales for the borderlands is on steam

CRDNight

CRDNight

Dota 2/LoL
Hardened Veteran Jokester Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes the tales is out yet. this is to everyone if you did not beat all borderlands game then please just do not comment on this thread p.s tales for the borderlands is on steam
I don't understand a single sentence you said. I've done all of the games multiple times. Provide proof that Jack's still alive or your post is just a speculation.

Invisible Man

Invisible Man

Le Penseur
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Here's some more speculation for you.

The version of Jack you are seeing could just be an A.I. version....

Just like Felicity.

Ghoztz

Ghoztz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I wrote this a week or two ago, sorry for spelling mistakes.. highlights all the speculation youd need about jack and the next borderlands ^_^
But, as people have already said its all speculation, The Borderlands series has a habbit of having a weird story progression..
Right prepare yourself; this is loong
It doesnt seem like a hint at DLC for The presequel as the ending (and the narration of the game) takes place after borderlands 2. Take note the alien said "upcoming war" - asin, even after borderlands 2, that it hasnt taken place yet. Given that the presequel is set between 1 and 2 this means it cant be referring to that..
That "alien" isnt a guardian either. Guardians are a sentinent AI left behind by the eridians whom (apparently) perished. Its anatomy is slightly different if the form of its armour is to be followed, and it is ALOT more decorated than any guardian ive ever seen in the entirety of the series. I dont even think ive seen armour on guardians before. Also note its phsycic ability in the beginning and end - this "alien" may very well be an eridian
I think the most interesting thing about the ending to the presequel is that Jack forsaw the future - he seen the events that would take place around the warrior, he seen lilith charging the key (not his daughter, maybe he knew she would die aswell) he seen the map that appeared after he died in the second game - all before it happened. So surely he knew that he was going to die?
If you play as the doppleganger at the beginning jack still volenteers to stay behind at helios, his body double is skeptical as its his job to take jacks position in situations like that but jack still refuses, further implying it was a tactical choice for him to stay behind, it also shows hes capable of deciept that even the player may not be aware of.
Also, in the telltale game "Tales from the borderlands" (its a miniseries like the walking dead, taking place after borderlands 2. It hasnt been released yet but the trailers are available) in the trailer, his hologram appears telling the 2 people that they "do want a part of this madness"
It has been announced by gearbox that he did indeed physically die at the end of borderlands 2. Note they said PHYSICALLY.
Given the technology at his disposal, the entire hyperion company, he could have very well found a way to upload his concious to the echonet or made his digi jacks in an exact likeness of him in the event that he did die so that they could carry on his legacy
This could very well mean he's still capable of playing atleast partly the role of a villain
Pretty sure that the "aliens" (or eridians) comments will lead through to the next borderlands, given gearbox has openly admitted to wanting the franchise kept alive; it sells, people enjoy it and even after a year you still get a whole load of people playing it.
Ofcourse, i cant claim that what ive read is 100% reliable and alot of it is speculation but they do have valid points

If youve actually taken the time to read this.. Thanks ^_^

W

Woksu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
My speculation is that Rhys will turn into Jack on Tales from boderlands.

W

Woksu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'd like to see that.

Or maybe not completely as Jack but with Jack's mind and DNA-signature that Nakayama had in his files or something like that.
And therefore he could be referred as "New and improved Jack" or something like that.
Improved in terms of the echoeye and hyperion arm.

coldshock

coldshock

Reaction score
Sin$
In the Q&A between the gearbox guys and telltale studios, they confirmed that the real jack is dead.
Holo jack is still alive though.
I like the speculation about Rhys.

AntiConstruct

AntiConstruct

Reaction score
Sin$
When i first saw Rhys is Tales the first thing I thought was: Hes the new Jack. No doubt about it.

Doctor_Who

Doctor_Who

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
When you see Handsome Jack is tales from the borderlands he's a hologram. Borderlands pre sequel is a doppelganger. Anything else? We clearly killed him in Borderlands 2 unless you have any proof

W

Woksu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Or maybe not completely as Jack but with Jack's mind and DNA-signature that Nakayama had in his files or something like that.
And therefore he could be referred as "New and improved Jack" or something like that.
Improved in terms of the echoeye and hyperion arm.

After 4 episodes I have to say it seems like my guess was close but the things that actually happened are way better...

If telltales story is going to be as good as it has been I just can't wait for borderlands 3.

Top Bottom
Login
Register