• Thread starter II Rated R II
  • Start date
  • Views 299
II Rated R II

II Rated R II

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have the feature enabled both on my iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6 Plus, however I no longer receive phone calls or texts sent to my iPad. A while back I messed with the settings/logged out of account on iPad and now I can't seem to get that feature back. Any solutions? Thanks in advance.

Operating System
  1. iOS
Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
MotM Bright Idea 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
I have the feature enabled both on my iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6 Plus, however I no longer receive phone calls or texts sent to my iPad. A while back I messed with the settings/logged out of account on iPad and now I can't seem to get that feature back. Any solutions? Thanks in advance.
On your phone, go to settings -> phone -> calls on other devices to change those settings to select your iPad. Similarly, go to messages -> text message forwarding to select your ipad. If it doesn't show up, you must be signed in to the same iCloud account on both devices for it to work properly.

II Rated R II

II Rated R II

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
On your phone, go to settings -> phone -> calls on other devices to change those settings to select your iPad. Similarly, go to messages -> text message forwarding to select your ipad. If it doesn't show up, you must be signed in to the same iCloud account on both devices for it to work properly.
This worked; thank you. I appreciate the help. By any chance do you know how we are supposed to text android users through iMessage (not on phone - iPad /Mac)? Last year Apple's website said we would be able to do so and I haven't figured out how. My android contact names appear in red when I try to text them on my iPad and "send" is greyed out.

Google hasn't helped me either.

Last edited:
Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
MotM Bright Idea 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
This worked; thank you. I appreciate the help. By any chance do you know how we are supposed to text android users through iMessage (not on phone - iPad /Mac)? Last year Apple's website said we would be able to do so and I haven't figured out how. My android contact names appear in red when I try to text them on my iPad and "send" is greyed out.

Google hasn't helped me either.
That would be text message forwarding with "send as SMS" turned on in your message settings. As far as I know, iMessage is still only available between Apple devices.

II Rated R II

II Rated R II

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yea it's on, but still doesn't work. Thanks anyway and thanks for your help earlier. Again, I appreciate you taking time out to respond. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom
Login
Register