Reaction score
Sin$
Don't know why they didn't just call it halo 5 to avoid confusion

Teancum

Teancum

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Congrats, you have **** taste and allow companies to screw over consumers.
You're welcome to your opinion. Fact of the matter is that this is the direction Halo is going. You're free to jump ship any time you like and stay in 2007 with your memories of the golden days.

Teancum

Teancum

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
To be fair, I love those games too. But honestly it's either jump on the bandwagon or be left in the past. The classic Halo games are -- unfortunately or not depending on opinion -- are becoming just that. But at least Halo 3 will be free soon enough, and that will help populate it.

Sprint and AAs are just going to be a part of future Halos. Best we can hope for is continued refinement to please more players.

The Nintendo 64

The Nintendo 64

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I stopped playing H4 now I just play H3. Halo 2 was super fun but I just tend to let my old xbox games collect dust. :/

p m

p m

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I hope it's a basic Halo game, but won't happen. It'll be a Halo 4, 343i tried a little to get H4 a bit better, but I barely even turn my xbox on now. I actually was considering doing some XBC again on the old beast console

Pray For Blood

Pray For Blood

"Can you hear the thunder that's breaking?"
Premium
Legendary Veteran Grammar Nazi Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
Ehhhh...Kay.
Not thrilled, not until I see gameplay.

DOMIN8

DOMIN8

Content Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Scaling the Mountain Platinum Record
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Halo CE for PC > all Halo's.... No but seriously that game had some kickass maps in it. Halo 2 really got Online Multiplayer going but, I think Halo 3 really was the best for multiplayer so far....

speedy11131

speedy11131

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Anyone remember Halo Custom Edition? I would spend hours in custom maps (this was before Forge, kids)

Rosie Weyland

Rosie Weyland

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Whoop, somebody doesn't agree with my opinion! Better call him bad!

Knock it off. People have these things called 'opinions' and regardless of what you were brought up to believe, it's OK to have opinions that aren't the same as yours.

If we're looking at things subjectively, each Halo title may not have been the pinnacle, since each one did something radically different. Instead, you may as well argue that each title was the best at what it did:

- Every Halo is known for its campaign (as far as I'm aware, this is still Halo's main selling point)
- Halo 2 pioneered online competitive (ew, tryhard, get it off me) gaming for the console
- Halo 3 took what was good with Halo 2 and refined it, and threw in Campaign Co-Op and Forge, to boot
- Halo Reach was the pinnacle of custom gaming - love or loathe it, Reach's Forge and Custom lobbies are second to none
- Halo 4... was the best at being Halo 4?

Either way, the next time you feel a burning urge to slam somebody down for an opinion, just grab a pillow and scream into it, or something. Stat-flaming isn't welcome here.

p m

p m

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Lol, somebody is butt hurt, anyways your argument is invalid as far as im concerned, halo 3 was not the top Halo game, Halo 2 easily takes the cake, you obviously didn't play halo 2 in its prime. Halo 2 literally changed the whole game, people only bought xbox for HALO. Without halo 2 the xbox 360 as we know it wouldn't have even come into existence, it didn't have any good titles really, aside halo, halo 2, and like battlefield 2, and then when 360 came out, i found myself still playing halo 2 until gears of war and halo 3 came out i think a year probably 2 years later. Halo 3 was good, but it was nothing compared to 2, halo 2 was the only game where you rank held significance and ment something to the player (until people started modding online, and bridging and team standbying of course) Halo 3 the rank ment absolutely nothing, if you were a 50 that didnt mean jack****, you probably sucked more just as bad as the 20 in the game. Halo 2>Halo 3. Halo 4>Halo Reach. Halo combat evolved = classic
If I could like this 100000000000000000000000000000000000000 x10000000000000000000000000 I would, people think Halo 3 was the best because, one they played Halo 2 custom games/campaign, never online. Their xbox Originals don't even have the update on it, so you're right, they never played it in it's prime, when you had 100 friend list, you had 100 friends online, playing Halo 2. Then you made a clan to just add another 100 people. I remember making a second account so I could have a 400 friends list, that's how many people that were on, and online all the time. Highest I've ever had were 96 people online at once on my list for Halo 2, but 100 in my clan. Halo 2 was my game, I played it non stop, all day, every single day. I never once was like I am now "Nah I don't feel like even turning on my xbox" I loved that game, best game ever. People who played, were good because they played all the time too, and that was what made it fun. Also, the game was simple, MM was fun as hell, hard to rank up, but that made you try harder and learn more tricks to win. Now I'm not talking about Halo Reach where even if you credit capped everyday, it took months to rank up. I'm talking about, it took skill. Actually team work and chemistry. Now not saying that Halo 3 didn't either, but come on, some people who got a 50 in halo 3, weren't even a 18 like you said in halo 2. Definitely showed the difference in required skill. Till the day I die, Halo 2 will be the best game ever, in my opinion. I still remember, on certain days, I can remember playing and just have tons of fun. I recently picked up Halo 2 Vista, and I'm playing that. Brings back the memories. I still will bring out the original xbox and play XBC, but I haven't turned on my 360 in months. I did get Inheritor in Reach, but after that I traded it, and yes I did the Challenge boost thing. Halo 4, I'm not saying a word, other than, I played it, got to 108, they put 'The Pit' in, played it for 3 days, and quit. I have no stride to try or play it. They put skilled ranks, 'skilled' but I win win win, most points, most kills, least deaths, win the game, I go down or don't go up. That's what was great about Halo 2. You went to Bungie.net, typed your tag in, it showed all your playlist ranks, and had a bar, and if you win goes up, lose, doesn't go down or goes down a bit, but not 4 ranks. Like 10%. If you win after a loss, like 5%, win a second time like 10%. These are random numbers, but I know you know what I'm talking about. So when you win a lot, you refresh and saw, I'm about to rank up! Win a game, bam you ranked up. Very basic, very easy, and fun.

That's what 343i needs to think about. BASIC,EASY, and FUN TO PLAY. Halo 2 for life, forever.

SnperKing

SnperKing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Arguments aside, Halo for Xbox One kinda smells....

Like Halo 2 for Windows Vista.

The BS Gamer

The BS Gamer

Enthusiast
Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
Arguments aside, Halo for Xbox One kinda smells....

Like Halo 2 for Windows Vista.

By that logic it's going to be Halo CE on Xbox One, and it'll say that it's only for Xbox One when it's CEA on 360.

ThePensForLife

ThePensForLife

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Linky

halo-5.jpg

Halo Xbox One has been confirmed by Microsoft as Halo 5, although 343i did seem hesitant at first about it.

Not anything very new, seeing that everyone used the title of Halo Xbox One as Halo 5 anyways.

What're your thoughts? Does this change your standards or ideas for what the new Halo is going to be?

I have always been a halo fan... but lets be real people. The Halo we know and love is gone. Halo Reach v7 (ZBNS) aka zero bloom no sprint (last remnants of actual halo).... it is a thing of the past, and it is not coming back. Id love to say 343 will bring us back to our glory days..... but those days are gone. #sadness

Top Bottom
Login
Register