• Thread starter The BS Gamer
  • Start date
  • Views 5,666
R

RevanXVII

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
... and yet despite complaints Halo 4 was hugely profitable. You assume that because one game did not do well in your eyes that the franchise is doomed. The real thing you should hope for is that they learn from their mistakes. But feel free to jump off the hype train of calling Halo 4 a failure, which it wasn't. Was it the best Halo, or even in the top 3? Probably not in most people's books. But it still made plenty of money and has plenty of loyal fans.
Dude, where the hell have you been? Ever since 343 got ahold of the rights to halo, they've done nothing but f*** it up, Reach is almost unplayable for me now, I didn't have any problems playing Reach before 343 got the rights to halo, but 3 days after 343 got the rights LITERALLY 3 days, Reach was unplayable, not the disc but the players, insta-kills, somehow knowing where I am at all times, it was disgraceful! Then Halo 4 came out and did nothing but cater to Noobs and COD fanboys for months, sure halo 4 had good aspects too like regicide and Ricochet, but the straw that broke the camels back to say was the new DLC not working in Spartan ops, and to top it all off 343 themselves said they weren't going to fix it, so Excuuuuuuuuuuuussssssssse me for not joining the retarded hype train as you call it, I added the retarded part, anyway, it's not just halo, it's Microsoft in general, I honestly don't enjoy playing 360 games anymore, they're just...boring, I've actually gone all the way back to the n64 and said to myself "why doesn't Microsoft make games like this?" IE different but maintaining their original aspects, Halo 4 is just COD with a Halo skin, there's nothing pro about pro gamemodes anymore, can't count how the noob population has skyrocketed, and just the blatant half-assed DLC and such, I'm done, I've had it, I gave 343 a chance and they blew it, So I'll leave you with this, "f*** Halo 5, f*** the Xbox One, and most importantly, f*** MICROSOFT!"

Harben

Harben

Future IT Guy
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I can't wait for the next installment, I hope it's just as amazing as Halo 4.

T3DDY_173

T3DDY_173

the official T3DDY
Hardened Veteran Frame In Gold Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
... and yet despite complaints Halo 4 was hugely profitable. You assume that because one game did not do well in your eyes that the franchise is doomed. The real thing you should hope for is that they learn from their mistakes. But feel free to jump off the hype train of calling Halo 4 a failure, which it wasn't. Was it the best Halo, or even in the top 3? Probably not in most people's books. But it still made plenty of money and has plenty of loyal fans.

on the first day halo 4 came out. ALOT of people played it. it was super laggy and there were like 100,000 + people in 1 playlist. now verrry little. and idk

Teancum

Teancum

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$

Last time Xbox LIVE stats were reported it was still #8. You may say "OH WHAeVerz! #8 iz SOOO Much loer than REach Waz!"

True. But #8 out of hundreds of titles is still incredibly profitable. And considering on last report four of the top 20 were Call of Duty titles it's no surprise that they borrowed some of the best aspects. Spartan Ops was great, though I wanted a Season 2, and while maps are hit and miss as far as being memorable, there's only 1-2 that I hate. It's true it's not traditional Halo, and I totally get that people don't like that either. Reach wasn't either, and that game was/is awesome. What gets me is that if Bungie had done the exact same thing in Halo 4 it would have been called innovative.

We get it. You hate it. Seems strange to stick around just to complain though.

***EDIT***
I'll give complainers one thing: 343 dropped the ball when it came to the game being bug free. Lag, no file share for a few months, etc really killed off the population. It also would have helped to have had a Classic playlist right out of the gate to give players time to get acclimated to Infinity settings. I think people would have jumped back and forth between the two and been much more receptive of it if it hadn't been shoved down our throats.

Last edited:
The BS Gamer

The BS Gamer

Enthusiast
Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$

Halo actually reminds me of Halo 3 in a lot of ways with parts of Reach blended into it. I really feel that Halo 4 was a fun game. I've played Halo since the first one, and I can agree that it does feel different, but it's 343i's first game and they claimed they learned from their mistakes. The only thing Halo 4 lacks in my personal opinion as of today, is the community (and small minor things like some elements of Forge being removed). 
Really? You're Trolling right? If so, well trolled.

Take your rage filled anger somewhere else. True Halo fans like Halo for what it is, not who it's made by.

Rosie Weyland

Rosie Weyland

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Really? You're Trolling right? If so, well trolled.

People actually liking Halo 4? HAS to be a troll, right? I mean, Christ Almighty, what are they thinking? They don't like what you like, so it's low-tier trolling! Everybody has to like what you like! We must have all missed the memo somewhere down the line that says 'Everybody Must Think Like Revan'! Silly us, we'll get right back on that for you!

Sarcasm aside, that's probably the daftest post I've seen in a long time. And, I'm not sure which board you hail from (though I can probably guess), but here at 7S we try to respect other people and their opinions, despite how we disagree with them. Debating those disagreements is also fine, as long as you keep it pleasant and well-mannered. Throwing 'LAWL UR A TROLL COZ U LIEK HALO 4' is neither pleasant, nor well-mannered, and therefore not welcome.

Personally, I could miss Halo 4 out completely. The campaign was middling at best - certainly not as memorable as previous titles - and the Matchmaking hoppers make for some pretty bleak testimony. I don't like how diluted the weapon sandbox is, I don't enjoy the reliance of ordinance drops over actual map control and teamwork, and the Armour Perks just seem tacked on. Spartan Ops sort of redeems it, but not being able to play offline is a major bone for me.

TehTacoGuy

TehTacoGuy

The taco who is also a guy
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I honestly believe 343i can learn from Halo 4 and improve Halo 5 majorly. I'm looking forward to it.

DOMIN8

DOMIN8

Content Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Scaling the Mountain Platinum Record
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I've been a die-hard Halo fan since CE and nothing has topped H3 in my mind. Reach wasn't too bad... We had a killer Invasion crew in my clan and that kept me involved for quite a while. However, it still didn't live up to H3 in terms of fun in my eyes. Then H4 comes along and I think I stopped playing altogether after a month or so....

A friend of mine said in our Skype box: "You know they ****ed up Halo when Dom doesn't even play it..."

I want to be excited for H5 but, I have a feeling I'll be going down the Destiny road...

FrankSinatra

FrankSinatra

.aep
Reaction score
Sin$
I heard they were spending way more time on multiplayer than campaign. I do hope this is true.

RapCat

RapCat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I heard they were spending way more time on multiplayer than campaign. I do hope this is true.

what :o
How can you say that lol. I know mp is an important factor of the game but the campaign is something developers need to focus on more. Halo was never really about revolutionizing a huge MP game in the first place and was always about the story. Halo CE had a simple MP that was super fun back at the time and so did H2. H3 had a more complex Mp to it but the day Halo because a series where all the "fans" want is MP from the game is the day it'll die imo. This is what had happened to the COD series i think with their lack of great in depth story modes. Only a 5 hour or less story mode with every cod release is kind of stupid.
I think that halo really needs a turn around tho as Halo 4 took the cake with me and was nothing special at all. I beat the campaign once and never looked at the game again. Maybe they are dragging on master chiefs cycle too long? I would have been happy with halo 3 being the last halo (kinda sad at the same time since it would be the last time using master chief) but i felt that we were thrown into halo 4 without alot of story building up to it.I think that 343 should take the halo universe and make prequels or events even farther into the future on what happened to the human race and the flood ect. Making games from the original books would actually be fantastic as I loved reading the book series of halo.
Long read lol but anyone else feeling the same way i do about the halo series?

Slade

Slade

Why be a King
MotM TotM Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
Halo 2 was probably the best Halo game to date, following with H3 right behind it. Reach was a good idea with all the armor abilities, but it was just unnecessary. H4 was fun at the beginning, then got boring, then got fun again for me, ie. Pitfall and Ricochet. I can however say that even though H4 isn't in my top 3 Halo titles, it's still enjoyable to play, I like it. So my hopes are that 343i take a look at what fans are saying should be changed and act upon it. They did that with all the weapon tuning and what not, so I have faith that they will listen to what we have to say again.

If you trash on people who like H4, then you obviously aren't a Halo fan.

Creamsicle

Creamsicle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Can they stop running this franchise into the ground already? Geeze.

Halo 2 > all other Halo's currently out.

TehTacoGuy

TehTacoGuy

Reaction score
Sin$
Can they stop running this franchise into the ground already? Geeze.

Halo 2 > all other Halo's currently out.

Nope. Personally, i didn't like Halo 2 as much as 3. Though, i'm saying this from the experience of me not having XBL until last year.

Creamsicle

Creamsicle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Nope. Personally, i didn't like Halo 2 as much as 3. Though, i'm saying this from the experience of me not having XBL until last year.
You have no credibility in the Halo 2 department then if you never played it during it's prime time of online play. You missed out big time.

Halo 3 was the next best. Fantastic game. After H3 is when it really went downhill. They don't need Halo 1-5 then 4 other titles that were equally as awful and just filler games and attempts to make money. (ODST, Wars, reach and anniversary)

TehTacoGuy

TehTacoGuy

Reaction score
Sin$
You have no credibility in the Halo 2 department then if you never played it during it's prime time of online play. You missed out big time.

Halo 3 was the next best. Fantastic game. After H3 is when it really went downhill. They don't need Halo 1-5 then 4 other titles that were equally as awful and just filler games and attempts to make money. (ODST, Wars, reach and anniversary)

I personally enjoyed ODST and Wars. Anniversary was good because of the 10th anniversary of Halo, and it was great to see the original campaign in HD, along with a few 'new' classic maps for Reach. Reach i will admit though... certainly not the best. Worse than H4 imo. For me it goes H:CE>H3>H2>H4>HR. I'm excluding ODST and Wars from that due to them being vastly different (Wars being an RTS, and ODST being campaign only.)

I am iNSaNiTY

I am iNSaNiTY

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
o quit crying over the xbox one, have fun playing all the noobs on playstation 4, owning both ps3 and xbox 360 i gotta say, the people on ps3 online are literally garbage. and i didn't think halo 4 was a failure, the only complaint i really had was they should of put more maps in from launch and better maps at that, but I mean all the games that come out nowadays have the worst maps. and im pretty sure you have to pay for ps4 online now anyways, besides that, xbox has the better exclusives, and all the good playstation exclusives (imo of course: metal gear solid, kingdom hearts) are going to be on the xbox one anyways.

EpicError

EpicError

Getting There
Experienced Veteran Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
o quit crying over the xbox one, have fun playing all the noobs on playstation 4, owning both ps3 and xbox 360 i gotta say, the people on ps3 online are literally garbage. and i didn't think halo 4 was a failure, the only complaint i really had was they should of put more maps in from launch and better maps at that, but I mean all the games that come out nowadays have the worst maps. and im pretty sure you have to pay for ps4 online now anyways, besides that, xbox has the better exclusives, and all the good playstation exclusives (imo of course: metal gear solid, kingdom hearts) are going to be on the xbox one anyways.

Congrats, you have **** taste and allow companies to screw over consumers. You are the reason this industry is dying.

Last time Xbox LIVE stats were reported it was still #8. You may say "OH WHAeVerz! #8 iz SOOO Much loer than REach Waz!"

True. But #8 out of hundreds of titles is still incredibly profitable. And considering on last report four of the top 20 were Call of Duty titles it's no surprise that they borrowed some of the best aspects. Spartan Ops was great, though I wanted a Season 2, and while maps are hit and miss as far as being memorable, there's only 1-2 that I hate. It's true it's not traditional Halo, and I totally get that people don't like that either. Reach wasn't either, and that game was/is awesome. What gets me is that if Bungie had done the exact same thing in Halo 4 it would have been called innovative.

We get it. You hate it. Seems strange to stick around just to complain though.

***EDIT***
I'll give complainers one thing: 343 dropped the ball when it came to the game being bug free. Lag, no file share for a few months, etc really killed off the population. It also would have helped to have had a Classic playlist right out of the gate to give players time to get acclimated to Infinity settings. I think people would have jumped back and forth between the two and been much more receptive of it if it hadn't been shoved down our throats.

It was only up there for two reasons. One, it had previous titles under its belt. Two, they made it into Call of Duty, and brainless kids love Call of Duty. No one thought Reach was innovative, I'm sure people complained about it as well. Whoever said Reach was awesome is blind, Halo 3 was and is going to be forever, the top Halo game. It improved from Halo 2 and brought in a lot of cool things that didn't ruin the gameplay. Reach and 4 have done nothing but ruin what Halo was, a simplistic shooter which took skill.

I honestly don't know how people could defend either Reach or Halo 4. They've done nothing but further themselves from what true Halo fans enjoyed. They only thing Reach did right was the Forge editor. They ruined the gametypes though, so it didn't really help. Halo 4 somehow, and I honestly don't know how they figured it would be a good idea to ruin it, made Forge a hell to work with.

You'll get no where in life if you don't complain about things that need changing. You are more than welcome to take it in the arse, but it would be better to get people to see how their taste is complete ****.

Top Bottom
Login
Register