• Views 24,059
CraigChrist8239

CraigChrist8239

VIP
VIP
Hardened Veteran Experienced Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey, I've been getting kinda bored with Cod so I decided to pick up on of my favorite games for a few hours; Halo Wars. I would release these mods but it appears no one cares about this game (and I don't know if this works online)... I'm just posting for anyone who is curious. Also, sorry about quality, my dev wouldn't take a pic for some reason.

Dude
Can you please release
These mods I will do anything
I did. I didn't make an official release for it, but note that the current version (should) support Halo Wars TU6. You'll need to patch the TU6 xex yourself (read the instructions). Just know, its not going to work online.

Source Code:
Code:
#include <xtl.h>
#include <xboxmath.h>
#include <xbox.h>
#include <xam.h>
#include <stdio.h>

#ifdef _DEBUG
#include <xbdm.h>
#endif

HRESULT returnResult;
DWORD WriteMemory(LPVOID address, DWORD size, LPCVOID data, HRESULT * optionalOutput)
{
    DWORD outInt;
#ifdef _DEBUG
    returnResult = DmSetMemory(address, size, data, &outInt);
#endif
#ifdef NDEBUG
    returnResult = memcpy(address, data, size) == address ? ERROR_SUCCESS : TYPE_E_UNDEFINEDTYPE;
    outInt = size;
#endif

if(optionalOutput != 0)
        optionalOutput = &returnResult;

return outInt;
}

short alwaysBranchPatch = 0x4800;
void patchHaloWarsOnBoot()
{
    //Everything is free
    WriteMemory((LPVOID)0x82817C9C, 2, (LPCVOID)&alwaysBranchPatch);
    WriteMemory((LPVOID)0x828E9968, 2, (LPCVOID)&alwaysBranchPatch);
    WriteMemory((LPVOID)0x82A0247C, 2, (LPCVOID)&alwaysBranchPatch);
    WriteMemory((LPVOID)0x82A64C94, 2, (LPCVOID)&alwaysBranchPatch);//Makes units free
    WriteMemory((LPVOID)0x82AA3290, 2, (LPCVOID)&alwaysBranchPatch);//Makes upgrades free

//No Population Limit
    WriteMemory((LPVOID)0x828F22FC, 2, (LPCVOID)&alwaysBranchPatch);
}

UNSC:
3ecbd.png

3403a.png

Covenent:
93885.png

41dcc.png

Last edited:
TKDK4

TKDK4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
How'd you do that?

I love halo wars but got sick of it because I couldn't create any interesting battles, I would love to do this.

CraigChrist8239

CraigChrist8239

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
How'd you do that?

I love halo wars but got sick of it because I couldn't create any interesting battles, I would love to do this.
Well its JTAG/Dev only... Once I (or someone) tests it online, then maybe I'll release it... But its prolly going to go on my "Grand List Of Stuff To Do If/When I Get Online Again" which probably won't ever happen.

EDIT: Also, I know. Online is terrible because no one takes the time to build up an army... People like to just rush and end the game in 10 minutes... Me and my friends would do 3v3 though and it got pretty epic. Several lasted over the hour and a half mark. One time, we had our friend get taken out, and the last two of us on a base each, and we ended up coming back to win it. The other team was PISSED!

TKDK4

TKDK4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well its JTAG/Dev only... Once I (or someone) tests it online, then maybe I'll release it... But its prolly going to go on my "Grand List Of Stuff To Do If/When I Get Online Again" which probably won't ever happen.

EDIT: Also, I know. Online is terrible because no one takes the time to build up an army... People like to just rush and end the game in 10 minutes... Me and my friends would do 3v3 though and it got pretty epic. Several lasted over the hour and a half mark. One time, we had our friend get taken out, and the last two of us on a base each, and we ended up coming back to win it. The other team was PISSED!

Alright sweet, when you release it send me a PM.

Just got an RGH console so I'd love to put i through its paces.

Blaze

Blaze

In your mind
VIP
Retired
Fabled Veteran Hardened Veteran Reporter
Reaction score
Sin$
Pretty awesome and the first I have ever seen.

Spyro

Spyro

4/18/10
VIP
Stickied Mythical Veteran End of the Year 2012
Reaction score
Sin$
I play this game all the time....also I used some trainer I found somewhere where it had unlimited population and stuff just like your mods.

CraigChrist8239

CraigChrist8239

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
Im going to bump this now that a majority of JTAG users are online. Im on a Dev kit so I can't go online.

If there is ANYONE online right now with a JTAG with Halo Wars, either PM me or msg me on aim (ryandapimp913). I will give this to you for free just so you can test online.

Epiic Prodiigy

Epiic Prodiigy

Enthusiast
Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
Im going to bump this now that a majority of JTAG users are online. Im on a Dev kit so I can't go online.

If there is ANYONE online right now with a JTAG with Halo Wars, either PM me or msg me on aim (ryandapimp913). I will give this to you for free just so you can test online.
Wow this is the first post I have seen in which you haven't received 3+ likes. That's surprising.
On topic: Try finding someone who bought XBLS. Maybe they might be willing to do this.

CraigChrist8239

CraigChrist8239

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
Wow this is the first post I have seen in which you haven't received 3+ likes. That's surprising.
On topic: Try finding someone who bought XBLS. Maybe they might be willing to do this.
ikr, I get likes on the craziest stuff...

Anyway, all those people care about is CoD. I don't think a single one of them has a single other game installed that isn't a CoD game. Most Xbox 360 users have never even played Halo Wars...

Blaze

Blaze

In your mind
VIP
Retired
Fabled Veteran Hardened Veteran Reporter
Reaction score
Sin$

Anyway, all those people care about is CoD. I don't think a single one of them has a single other game installed that isn't a CoD game. Most Xbox 360 users have never even played Halo Wars...

Well, I think you are fantastic for moving onto new projects other than COD.

TKDK4

TKDK4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I can't go online (Don't like getting banned).

Can I still get the program or are you only handing it out to people who're going on live?

Epiic Prodiigy

Epiic Prodiigy

Enthusiast
Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$

I've played it. I didn't like it :tongue:. I prefer Reach or Halo 3.

Only Hide

A Halo 4 Player

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

I take offense to this!
I've been playing it for a long time, and it's fun whenever you convince you're friends and enemies to not attack for 30 minutes!
Mine broke about a month ago though, so i'm getting it off a friend.

Top Bottom
Login
Register