Discussion Halo Series Remastered in HD

• Thread starter BtKxR3FL3X
  • Start date
  • Views 1,566
B

BtKxR3FL3X

Reaction score
Sin$
Well, it seems that 343 Studios will be remaking the Halo Series in HD using Halo:Reach's engine.

http://n4g.com/news/618847/343-industries-prepares-the-halo-series-remastered-in-hd

Thoughts?

A

arieldude18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I got my first xbox 360 (didn't have an xbox) in August of 09, before that I played PS3, I would like to see Halo 1 and 2 redone for xbox 360, but if I had already owned them, I wouldn't bother getting them...

Pedophile

TigerBlood

Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
I would love to see Halo 1 and 2 in a 360 case.
Me to. I never got a chance to play Halo 2 much because I didn't have a Xbox so I only got to play it when friends came over. I tried playing my PC version once but I gave up due to having to use a mouse.

Chriss

Chriss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well I think this is great for 343 studios, but I would rather have regular Halo and Halo 2.

It's good for 343 because this will be harder for them to screw up, it's not like they are creating a new Halo game[yet], they are just updating an old one.

I would MUCH rather have some sort of an update if possible for Halo 2 which enable Live capabilities. I loved Halo 2 so damn much it's sad.

megan fox

megan fox

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
Dont really care for them remaking it.
They were fun they didnt need amazing graphics to be fun.
I enjoyed playing with friends and having a good time.

SupremeCippy

SupremeCippy

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
i would love to see this if done right, but if there gana turn it into reach with a jet pack im out.

Pedophile

TigerBlood

Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
i would love to see this if done right, but if there gana turn it into reach with a jet pack im out.
I'm pretty sure they just mean a copy of the game with Reach's graphics and that kinda thing... Not the weapons, equipment, etc.

Se7en Ounces

Se7en Ounces

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Personally, I'd like to see this because I never played Halo 1 or Halo 2

O

omeganuepsilon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It would be entertaining to have the whole series remastered with reaches engine with slight touches here and there to make the story a bit more linnear and consistant(less of the changing weapons / tweaks) for a more realistic feel. We've got all this weaponry in reach, for example, but the ship we see off at the end has outdated weaponry and armor..wtf?)

In other words, "upgrades" only as the series progresses. No dissappearing weapons(we've got access to fuel rods but didn't in Halo 1(except PC) etc. 5 different functional Magnums, 3 precision rifles aside from the sniper and covvie weapons, Duals appearing and dissappearing from the franchise. Needler effect up then down, nerf here, over powered that.

It would also be nice to have a multiplayer that has all of the elements of all 3 games. Have a customized Halo 1, 2, 3, Reach playlist, use ODST as "SWAT", then within each a team slayer and a team OBJ.
A universal Snipers because they really haven't changed much.

All vehicles in all incarnations.(I mean 1 Ghost, but also the Chopper, the Specter and the revenent, etc, but old and new Scorpions) Could lead to some very nice vehicle maps.

1 almighty blank canvas for forge, and only classic maps. Some of what we've had forced down our throats are only liked as a matter of acclimation.

*shrugs*

It's a pipe dream, of course. But it really could sell. As a benefit, it wouldn't have bungie's name on it and all of the stubborn nastiness that comes with that. "WE want it that way, so that's the way it is. Get used to it" -atleast there'd be hope to not have that mentality

R

Reptar

Taylor Swift or Die
Grammar Nazi Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I used to play Halo on PC (and I loved it), but I'd also love to see it with Reach's graphics on the XBOX 360.

Nazgul

Nazgul

Se7enth Reaper
Reaction score
Sin$
Very clever move, remake the mother of all FPS with the best in HD graphics.

Microsoft will be rolling in the cash.

TheBestKilleR

TheBestKilleR

ChiKKen Swoup
Mythical Veteran CotM Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Wow, Halo 2 HD will be SICK...considering halo 2 is the best multiplayer game ever made in xbox's history.

T

turk645

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
but as long as they can recreate the experience of the original halo 2 multiplayer then its good. :tongue: Just remember, the remake has to still feel like the old one in order to do well.

I honestly wouldnt be suprised if they just reused a lot of old recordings for cutscenes and everything to cut back on dev time. Also it could mean firefight flood edition

OMNISniper

OMNISniper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If they make Halo 1&2 into 360 games, with the Reach gfx engine, with ACHIEVEMENTS and MULTIPLAYER added to them(big deal for Halo CE), I'll be cool with that.

Otherwise I want Halo 4.

BreakdowN v2

BreakdowN v2

VIP
Retired
End of the Year 2012 End of the Year 2016 End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
I would LOVE this. Like, if they get like an awesome box set or whatever. This would be amazing and I would most defiantly buy this.

SharpGhost

SharpGhost

Reach for the Stars
VIP
Retired
Odysseus' Summit Sinner Nevar gon' happen in your lifetime
Reaction score
Sin$
Or they should just make a super forge Halo where you can build your own Halo game... :smile:

Top Bottom
Login
Register