Discussion Halo Reach on MLG!

• Thread starter J8S
  • Start date
  • Views 2,996
J

J8S

Reaction score
Sin$
Do you think halo reach will make it to the MLG? I was thinking this because every halo has made it and every halo takes the one before its place in the MLG. But what about Reach because alot of people are saying its not as good but i keep debating that it will still be in the MLG and all the halo 3 pros will go to halo reach. What do you think?

AvengedSevnfold

AvengedSevnfold

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Reach=Good
MLG=Bad

MLG ruins everything, simple as that

Marino HD

Marino HD

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I totally disagree with the above post.
MLG makes Halo a better game.
They emphasize teamwork and the game at it's best, not the dumbed down way Bungie makes it.

AvengedSevnfold

AvengedSevnfold

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I agree with the teamwork thing, but taking out tactical weapons, increasing resistance, heightening jump, disable radar, ect....... It takes out so much of what it has to offer

Legit Help

Legit Help

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
which leaves you to rely on skill i reckon mlg brings the best out of player

AvengedSevnfold

AvengedSevnfold

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Its part of the game, no need to take it out because "it's noobish" when in fact it is not.

J

J8S

Reaction score
Sin$
I'm pretty sure MLG will have their own game type for it taking out stuff and items just like halo 3.

A

aspammer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
MLG ruined Halo, I mean cmon who wants a f***ing battle rifle beast weapon that rules all weapons? Reach was perfect, everything was balanced.

J

J8S

Reaction score
Sin$
Once Reach falls in the hands of MLG you might spawn with dmr or pistole.

Marino HD

Marino HD

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
MLG ruined Halo, I mean cmon who wants a f***ing battle rifle beast weapon that rules all weapons? Reach was perfect, everything was balanced.

I completely disagree, the BR was the most balanced. It was a well rounded mid/long range weapon.
No offense but like 8/10 of people who complain about the BR being overpowered were low ranks.
I'm not even joking, that is from my experience and research.
There's a correlation there.

You could not be good at H3 without being decent with a BR, mark my words.
Reach was dumbed down even more because the majority of players were people complaining.
When the problem is, people don't want to adapt to different gameplay.

H3 by default was a run at each other and spam beatdown game.
MLG, however was the definition of skill in H3. Lower shields and more damage forced you to pick your shots carefully, radar off makes you rely on your teammates more.

My two cents.

ddxcb

ddxcb

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
I completely disagree, the BR was the most balanced. It was a well rounded mid/long range weapon.
No offense but like 8/10 of people who complain about the BR being overpowered were low ranks.

Reach was dumbed down even more because the majority of players were people complaining.

MLG, however was the definition of skill in H3. Lower shields and more damage forced you to pick your shots carefully, radar off makes you rely on your teammates more.

My two cents.
Till the lag and BS respawning camp sh*t, besides thoes two it takes skill xD

AvengedSevnfold

AvengedSevnfold

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$

My two cents.
I loved the BR, but I know when it's better to use a different gun. The BR is a decent assault weapon, but when storming enclosed areas the AR is the best. Yes you can be good at Halo without being good with the BR, you just have to know how to counter it. How was Reach dumbed down exactly? take the basic thought of the BR, take the single shot feature from Halo 2 Beta and mix the two? Seems to me like more for noobs to complain about. The Blooming reticule also adds more difficulty to the game.

J

J8S

Reaction score
Sin$
I loved the BR, but I know when it's better to use a different gun. The BR is a decent assault weapon, but when storming enclosed areas the AR is the best. Yes you can be good at Halo without being good with the BR, you just have to know how to counter it. How was Reach dumbed down exactly? take the basic thought of the BR, take the single shot feature from Halo 2 Beta and mix the two? Seems to me like more for noobs to complain about. The Blooming reticule also adds more difficulty to the game.

You have to admit the dmr bloomed to much making the pistole a better weapon.

Marino HD

Marino HD

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$

Trust me, I know how to play the game.
I know when it's right to use another gun. I have played very much Halo.

and in my honest opinion, you cannot be good without being decent with a BR. A good BR player will own almost any other player with almost any other weapon unless the obvious happens.
aka, Rocket launcher, someone gets the jump on someone, etc.

Opinions against opinions, no one is going to win there.

The problem with the DMR is that it's too weak, I'm not complaining about the bloom of the reticule. The pistol is stronger, I see a problem with that.

iTz Neighbor

iTz Neighbor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I seriously hope that Reach doesn't go to MLG. I thought the beta was terrible and it doesn't show the same skill distribution as Halo 2/3. In Reach, the better player doesn't always win. IMO, Halo 3 is going to stay at the top, regardless if Reach makes it or not.

TheColeProtocol

TheColeProtocol

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Halo: Reach will be supported by MLG.

In the past there have been changes from Halo 1, 2 and 3. Of course not everyone likes change. Some players will like it, some players won't. Some pros will stop competing and new pros will enter the circuit. Its just history repeating itself.

We'll all miss the BR dearly I'm sure.

J

J8S

Reaction score
Sin$
The top game in mlg is usualy the game everyone is playing and requires skill. So i think reach will make it

iLegend

iLegend

Asian Hunny Enthusiast
Retired
Experienced Veteran MotM Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
@Avenged

I completely disagree.
MLG is what makes Halo competitive.

Without radars, you have to be aware.
You have to be tactical, without the spraying of an AR.

AvengedSevnfold

AvengedSevnfold

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
@Avenged

I completely disagree.
MLG is what makes Halo competitive.

Without radars, you have to be aware.
You have to be tactical, without the spraying of an AR.
I'm not sure about you, but no matter what situation I'm in I want to have the advantage. Motion tracker adds advantage, as does AR in close combat situations (no greater distance than the width of Gold lift in Construct) It's a game after all, it doesn't even really matter

Top Bottom
Login
Register