What's new

Solved Halo Reach is now backwards compatible, but...

T

Tfsfan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes it's true I loaded up Reach on the One only to find the audio clipping to be so bad I actually had to mute my tv, anyone else dealing with this? There should be a patch for this already, seriously it's ear r*** levels of bad.

Ruttedbeez

Ruttedbeez

Enthusiast
10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
Didn't notice issues with sound. Did however notice framerate being pretty bad. Making it extremely hard to play.

Sallos

Sallos

Stickied Mythical Veteran Bug Finder
Reaction score
Sin$
I tried to play a few games in firefight and the frames got pretty bad as well. I really hope they do something to fix it but I don't think they will since Halo 5 is out and that's their main focus at the moment.

Lt Boso

Lt Boso

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
There are people unhappy about the quality of the gameplay on the Xbox One version. There were people unhappy that it hadn't yet been made backwards compatible. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I'm happy they finally added it to the list. I had been waiting a long time. I think if anyone wants "perfect" quality, they could simply play it on the 360.

T

Tfsfan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
There are people unhappy about the quality of the gameplay on the Xbox One version. There were people unhappy that it hadn't yet been made backwards compatible. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I'm happy they finally added it to the list. I had been waiting a long time. I think if anyone wants "perfect" quality, they could simply play it on the 360.

Actually I'm rather happy with it, it seems as though the audio mainly affects menus only.

BitTorrent

BitTorrent

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes it's true I loaded up Reach on the One only to find the audio clipping to be so bad I actually had to mute my tv, anyone else dealing with this? There should be a patch for this already, seriously it's ear **** levels of bad.
The game seems to run at 15-30 fps and is choppy af for me. Gotta love Microsoft.

Cynder

Cynder

Local Weird Guy
AzzidReign Jr Mythical Veteran Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I have no issues with the audio but it does suffer from low fps, it feels like im moving way slower then i should

T

Tfsfan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have no issues with the audio but it does suffer from low fps, it feels like im moving way slower then i should

That's because Reach doesn't have 60 fps, even the backwards compatible or "emulated" Reach isn't 6o fps so you are moving slower than you are used to.

Sallos

Sallos

Stickied Mythical Veteran Bug Finder
Reaction score
Sin$
I really hate bumping dead threads but they released an update for Reach not too long ago. I'm legitimately surprised that they actually updated Halo Reach, since their main focus is on Halo 5. :eek:
They also updated several other games as well.

T

Tfsfan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I really hate bumping dead threads but they released an update for Reach not too long ago. I'm legitimately surprised that they actually updated Halo Reach, since their main focus is on Halo 5. :eek:
They also updated several other games as well.

That's because 343i knows that Halo 5 is good and the most recent Halo game, but Reach still dominates the community. BTW I love Reach, Halo 5 is growing on me more and more as they continue to fix it, so I guess that's good.

Viitri

Viitri

Dank Memes
10th Anniversary Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't have Halo Reach yet, but my friend has been ranting about low FPS every time he plays the game. Maybe it will be optimized so he'll shut up.

T

Tfsfan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't have Halo Reach yet, but my friend has been ranting about low FPS every time he plays the game. Maybe it will be optimized so he'll shut up.

Reach runs at a lower FPS because it isn't a remake on the one, it's backwards compatible, therefore it runs at the original FPS your friend has just been playing the One so often that he can't handle anything lower than 60 FPS.

smelly02

smelly02

Xbox Forever
Reaction score
Sin$
Seems debatable, lots of people are up in the air with this one. Remember, you are still playing a 5 year old game, though in my opinion, it should work the same like 360 or better than it. Mircosoft probably destroyed another project as they are rushing to get these games out for their backward compatibility project. They already delayed blops 1, so don't have high expectations.

hallda12

hallda12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I find the frame rate is bad on every BWC game. I cant really see it improving either. Only so much you can do with an Emulation.

Top Bottom
Login
Register