• Thread starter Variable
  • Start date
  • Views 2,781
Variable

Variable

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I was thinking that somewhere must be the code for the jetpacks strength(how fast it accelerates you in the air) and volume(how long it can go for) so can we just change those values and go online and it should work? Or are they hidden? And is their a security check before you begin matchmaking to correct a mod like the one stated above? Just some thoughts.... Oh and i havent played the beta but trust me ive watched tons of videos while refeshing for 48 hours straight on twitter :biggrin:

Edit: Downloaded Beta Today its great like it alot. Got a lot of homework to do tonight so I cant play much but Call Me Alexx found the Jetpack Mod yesterday. Give him +rep for the hard work he put into it!!

Tutorial For Modded Jetpack:
By: Call Me Alexx

Video:

Download my eqip plugin;

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=4FqqGw06 (Right Click-Save As Eqip.asc)

put in Ascension's plugin folder.

Open the jetpack under eqip in Ascension.

//Unlimited Jatpack
Timer Degrade per Second: 1
Decharge Speed: 0

//Make it boost harder
Go to Jetpack Sub Item

Change Vertical Force to: w/e you like
Falling Velocity Defuse: atleast 10

Sidewinder

Yankees09Champs

Where is the Halo 2 section?
Fabled Veteran Forum Addict Chatty Kathy
Reaction score
Sin$
It would end up being a .map mod. .map mods can't be played on live. Jtags get banned when going on live.

Waste of a kv, pretty much.

Offline however, could be possible.

Variable

Variable

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It would end up being a .map mod. .map mods can't be played on live. Jtags get banned when going on live.

Waste of a kv, pretty much.

Offline however, could be possible.

They cant go online because of the .map file is larger than what its supposed to be or something? I dont get how they can check. Ive never modded halo 1 2 or 3 so i have no idea what .map modding is. Just modded Modern Warfare so im new and all. haha not to be a noob but whats it called when you shoot out like warthogs out of your AR? that would be amazing to do in the beta

ddxcb

ddxcb

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
bungie has a checksum u fail it no go + every1 needs to have the map to play with each other.

Variable

Variable

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
bungie has a checksum u fail it no go + every1 needs to have the map to play with each other.

Oh okay thanks for the info. That makes sense. Wonder if we can ever get Jtag's online with modified .map files then...

tfrasc

tfrasc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well people say itll never happen. But thats what they said about .map mods for H3. They said only devkits. But look we found a way. So u never really know. But i think most people on this site agree with me when i say that cheating mods are stupid. They get really old and not true modding to most people. We like to do real mods.
But anyways yeah probaly not gunna happen. Sorry

Variable

Variable

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well people say itll never happen. But thats what they said about .map mods for H3. They said only devkits. But look we found a way. So u never really know. But i think most people on this site agree with me when i say that cheating mods are stupid. They get really old and not true modding to most people. We like to do real mods.
But anyways yeah probaly not gunna happen. Sorry

Can you explain what a "real" mod is? I'm curious. This wasnt intended for a cheat mod its just a test if we can modify the attributes of the jetpack...?

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
This is how it goes.

Checksum on your map
Checksum on everyone's map
If they do not match then the game does not start.

Now If you get your checksum to return the correct value. Then the game recognizes you as having a stock file and will load. If you were to get the checksum to return the correct value the other people DO NOT have to have the same map as you.

Oh okay thanks for the info. That makes sense. Wonder if we can ever get Jtag's online with modified .map files then...
Nope. No one wants a repeat of Halo 2.

T

Thilo

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
I think he has done that.

But as all have stated, the engine doesn't load if people don't have the same map.

Xerax

Xerax

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Download my eqip plugin;

//Unlimited Jatpack

//Make it boost harder
Go to Jetpack Sub Item

S

SmexyPenguin18

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Download my eqip plugin;

//Unlimited Jatpack

//Make it boost harder
Go to Jetpack Sub Item

EDIT:
To the Idiots talking about checksums, No. Unknown worked out how to view tag id's not make it work online. Idiots.
I did what you said, but I keep getting "plugin not found for class "eqip."" I'm sure I named it correctly and it's still doing this.

I'm now getting that error for everything. Wtf did I do?
Never mind

Variable

Variable

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Download my eqip plugin;

//Unlimited Jatpack

//Make it boost harder
Go to Jetpack Sub Item

EDIT:
To the Idiots talking about checksums, No. Unknown worked out how to view tag id's not make it work online. Idiots.

Beautiful. Working Jetpack Mods! +Rep

Top Bottom
Login
Register