• Thread starter boxmodder
  • Start date
  • Views 8,275
boxmodder

boxmodder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I sold my Xbone but I was wondering what people think about mods for the system. anyone think halo 5 will eventually get modded or has m$ made console modding a thing of the past?

Viitri

Viitri

Dank Memes
10th Anniversary Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
There will be an exploit at some point, but I'd say nowhere close from now.

XeClutch

XeClutch

Raised on 7S
Mythical Veteran Programmer Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
It's going to be a good while before Halo 5 is touched. Here's a little list of what needs to be done before we can hack any games on Xbox One.
  1. Jailbreak exploit needs to be found and created (unlike the Xbox 360 the Xbox One is sure to have call jailing implemented into the OS but this is just speculation).
  2. System exploit needs to be found and created to run unsigned code.
  3. Research will need to be done on Xbox One executables so we can disassemble them in tools like IDA.
  4. System exploit needs to be found and created to allow memory editing in user land (or so games are run in kernel mode).
Hacking the Xbox One isn't going to be easy. Everything is possible but a lot of work is going to have to be made before we have modded consoles again (if at all, the hack may very well be kept private). Realistically we'll most likely see some form of emulation before we see a major hack. There have already been a few people to run the Durango alpha in a VM on Windows.

Cakes

Cakes

お前はもう死んでいる
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Platinum Record End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
It's going to be a good while before Halo 5 is touched. Here's a little list of what needs to be done before we can hack any games on Xbox One.
  1. Jailbreak exploit needs to be found and created (unlike the Xbox 360 the Xbox One is sure to have call jailing implemented into the OS but this is just speculation).
  3. Research will need to be done on Xbox One executables so we can disassemble them in tools like IDA.
  4. System exploit needs to be found and created to allow memory editing in user land (or so games are run in kernel mode).
Hacking the Xbox One isn't going to be easy. Everything is possible but a lot of work is going to have to be made before we have modded consoles again (if at all, the hack may very well be kept private). Realistically we'll most likely see some form of emulation before we see a major hack. There have already been a few people to run the Durango alpha in a VM on Windows.
It'll be interesting to see how Microsoft responds when something comes up above ground. I'd imagine most exploits, software-wise, would be patchable in the scope of things.

A

astroskillz14

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
going to comment on your post. it's already been done by me and 7 others. we are worrying about other more important stuff than modding games right now.

A

astroskillz14

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
sorry might want to rephrase this. we are worrying about more important things than modding games that we won't profit from.

XeClutch

XeClutch

Raised on 7S
Reaction score
Sin$
going to comment on your post. it's already been done by me and 7 others. we are worrying about other more important stuff than modding games right now.
Are you talking about the major console exploits or running Durango in a VM?

A

astroskillz14

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Are you talking about the major console exploits or running Durango in a VM?
talking modded console full blown. to the point where you can get free game downloads from 360 and x1. where you can transfer game files from your computer to your xbox. where you can simply generate codes for anything you want and make it untraceable. where you can download pre alpha games that aren't even released to the public for alpha testing where it's still in company.

XeClutch

XeClutch

Raised on 7S
Reaction score
Sin$
talking modded console full blown. to the point where you can get free game downloads from 360 and x1. where you can transfer game files from your computer to your xbox. where you can simply generate codes for anything you want and make it untraceable. where you can download pre alpha games that aren't even released to the public for alpha testing where it's still in company.
Those are some pretty big claims and judging by your past post history I'd say you're lying but hey, free country.
pics or it didn't happen

A

astroskillz14

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Those are some pretty big claims and judging by your past post history I'd say you're lying but hey, free country.
pics or it didn't happen
and just saying and i'll tell you the same thing i've told moderators and other people that don't believe it. i will NOT show you proof of what we can do because once you see that it's real and it can be done people will figure out how to do it. if i tell you something about what you're doing you need to listen and not think i'm talking out of my a**. with modding an x1 if you screw the smallest thing up your console is getting banned and you have to start all over. go ask that chr0me idiot who thought he knew what he was doing and got his console banned.

XeClutch

XeClutch

Raised on 7S
Reaction score
Sin$
i mean that's perfect fine if you don't want to believe it or don't think it can be done. all i'm saying is look at some of the biggest games leaderboards for levels, score and stats in general and tell me if you think they're legit. i'm sorry but 1.5b score within 7 days is not legit. the highest level within 7 days might be legit depending on the game and if double exp was out or not. how do you think the modded lobby that we were doing for cod bo3 on x1 happened and notice how it's no where to be found now?
There are many ways to get those kind of stats on BO3 buddy, you don't have to mod your console to get that done. Secondly, you're also saying that you have your modded console online? Yeah, right and I've figured out a way to make pork kosher.
and just saying and i'll tell you the same thing i've told moderators and other people that don't believe it. i will NOT show you proof of what we can do because once you see that it's real and it can be done people will figure out how to do it. if i tell you something about what you're doing you need to listen and not think i'm talking out of my a**. with modding an x1 if you screw the smallest thing up your console is getting banned and you have to start all over. go ask that chr0me idiot who thought he knew what he was doing and got his console banned.
If you're not going to bother showing proof of "what you can do" then stop boasting about it on the forums. Also, if you think that showing a picture of your Xbox One running homebrew will get people to mod the console you're wrong. People have been researching the console since day 1. Research isn't going to get caught in high gear once a picture of what people already know is possible is posted on the internet.

PS: Care to explain how you managed to hack an Xbox One yet you don't know how to mod a mobile game? (this has me especially curious since the Xbox One and Windows Phone were based on the same OS)
c70652405c.png

A

astroskillz14

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
There are many ways to get those kind of stats on BO3 buddy, you don't have to mod your console to get that done. Secondly, you're also saying that you have your modded console online? Yeah, right and I've figured out a way to make pork kosher.

If you're not going to bother showing proof of "what you can do" then stop boasting about it on the forums. Also, if you think that showing a picture of your Xbox One running homebrew will get people to mod the console you're wrong. People have been researching the console since day 1. Research isn't going to get caught in high gear once a picture of what people already know is possible is posted on the internet.

PS: Care to explain how you managed to hack an Xbox One yet you don't know how to mod a mobile game? (this has me especially curious since the Xbox One and Windows Phone were based on the same OS)
c70652405c.png
see that's where you're completely off topic. xbox 1 doesn't need homebrew to be modded bud. homebrew allows you to get access to pre alpha games that's it. it won't allow you to do anything more besides stupid crap that's not going to make anything out of it. and another fyi bud consoles bought online at amazon, ebay etc run on linux because those are the devkits which are the only ones that do not need home brew on it and can actually do worthwhile things. so yeah i'm not going to know how to mod a game on windows phones because the x1 does not run on windows for my console bud. learn what you're talking about.

Hulk

Hulk

️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️
Administrator
Trifecta Odysseus' Summit MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
XeClutch XeClutch and A astroskillz14
Lets keep the discussion civil. If the flaming and arguing continues then both of you guys will receive flaming infraction.

Tsubasa

Tsubasa

Lurker
Reaction score
Sin$
Somewhere, down the line I eventually believe the Xbox One will have a exploit released for it.

It may be soon, and it may even be forever we'll never know sadly.

Professional

Professional

Admin
Administrator
Hidden Devils
Programmer Bug Finder Supreme Bounty Hunter
Reaction score
Sin$
I have ultra white in halo 5 on my Xbox One lol
1df08ab9983765dc71c7c43c76ff5f34.png

Top Bottom
Login