What's new

Solved Halo 5 Gold Pack Change?

T

Tfsfan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay so I've opened 2 gold packs today and something weird happened, both of them gave me 3 permanent unlocks instead of 2, is this a permanent change to Gold Packs, or just a limited time deal?

Extinct

Extinct

絶滅
Super Moderators
Content Team
Bug Finder Frame In Gold Glitcher
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay so I've opened 2 gold packs today and something weird happened, both of them gave me 3 permanent unlocks instead of 2, is this a permanent change to Gold Packs, or just a limited time deal?
I hope it's permanent but it's probably just a limited time or a glitch.

Upvote 0
T

Tfsfan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I hope it's permanent but it's probably just a limited time or a glitch.

Actually I just checked the change log around 7pm my time, so about 7 hours ago, and it said that they changed gold and silver packs to have 2 permanent unlocks where the first 2 slots will NEVER give an emblem, whereas the third slot will only give an emblem as a permanent unlock and if there are no unlockable emblems left, it will give you a rare one time use Req weapon. Finally something Really really, REALLY good in Halo 5 that was actually needed, perhaps, just perhaps there is hope for 343i after all.

Upvote 0
Extinct

Extinct

絶滅
Super Moderators
Content Team
Bug Finder Frame In Gold Glitcher
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Actually I just checked the change log around 7pm my time, so about 7 hours ago, and it said that they changed gold and silver packs to have 2 permanent unlocks where the first 2 slots will NEVER give an emblem, whereas the third slot will only give an emblem as a permanent unlock and if there are no unlockable emblems left, it will give you a rare one time use Req weapon. Finally something Really really, REALLY good in Halo 5 that was actually needed, perhaps, just perhaps there is hope for 343i after all.
Well that actually sounds like a good update. Although req packs still aren't the best idea...

Upvote 0
criminal akademiks

criminal akademiks

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

Man that's great news. I might get back into grinding the game for those packs .

Upvote 0
T

Tfsfan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Man that's great news. I might get back into grinding the game for those packs .

Yeah, my recommendation is 2 gold packs and 1 silver pack a day, if you can do more, do more, if not, don't burn yourself out. I think, despite the Microtransactions, this is definately a better req pack system than we had at launch, also I'm interested in seeing what 343i will surprise us with in Hog Wild, the forge textures in Memories of Reach was a pleasant if not unexpected surprise.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register