Halo 5 Gold Pack Change?

Discussion in 'Halo 5 Support' started by Tfsfan, May 12, 2016 with 6 replies and 550 views.

1. Tfsfan

Tfsfan Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Okay so I've opened 2 gold packs today and something weird happened, both of them gave me 3 permanent unlocks instead of 2, is this a permanent change to Gold Packs, or just a limited time deal?

2. 3xTiNcT

3xTiNcT Dead Staff

Ratings:
    I hope it's permanent but it's probably just a limited time or a glitch.

3. OP
    Tfsfan

Tfsfan Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Actually I just checked the change log around 7pm my time, so about 7 hours ago, and it said that they changed gold and silver packs to have 2 permanent unlocks where the first 2 slots will NEVER give an emblem, whereas the third slot will only give an emblem as a permanent unlock and if there are no unlockable emblems left, it will give you a rare one time use Req weapon. Finally something Really really, REALLY good in Halo 5 that was actually needed, perhaps, just perhaps there is hope for 343i after all.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. 3xTiNcT

3xTiNcT Dead Staff

Ratings:
    Well that actually sounds like a good update. Although req packs still aren't the best idea...

5. OP
    Tfsfan

Tfsfan Enthusiast

Ratings:
    True, and while I do hope Req packs don't make it to Halo 6, Halo 5 is certainly taking a turn for the better.

• Like Like x 1
  6. criminal akademiks

criminal akademiks Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Man that's great news. I might get back into grinding the game for those packs .

7. OP
    Tfsfan

Tfsfan Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Yeah, my recommendation is 2 gold packs and 1 silver pack a day, if you can do more, do more, if not, don't burn yourself out. I think, despite the Microtransactions, this is definately a better req pack system than we had at launch, also I'm interested in seeing what 343i will surprise us with in Hog Wild, the forge textures in Memories of Reach was a pleasant if not unexpected surprise.