• Start date
  • Views 4,570
eFrauny

eFrauny

Enthusiast
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey guys just wanna discuss some of my personal likes and dislikes with the beta so far.

• The game flows pretty well ( everything feels pretty stable)
  • Both maps in the beta are great. I really enjoy the symmetry between the power weapons
  • I love the placement of power weapons and you can tell they understand how important balance is
  • Hit detection is good and it doesn't lag that I've seen.

Dislikes:
  • Callouts from the AI are extremely unnecessary, it feels way to much like call of duty
  • The player abilities and movement feel way to much like Advanced Warfare... the air dash is IDENTICAL to AW exo dash.. not good
  • The awful "victory" screen is the spartans... high fiving each other... standing in Destiny-like stances. It feels childish and awkward. Cut it
  • The AI calls out when power weapons spawn.. thats nice for new players but thats really going to screw with the players that are competitive and know the times. I guess this is just more of a casual game
  • Speaking of casual games, it feels like a knock off of halo 4. I was really hoping they would make it more like H2 anniversary but nope...
  • The BR... what did they do to you my love... They ruined it. It shoots way to fast and the appearance... ugh why did they make it so ugly. CHANGE THE SCOPE.. i know they said they have attachments so i hope u can put on the classic scope.
  • All the armor abilities are bad... u can dash out of the way like ur in a titan on titan fall.
  • Weapons feel clunky... sniper zoom is weird and not very smooth
  • Assault rifle is waaaayyy to strong. It has good range which makes it a better choice over the BR and DMR since the maps are small
  • Also, the ranking system is back to SR... XP levels you up :frown:
My first impression score as of 12 / 20 / 14 ---- 3 / 10
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Ok everyone, after playing for about a week.. I've kinda changed my opinion a little. They have recently updated it with some new maps and BR starts. The new game mode ( Breakout) is like a Search and Destroy mode which just feels weird in a halo game.

My opinion on the BR starts is that the game flows much better... I'm not spawning and running around looking for a BR / DMR which to me makes the game more competitive. I have certainly had more fun with the game since it was changed to BR's. I still believe the AR and SMG are still too overpowered at distance. I should not be melted in a second when i have a BR and he has an SMG at medium-long range. The AR needs more a bullet spread so that its not like a beam gun.

The maps are great so far! I really like the looks of the map even though the color choices aren't that great. I hope they continue with the small, balanced maps so that competitive players can have 7-10 maps they can play on ( not 3 like H2Anniv. ) Variety is key when it comes to being bored of a game.

After using the spartan abilities I'm enjoying them more now that i know how to use them. I really like the Dash and mantle ability which adds a new dynamic to the game.

Overall: My second impression after playing for about 3 hours every night for a total of about 20-25 hours i honestly like this game.. maybe not as a Halo game but i do feel like they stayed true to the arena style combat and it has a CHANCE... and a small chance of becoming a competitive (MLG - like ) game. Looking forward to the release.

My beta score as of 1 / 3 / 15 -- 7 / 10

Let me know your likes/dislikes so far.

Last edited:
Xtro

Xtro

Seasoned Member
10th Anniversary Legendary Veteran Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Idc what anybody says i like it its a change and things need change or they wont last i see no problems with it its simply perfect to me

Last edited:
eFrauny

eFrauny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Idc what anybody says i like it its a change i see no problems with it its simplu perfect to me
Whats your favorite halo? My favorite was halo 3 because it was very simple and no complex abilities and strategies... just skill based gun play.. thats all changed and I'm not a fan. I can see why some people like it, nothing against that.

19XX

19XX

Modder Hardened Veteran Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Halo2 will forever be the greatest Halo.

HALO2 2005-2007 was that fire!

You would THINK 343 would take notes from H2 and H2A and follow in that path a little. H2A was surprisingly done pretty well. I think they should have stuck with that style and let CoD be CoD and Halo be Halo. Stop mixing them and ****.

eFrauny

eFrauny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Halo2 will forever be the greatest Halo.

HALO2 2005-2007 was that fire!

You would THINK 343 would take notes from H2 and H2A and follow in that path a little. H2A was surprisingly done pretty well. I think they should have stuck with that style and let CoD be CoD and Halo be Halo. Stop mixing them and ****.
I couldn't agree more man... why is is that when something is good... people want to change it. I will never understand life... or 343's logic.

Xtro

Xtro

Seasoned Member
10th Anniversary Legendary Veteran Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Whats your favorite halo? My favorite was halo 3 because it was very simple and no complex abilities and strategies... just skill based gun play.. thats all changed and I'm not a fan. I can see why some people like it, nothing against that.
Yeah my favorite was 3 it was a all around amazing game and to me the best MP i dint get to play H2 online i didnt have live at that time but i was stoked when H3 came out i stay up day and night playing that haha i cant really say i have enjoyed MP in halo since then but im definetly liking what their doing in this one

NO GOD

NO GOD

Only Me
Reaction score
Sin$
Although halo 2 is still my favourite because of its simplicity, I'm actually really liking halo 5. It's nice to have certain abilities and differences from previous halo games. Hopefully they listen to the beta testers and tweak s few things and it could be s really good game. You can tell it's built to be fair and competitive.

Halo

Halo

AIDS for everyone
AzzidReign Jr Fabled Veteran Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Halo 3 is love ♥ hopefully I'll get into this beta and then I'll post my own opinion on it. Thanks for this post OP, I +1'd your thread.
Hey guys just wanna discuss some of my personal likes and dislikes with the beta so far.

• The game flows pretty well ( everything feels pretty stable)
  • Both maps in the beta are great. I really enjoy the symmetry between the power weapons
  • I love the placement of power weapons and you can tell they understand how important balance is
  • Hit detection is good and it doesn't lag that I've seen.

Dislikes:
  • Callouts from the AI are extremely unnecessary, it feels way to much like call of duty
  • The player abilities and movement feel way to much like Advanced Warfare... the air dash is IDENTICAL to AW exo dash.. not good
  • The awful "victory" screen is the spartans... high fiving each other... standing in Destiny-like stances. It feels childish and awkward. Cut it
  • The AI calls out when power weapons spawn.. thats nice for new players but thats really going to screw with the players that are competitive and know the times. I guess this is just more of a casual game
  • Speaking of casual games, it feels like a knock off of halo 4. I was really hoping they would make it more like H2 anniversary but nope...
  • The BR... what did they do to you my love... They ruined it. It shoots way to fast and the appearance... ugh why did they make it so ugly. CHANGE THE SCOPE.. i know they said they have attachments so i hope u can put on the classic scope.
  • All the armor abilities are bad... u can dash out of the way like ur in a titan on titan fall.
  • Weapons feel clunky... sniper zoom is weird and not very smooth
  • Assault rifle is waaaayyy to strong. It has good range which makes it a better choice over the BR and DMR since the maps are small
OVERALL: I see this as another flash in the pan.. another Halo 4 dud. It looks like MCC will rule for another year (if they fix it, that is.)
Let me know your likes/dislikes so far.

Justin

Justin

#mmNation
End of the Year 2012 End of the Year 2014 Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I could tell this game wouldn't feel like Halo through many of the videos. Don't need to play it.

xIce101x

xIce101x

H2 Legend
Experienced Veteran Frame In Gold AzzidReign Jr
Reaction score
Sin$
I actually enjoy this game, and that's coming from someone who hated Reach and H4. It's got a completely different feel to it but it's surprisingly good.

Claws

Claws

Skepta <3
Retired
Lifetime
Journalist Nevar gon' happen in your lifetime Stickied
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I probably won't even bother getting it. If i wanted to play a game like cod, I'd just play cod.

xIce101x

xIce101x

H2 Legend
Reaction score
Sin$
I probably won't even bother getting it. If i wanted to play a game like cod, I'd just play cod.
It's really not like CoD at all. Only thing similar is the thrust and the scope. Its more like H4 if anything. It plays like Halo plays. Control the map and power weapons and you'll win.

Claws

Claws

Skepta <3
Retired
Lifetime
Journalist Nevar gon' happen in your lifetime Stickied
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
It's really not like CoD at all. Only thing similar is the thrust and the scope. Its more like H4 if anything. It plays like Halo plays. Control the map and power weapons and you'll win.
It looks graphically like halo, but the core game features looks exactly like cod imo.

xIce101x

xIce101x

H2 Legend
Reaction score
Sin$
I'll see if I can get the beta, but I don't think I'll like it :tongue:
It plays like Halo. Much more fast paced but still has the Halo feel. I was skeptical after watching videos but after playing it I can say I'm enjoying it. I hated Reach and H4 and played H2 PC up until the day MCC came out, but this game is how H4 should've been IMO. Hopefully you get a code because it's a fun experience.

Prodixgy

Prodixgy

CaN I HaZ fLAmEzZz
Reaction score
Sin$
I hate the fact that there is no more crouch jumping, which make it harder to get to spots(climbing on ledges isnt all that great) and the AR is way to OP. I find myself dying by less shots of the AR then the BR or DMR. I also hate how if you jump in the air and zoom in you stay floating, I think it makes you an easier target and i like zooming in and jumping to shoot at midrange to long range targets and now i cant, Personally i think 343 should make halo 5 based off of halo 2 and 3 cause those were the best.

Spooze

Spooze

Xbox Achievement Whore
Retired
Mythical Veteran Fabled Veteran Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
I really enjoy Halo 5. There are some issues, such as the AR is kinda OP. Some things I have to get used to as well, such as your shield won't recharge while sprinting, but it's for balancing purposes so I'm okay with it. The SMG is also great, but only up close, which makes sense. The AR is supposed to be a mid range weapon, and it out shoots BRs and DMRs at mid range, which also makes sense but it's kind of annoying.

There seems to be no shotgun on Truth, which is the Midship remake, so that's kinda lame as well.

All in all, I love the game and can't wait for it. It's different, but that's what makes it fun. It's casual but also competitive.
Definitely waaaaaaay better than Halo 4.

Top Bottom
Login
Register