• Views 1,317
FlamingRabbit

FlamingRabbit

'08er
Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
That's right. Halo 5's new gamemode Warzone will feature microtransactions, as well as Halo: Online's competitive multiplayer.

Halo: Online featuring microtrasactions is unexpected and old news, but I'm very disappointed that Halo 5 will feature microtrasactions. Sure, it is only for one gamemode, but it's sad how Halo has reduced to another pay-to-win game. I knew I wasn't going to buy Halo 5, but this is upsetting to see.

On the plus side, DLC will be free in Halo 5.

Sources: Halo Waypoint displays the items you can buy in Halo 5 and this source is for Halo: Online. DLC source.

T

Tfsfan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Pretty sure these "microstransactions" you are fearing are very miniscule, it has been stated that skilled players get these items for being good at the game instead of paying for them, i.e. practice = free gear, sounds like a good excuse to get good at matchmaking to me. Plus n00bs will have to pay for the gear, meaning they probably won't be able to utilize it as well as skilled players will. Another thing I've heard is Warzone is the only thing in Halo 5 that will have these items/microtransactions, but then again all DLC is free, 343i's gotta make money somehow.

EDIT: In the past I've ripped on 343 alot for their blunders, but after playing the Halo 5 beta I felt something I've not felt in a long time, a Halo game I'm actually looking forward too. Something that makes me think "effort, honest to god effort!" Yes, 343i will probably f*** up a good portion of the game in some way, but remember, matchmaking and campaign are 2 out of 4 things modern Halo is about, there's also customs and forge to look forward to.

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
reduced to another pay-to-win game. I knew I wasn't going to buy Halo 5, but this is upsetting to see.
I'm mostly apathetic to it considering I'm now on PS4. I will admit though, it is kind of strange to see this sort of change.
Pretty sure these "microstransactions" you are fearing are very miniscule, it has been stated that skilled players get these items for being good at the game instead of paying for them, i.e. practice = free gear,
You have a good point here. It is basically like how Battlefield features shortcuts that can be bought. Players can get everything normally or pay to get ahead.

B

bananaswag

rip
Reaction score
Sin$
You have a good point here. It is basically like how Battlefield features shortcuts that can be bought. Players can get everything normally or pay to get ahead.
But Halo was never about unlocking weapons. The thing that made it such an even playing ground was everyone starting with the same items, not everyone having a different weapon.

T

Tfsfan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well the Microtransactions in question could most likely be Spartan Points like in Halo 4 that were gained through leveling up, or like Credits in Halo Reach. Besides, what could 343i possibly use microtransactions for anyway? I think this whole thing will fizzle out into nothing upon the games release. 343i has done many ****** things in the past, but unlike EA games, 343i does have a tendency to listen to their customers, microtransactions may be removed last minute if necessary.

Sto 2 da b

Sto 2 da b

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The microtransactions are simply just cosmetic in the actual arena gameplay of the game. The only thing they will actually effect will be Warzone in means of gameplay wise (boosts to your energy and other things) . None of it will effect the competitive side of it that most people are in it for. So I don't see a problem with it at all.

In case you want to read more about it, here is the link to exactly what they are:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/more-info-req-packs-in-halo-5-guardians

T

Tfsfan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The microtransactions are simply just cosmetic in the actual arena gameplay of the game. The only thing they will actually effect will be Warzone in means of gameplay wise (boosts to your energy and other things) . None of it will effect the competitive side of it that most people are in it for. So I don't see a problem with it at all.

In case you want to read more about it, here is the link to exactly what they are:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/more-info-req-packs-in-halo-5-guardians

I agree with you, my friend in under the assumption that these "microtransactions" are for every aspect of the game, and I told him that it will most likely be for warzone AND that it most likely won't be necessary to play warzone, man I can't wait to rub this in his face.

Sto 2 da b

Sto 2 da b

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I agree with you, my friend in under the assumption that these "microtransactions" are for every aspect of the game, and I told him that it will most likely be for warzone AND that it most likely won't be necessary to play warzone, man I can't wait to rub this in his face.

If you want to see what they are:

Literally just using packs to either get loadouts, weapons or vehicles in Warzone if you have the required energy or REQ level which must be earned in that games anyways through gameplay. They mean nothing really.

T

Tfsfan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If you want to see what they are:

Literally just using packs to either get loadouts, weapons or vehicles in Warzone if you have the required energy or REQ level which must be earned in that games anyways through gameplay. They mean nothing really.

So then the microtransactions aren't pay to win? Right? That means people are freaking out over nothing.

Sto 2 da b

Sto 2 da b

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So then the microtransactions aren't pay to win? Right? That means people are freaking out over nothing.

Pretty much. Maybe gives you a slight advantage in Warzone, but in Arena gameplay it means nothing. And the slight advantage would be that after getting like 5 kills you could start with like a sword instead of an AR. Literally nothing.

T

Tfsfan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Pretty much. Maybe gives you a slight advantage in Warzone, but in Arena gameplay it means nothing. And the slight advantage would be that after getting like 5 kills you could start with like a sword instead of an AR. Literally nothing.

Well I plan on playing A LOT of Warzone so it might be useful to me.

Sto 2 da b

Sto 2 da b

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well I plan on playing A LOT of Warzone so it might be useful to me.

Good thing is they also announced that all pre-order material can be unlocked via playing. That means this game gives 100% free dlc and pre-order items. Making such a great game so far. From the beta I could tell they were on track with it because even the games went well when connecting and playing. I am honestly excited and I hated Halo 4 multiplayer. Maybe I should thank Strongside for helping haha.

T

Tfsfan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Good thing is they also announced that all pre-order material can be unlocked via playing. That means this game gives 100% free dlc and pre-order items. Making such a great game so far. From the beta I could tell they were on track with it because even the games went well when connecting and playing. I am honestly excited and I hated Halo 4 multiplayer. Maybe I should thank Strongside for helping haha.

Whoa whoa whoa hold on! We get pre-order DLC for free just by playing and leveling up? I know commendations is also a thing too but this is by far the smartest and coolest 343i has ever done, they seem to be redeeming themselves, all depends on launch though am I right? Also I unlocked a visor during the Beta, will I have it on the full game too?

LegendaryLSD

LegendaryLSD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
That's right. Halo 5's new gamemode Warzone will feature microtransactions, as well as Halo: Online's competitive multiplayer.

Halo: Online featuring microtrasactions is unexpected and old news, but I'm very disappointed that Halo 5 will feature microtrasactions. Sure, it is only for one gamemode, but it's sad how Halo has reduced to another pay-to-win game. I knew I wasn't going to buy Halo 5, but this is upsetting to see.

On the plus side, DLC will be free in Halo 5.

Sources: Halo Waypoint displays the items you can buy in Halo 5 and this source is for Halo: Online. DLC source.

Limited usage via REQ energy system.

Players who don't have time to level and get the REQ packs can still enjoy summoning a scorpion when their team reaches the respective REQ level. There's nothing to fear... everyone will have more REQ cards than we actually use in-game.

For frequent players who buy aficionado packs, lol... stacking 99 of each REQ isn't going to help them win, so no fear

Wavy

Wavy

Content Creator
Retired
Platinum Record Video Connoisseur Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
As long as it is not a "Pay 2 Win" concept, it's fine by me. So far all it is, is camos and whatnot.

T

Tfsfan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Whoa whoa whoa hold on! We get pre-order DLC for free just by playing and leveling up? I know commendations is also a thing too but this is by far the smartest and coolest 343i has ever done, they seem to be redeeming themselves, all depends on launch though am I right? Also I unlocked a visor during the Beta, will I have it on the full game too?

Well I'm not sure it's through leveling up, I made that post before I found out about Req packs, so yeah, may be a little outdated. HOWEVER! 343i did say that all armor INCLUDING pre-order DLC will be unlockable to everyone.

T

Tfsfan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It won't be pay to win. Plus DLC is free so that's good.

THANK YOU! Somebody who actually has a working brain, the thousands of people I've seen whining over these minimal at best micro transactions are the definition of stupid.

Red_Devil

Red_Devil

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
THANK YOU! Somebody who actually has a working brain, the thousands of people I've seen whining over these minimal at best micro transactions are the definition of stupid.
Well it doesn't bother or surprise me that people moan, I also don't like micro transactions. But it seems as though these are for players who like Halo but are not very good at it and often get frustrated all the time. Us decent to very good players will unlock these upgrade/packs etc just by playing normally... So I've heard anyway! :happy:

T

Tfsfan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well it doesn't bother or surprise me that people moan, I also don't like micro transactions. But it seems as though these are for players who like Halo but are not very good at it and often get frustrated all the time. Us decent to very good players will unlock these upgrade/packs etc just by playing normally... So I've heard anyway! :happy:

Yeah see these kind of MT's are ok by me cause it isn't pay to win/play.

Top Bottom
Login
Register