What's new

Discussion Halo 4, your view of this game, where does you opinion lie?

• Thread starter Lucien Lachance
  • Start date
  • Views 6,200

What is your rating for Halo 4?

• Total voters
Lucien Lachance

Lucien Lachance

Don't demand it, earn it.
Mr. Nice Guy Greeter Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
So after all the time the game has been out you've no doubt seen all the threads, posts, complaints, glitches, problems, compliments, patches, suggestions and any other feedback on this game. Here or on other sites the Halo community is voicing their opinions and views for the world to see. I want to know what is your view and where do you stand on Halo 4?

I personally enjoy Halo 4 to a degree, I believe the game could have been better, that 343i should have listened to their fan base more and avoided trying to make change to most of the things loyal Halo fans fell in love with. But I stay with the game knowing that while it isn't perfect 343i made a good game overall that has potential to improve later. In short I have NOT given up hope on this game, the company or any future release in the series. 3 stars from this gamer.

Stroth

Stroth

Jealousy Is Envy
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't love it but I don't hate it either. There are some things I do like about it but they also could have done better.

Parohdox

Parohdox

I Love the Illuminati
Reaction score
Sin$
It's a good game. There's some stuff that 343i could have done a little better but it's good enough for me to stay interested with it for a while.

robk001

robk001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I like it and threads complaining about it are a waste of time if you don't like it then don't complain about it.

V S V P

Terry I Crews

SKB #Loyalty
Reaction score
Sin$
I think it was a solid 8/10 game. I like what they did with multiplayer and all the customizations. I just don't like some of the maps, and mainly the fact that there is no action sack... :frown:

Lord Zedd

Lord Zedd

Seasoned Member
Modder Fabled Veteran Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
Only complaint I have is that 343 removed already-good security which resulted in all the kiddies being able to mod their stats and armor online. Disappointing.

Trust

Trust

Play to inspire, not to impress.
Seasoned Veteran Mr. Nice Guy Grammar Nazi
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
5-People have there opinions of the game I think its a pretty well done game.

DrDream

DrDream

Washed up Halo kid
Seasoned Veteran Chatty Kathy CotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Alright..well I think that 343, when they finished Campaign, just said "f*** it!" and just shipped it out with a half *** multiplayer.

1. There is no spawn system in Halo 4. You just spawn near teammates which could lead to another death depending on where they are.
  2. A lot of the "power" weapons are too easily obtainable. In Reach if you had a kid who didn't know where sniper was you didn't have to worry about them. Now in Halo 4 everyone knows where they are.
  3. Like 3 decent maps to play on? All of the rest of the maps are HUGE!
  4. Watered down killstreak system 343 likes to call "Ordinance".
  5. 343 Promised ranks like Halo 3's when they began discussing multiplayer with the community, where are those 1-50 ranks. Again, just thinly outlined of either Reach or CoD. Take your pic.
  6. Killcams? Really? lol, on top of that they're broken as f***. (Example: Person not pointing at you while shooting, or killcams not even appearing)
6 1/2: On top of killcams, an instant respawn system? Wow.

7: Literally 12 playlist on launch, 4 of which are again, either copied or thinly planned out as another gametype from another game. (Example: Regicide is the king one in GoW3, now with Team Regicide its exactly like it.)
7 1/2: Putting in great playlists like, Team Snipes and FFA Throwback and then instantly removing them. They both had great player rates.

And that concludes my rant on why I dislike Halo 4 profusely. If Halo 4 isn't tweaked to at least be a "decent" game I'm going to play CoD for the rest of my life because I know this is the end of competitive Halo, if they don't.​
~Dream​

Noob Saibot

M16A4 Knuckles

Thank me later.♠
Experienced Veteran Hardened Veteran Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
The reason i don't like this game is because of all the unnecessary changes.sure,some people think the same game would be boring,but just look at halo 2 and halo 3.Very identical,but very different at the same time,and these 2 are often considered the best 2 halo games. Every halo game that has tried to stray away from the halo 2 format has failed.

Another problem is 343's warped vision of the community and instead of making a halo game for everyone they are only focusing on casuals. Which is pointless because most of them left when black ops 2 came out.

Jack of Blades

Jack of Blades

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Campaign - 3 out of 5​
The story itself made me want to visit a local library and get a physical Halo book in my hands. My main complaint is that the Didact was a very bland type of character with no real deepness to him whatsoever.​
The ending was horrible and reminded me of a CoD style ending, rubbish. Overall it was short yet satisfying.​

Mulitiplayer - 3 out of 5
There are a few key elements that need to be addressed. These should be obvious and have been stated numerous times.

Spartan Ops - 1 out of anything higher than 4
Felt like a very watered down campaign with recycled maps reused over and over again. Also, I couldn't care less what happens to Crimson and had no emotional ties with them whatsoever. The constant blabbing between anyone besides the RvB easter eggs was just useless and annoying. I feel as though they could have scrapped this idea early on and replaced it with something more innovative.

Forge - 2 out of 5
They added magnets, and took away everything that Reach added to the series, and decided to keep the same color for every forge object.

Custom games - 3 out of 5
Custom games should have customization. Halo 4 lacks in this department. 'Nuff said.

They could have done much more with this game, as I foolishly expected.
Total: 12/25 48%
Grade: F

*This being said, I rated the game 4 stars because I keep putting it back into my disc tray for some odd reason...
review subject to change

amd42

amd42

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I gave it a 4/5. I thought the campaign was amazing and I find multiplayer to still be pretty fun too. Sure, I have my list of complaints (e.g. moddable armor and the lack of a Race gametype) but they aren't enough to hurt my experience at all. I'm pretty satisfied with the changes 343 made and at least won't be playing Reach's multiplayer anymore.

F

failman94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I like it and threads complaining about it are a waste of time if you don't like it then don't complain about it.

If only all people had this mentality I wouldn't need to make a full time job out of troll hunting on the halo waypoint forums. I really love Halo 4, just as I have loved every Halo since CE. However, I will admit it isn't perfect. 4 stars from this man. Patch some bugs and you might just see a 5.

F

failman94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I love how regardless of how many complainers there are, whenever a poll comes out it just proves them once again to be the extremely vocal minority. Obviously the games not perfect, no game is. But please lets stop the whining, complainers aren't the majority and regardless of how many times they deny it won't change the truth. People have heard the complaints, these things take time to fix and those who love the game don't neccessarily disagree..... however, a little patience, and a little silence would be very nice.

Lucien Lachance

Lucien Lachance

Don't demand it, earn it.
Mr. Nice Guy Greeter Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Jack of Blades Jack of Blades Love the detail explanation and I agree with a lot especially that also I keep playing more often than I want for a strange reason I don't know.

Cryptid

Cryptid

Stickied Grizzled Veteran Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
I think if they would've given the game about 6 more months of development, and an open beta, we would have seen a much, much more polished game. In its current state, the game feels just like a paid beta. Depending on what they do with the title update(s) though, I think we could end up seeing on of the best Halo games ever.

fat pat 666

fat pat 666

Lucifixture
MotM Jokester Greeter
Reaction score
Sin$
with all the random bugs. and issues it has. the game feels unfinished.
&
its too short.

Cosmic Owl

Cosmic Owl

Determination!
Content Team
VIP
MotM Stickied Journalist
Reaction score
Sin$
Halo 4 isn't a bad game. However, I feel that it isn't really close to being as good as some of the other Halo games. Similar how to Fable 3 is a good game by itself, but it isn't as good as the other two. In my opinion at least.

iPause

iPause

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I will be a true Halo fan and always will, the game obviously isn't perfect and the company hasn't ever made a game or taken on such a big franchise before. I'm going to give them a chance to come back and better on there future projects and hope that they will listen to what there fans say and not what Microsoft wants money for.
Personally, I love the game, it needs a few changes to it, but it really keeps me going. The campaign I loved, the ranking system isn't the best and is really similar to the progression system in COD. Custom games are fun and I enjoy them. All in all the game gets a 4/5 out of me, it needs a few more improvements but it's pretty amazing.

Top Bottom
Login
Register