What's new

Discussion Halo 4 online

O

Owl

Inhale, Exhale, Repeat.
Reaction score
Do you guys think it will ever get any better (population wise) it just seems like it was so highly anticipated and no one really plays it.

Halo 4 MM activity.

http://halocharts.com/2012/chart/totalpopulation/all

L

Lucien Lachance

Don't demand it, earn it.
Reaction score
I hope, but I don't care honestly. I play because I like the game and am a loyal Halo fan. I don't b**** and moan "oh fix this and fix that and add this and add that". Yeah I have my own beefs with the game and the way they are doing some things and true adding things like 1-50 will improve it, but seeing complaint after complaint I'm surprised 343i doesn't just say f*** it.

D

Diamond

Keep On Shining
Reaction score
Honestly, no, I don't see this game ever having an increase in population, unless there's some kind of promotion. As shameful as it is, CoD will always beat Halo (or any other game for that matter) every year just for the fact that anyone can do well in it and it's extremely addicting. It doesn't help that 343 catered Halo 4 to be more like Reach rather than Halo 3, either.

K

Keysnsamples

Stuff n Thangs
Retired
Reaction score
Probably not. Reach put a bad taste into a lot of people's mouths. Maybe around Xmas it will go up some. But the majority of casual gamers will just go play COD.

C

Cakes

お前はもう死んでいる
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
It got boring to me. Didn't really feel like i was accomplishing anything as i was playing.

F

Fruiiity

Smell That Sour Smoke?
Reaction score
I really enjoyed it at first then i hacked it and it got pretty boring, Honestly I think the best halo multiplayer was 3 just cause of sandbox and everybody went on there for fun. I think once everyone stop's worrying so much about leveling and just go's on there to have fun it will be better. Looking forward to modded maps hopefully some awesome forge stuff comes out soon already seen a couple awesome duck hunts maps.

T

TheBestKilleR

ChiKKen Swoup
Reaction score
it got repetitive really fast, unless they add more variety + skill-levels i don't think it'll increase.

L

Lucien Lachance

Reaction score
lol Apparently less than 1 month is the new attention span for gamers. >_<

M

matt 9999999999

Contributor
Reaction score
You just have to wait til christmas. When all fo the people get it for christmas. It also has to do with the draw of the new cod game. Another thing that f*****over the halo franchise was reach, and people were expecting another cr**** halo game instead they got this master peice(compared to reach). As I said above all you have to do is wait for christmas also for people to get tired of cod, I would say for most they can make until about march or april.

L

Lucien Lachance

Reaction score
You just have to wait til christmas. When all fo the people get it for christmas. It also has to do with the draw of the new cod game. Another thing that f*****over the halo franchise was reach, and people were expecting another cr**** halo game instead they got this master peice(compared to reach). As I said above all you have to do is wait for christmas also for people to get tired of cod, I would say for most they can make until about march or april.

Couldn't agree more, Reach is easily one of the biggest reasons Halo lost most hardcore and loyal fans. Not saying Reach didn't have SOME good things it just wasn't a good change from H3.

F

Fruiiity

Smell That Sour Smoke?
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more, Reach is easily one of the biggest reasons Halo lost most hardcore and loyal fans. Not saying Reach didn't have SOME good things it just wasn't a good change from H3.
Yeh they tried to turn reach into a Call of Duty Game they tried to make halo something it was not.

B

breadstick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1.) They need to update the BR. Honestly, they made it a b*tch gun in this game.
2.) Make a game type without DMR's.
3.) Add 1-50. Don't care if they use the Halo 2/3 system, except I heard Halo 2 was hard to rank up.
4.) Take out the f*cking shield, sprint, and that booster pack or whatever the hell it is.
5.) Make the game something you'd want to play for at least over 1500 games. Halo 3's 5 Star General's needed to WIN 5000+ games.

M

Paradigm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I liked Reach.
I like Halo 4.
I am the 1%.

A

AnonymousSyria

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's not much to do in Halo 4.. 25 Special Ops, 8 Campaign Missions hell that can be done in less than a week.. The 130 levels will be finished by a lot of people in less than a month, after they release all the specializations to everyone else however..

There aren't big goals in Halo 4.. Unlike Halo 3 how MLG was big, and everybody played it for the longest time.. Also it doesn't help that nobody has a mic in a game!

M

MoVeSs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
once visible ranks come out it will be a little more populated and the current players will play more. other than that its pretty sad =(

K

Keylan

Reaction score
Do you guys think it will ever get any better (population wise) it just seems like it was so highly anticipated and no one really plays it.

Halo 4 MM activity.

http://halocharts.com/2012/chart/totalpopulation/all
I love the lack of competence and intelligence in this forum (has always been that way). People replying A. No or B. "Only after the ranking system" are ignorant or just stupid. Try factoring in 70000+ users from reach and 10000+ plus users from Halo 3 into your assumptions. It is fairly easy to assume that 95% of the people playing reach are playing it due to an inability to purchase H4. It is safe to assume that 85% of Halo 3 players are playing it due to insufficient funds as well. After Christmas, I estimate there will be a spike of around 60000-100000 more players.

Informal side note: I realize that 100 dollars for some of us may seem like 5 dollars to most. However you have to realize that a big chunk of the population of North America cannot simply drop this kind of money on something for entertainment purposes only. Give it a thought or two.

S

Silva

I try.
Reaction score
I say once the kinks are worked out, smaller maps released with future map packs and the true skill system is released for ranking, then it will pick back up again.

H

Halo 4

Lovin' that H4?
Reaction score
I do believe it'll eventually increase. I'm not saying it'll have 500,000 people online at once but it will increase. It may take some time but it will get there.

D

Dylan800

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope, but I don't care honestly. I play because I like the game and am a loyal Halo fan. I don't b**** and moan "oh fix this and fix that and add this and add that". Yeah I have my own beefs with the game and the way they are doing some things and true adding things like 1-50 will improve it, but seeing complaint after complaint I'm surprised 343i doesn't just say **** it.
so u take all their failures like a b!tch? If the community doesnt speak up how will they ever build on there mistakes?

Top Bottom