Status
Not open for further replies.
punkskater2448

punkskater2448

Taking Over The World
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I read this and it really got me thinking. Take a look for your self.

Source : Halo 4 is imminent

Whether you like it or not Halo 4 is or will be in development.

h4.png

The following Bungie developer Interview notes are a summary of everyting Halo 4 the company talked about or was hinted at. Every Halo fan obviously knows the (original) Halo trilogy is over (Halo 3 was left with an open ending). But with the development of a Halo Wars sequel an episodic Halo: Chronicles cinematic-game trilogy series, Halo: 3 ODST and the announcement of Halo: Reach; a Halo 4 wouldnt be that far fetched? Time to line up the facts

July 14th 2006: Bungie audio director, Marty ODonnell, said at the UK Game Developers Conference that We all want Halo to be the great ending to an epic trilogy. We look at what Peter Jackson did with the Lord of the Rings films which each film bettering the previous one and that is what we are aiming for.

reach.png

September 25th 2007: At the launch of Halo 3 the cinematic designer, Lee Wilson, said Theres a lot of people who have been working on Halo much longer than us two have and theyre really interested in exploring new games, new stories, and whatever comes out of those conversations is what were going to pursue. Were still going to make games for us. And Joe Tung, multiplayer producer, said that the team was figuring out right now what were working on next. We really dont know what that is yet but as soon as we know, everyone else will know. Halo 4 is not in development.
October 8th 2007: Halo movie director, Neill Blomkamp, confirmed that the Halo film is entirely dead, but consoled fans of the series by mentioning that Well, we are already at work on another Halo game I wouldnt call it Halo 4′, but it is based in the Halo Universe and represents a collaboration between Bungie and Peter Jackson. Halo 3 was definitely not the last Bungie Halo game.
Halo3ODST7.jpg

November 9th 2007: Bungie studio manager, Harold Ryan, mentioned that Obviously Microsoft wanted us to make more Halo games. Both I and some of the more senior guys from the original Halo game have deep piles of game designs for the Halo universe that we are excited to build at some point. If the stars align and motivations are good and the platforms are right well do them.

Now in March 2008: Bungie are still supporting the Xbox.

360-exclusive Halo 3 with new map packs, as well as the above mentioned two Halo game spin-offs that are set for tentative Q4 2008 releases. It does look like they want to take a break from the series, which might be part of the reason why Bungie became independent from Microsoft. But since money makes the world ago around, and of course fans do want more, its doubtful Microsoft or Bungie will want to give up on the Halo series that as of October 4th, 2007, combined sold over 20 million copies worldwide. Perhaps by the time the rumored Project Phoenix (Xbox 720) launches in 2011-2012 well hear about Master Chiefs comeback in Halo 4​

going down00

going down00

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ima go with no!

I see ODST and Reach as more like expansions packs, bungie dose not want to make a 4th and ruin there trilogy, but they still wanna work on the project.

I mean hey they could, but i doubt it. Even with the info you have posted.

Destiny

Destiny

#ZxathCheated #NeverForget
Retired
Diamonds Are Forever Beginning of An Odyssey Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
^ what he said. that first pic looks terribly fake and the second is for Halo Reach

Haxalot88

Haxalot88

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
ExZoTiC said:
^ what he said. that first pic looks terribly fake and the second is for Halo Reach

well of course the first pic looks fake, that was just a quick shop to give people a visual about what they are talking about, and was never referred to as being anything official.

all of these stories lead up to the development of another Halo game *cough*Halo: Reach*cough*Halo 3: ODST*cough*. What they point to fits in rather nicely to the two games already announced, and have no real outlook on any sequel to the original Halo trilogy.

punkskater2448

punkskater2448

Taking Over The World
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
ExZoTiC said:
Your dumb. Did you even bother to read the article?

S

Saiyan

Reaction score
Sin$
Now Square Enix has a competitor for company who can milk the **** out of a series.

IMHO they needed to stop at 2. So I Hope there isn't another one.

Lost4468

Lost4468

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
No I don't think there will be, I think reach will last for ages as it has new multiplayer.

Cameron

Cameron

Audiophile
Fabled Veteran Donator Bright Idea
Reaction score
Sin$
Don't they have to make a new one? The ending cutscene obviously showed that the story wasn't over. How can they just stop it right there?I guess they could, but a lot of people wouldn't be very happy about it. Wasn't there a time when they said there wasn't going to be a Halo 3?

DEATH x Valor

DEATH x Valor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Isn't Halo Reach going to it's own game (not just an expansion)? I know ODST isn't, but I was pretty sure Reach would be. They wouldn't call it halo 4 though. BTW..The first picture looks photoshoped by a 5 year old lol.

Destiny

Destiny

#ZxathCheated #NeverForget
Retired
Diamonds Are Forever Beginning of An Odyssey Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
punkskater2448 said:
Your dumb. Did you even bother to read the article?

yes i actually did read the article

Justin

Justin

#mmNation
End of the Year 2012 End of the Year 2014 Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Everything said points to Halo:Reach and Halo 3: ODST. Not Halo 4

Sorry big *** bump, just saw the thread and wanted to say something.

Haxalot88

Haxalot88

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
Mast3rModder said:
Everything said points to Halo:Reach and Halo 3: ODST. Not Halo 4

Sorry big *** bump, just saw the thread and wanted to say something.

Try visiting more often than bi-monthly :tongue:

X

xlaurenx

Reaction score
Sin$
Won't get a Halo 4 until at least the next generation of consoles imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register