What's new

Solved Halo 4 - Burning the Disc - Need Help

Codiak

Codiak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Alright, so... I've downloaded the Halo 4 disc 1 and 2. The files I have are disc 1.dvd, disc 1.iso, disk 2.dvd, and disk 2.iso. Now, how do I get these burned onto a disc?

(I've just gotten my Xbox Flashed and this is my first burned game so I want to know how to do this.)

Call me LEWY

Call me LEWY

Maybe?
Forum Addict Grammar Nazi Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
It must be a b**** burning 2 discs.

You do have an ihas drive, imgburn etc... ?

Upvote 0
Swaino

Swaino

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
As Oly said, without an iHas burner you will not be burning your game properly and it can in fact be unsafe.

The new wave of games (xgd3) have more data than is normally possible to burn onto a disc using a normal dvd burner. If you were to burn using a normal dvd burner the result would be that you are missing a chunk of data from the disc, this could end up being part of the game or it could be part of a security check.

The only way to fully burn a game is to purchased an iHas B drive and then flash the drive with burnermax firmware, this allows you to burn an image to the edge of the disc, obviously as you are not meant to normally be able to burn to the edge of the disc it is also recommended to purchase good quality discs, those being verbatim mkm001 or verbatim mkm003.

Upvote 0
R

ReaSoNz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If you don't care about safety (which I'm assuming you don't if you're considering playing it 1 month early) then you can choose the "Truncate" option.

This is in no way a valid method of burning games, it may work it may not. Some people just truncate all their games but just know it is not a proper way of burning, it causes internal problems and increases the chance of bans and not to mention most of the games are coasters.

Upvote 0
Nitro EH

Nitro EH

Live and die on this day
Reaction score
Sin$
get an ihas b burner and flash it. Then you can use my TUT i just made (check sig)

Upvote 0
RuffRyder93

RuffRyder93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
As Oly said, without an iHas burner you will not be burning your game properly and it can in fact be unsafe.

The new wave of games (xgd3) have more data than is normally possible to burn onto a disc using a normal dvd burner. If you were to burn using a normal dvd burner the result would be that you are missing a chunk of data from the disc, this could end up being part of the game or it could be part of a security check.

The only way to fully burn a game is to purchased an iHas B drive and then flash the drive with burnermax firmware, this allows you to burn an image to the edge of the disc, obviously as you are not meant to normally be able to burn to the edge of the disc it is also recommended to purchase good quality discs, those being verbatim mkm001 or verbatim mkm003.
Sorry for hi-jacking thread but just a question:

These disks say 8.5 gb, http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...spx?path=4b9b0dd53ea936f4ce2a540b04cbfb61en02

Would that work? Or is the disk capacity reduced like all other storage device.
With Halo 4 being 8.13GB, or does it use bytes as the storage. Because that is around 8.7 giga-bytes.

Or is it possible to just copy the files with a flash drive to put on the HDD? If it is, do you know any tutorials on how to do it?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
gamerfreak1987

gamerfreak1987

Pugs eat other dogs...
Reaction score
Sin$
imgburn, truncate... if you have a benq xbox drive you will be fine, I have over 60 burned games and have played all online (2 years, always update the software) never banned never had a bad burn (and I use memorex dvdr dl from walmart lolz, never had a bad burn as i said before) nor do I have an Ihas burner just a liteon external dvdr dl burner I picked up at a computer shop for like 20 bucks. NEVER HAD AN ISSUE! so...with that being said it will work for sure with a Benq drive (i do not know about other drives) truncated but make sure you run through abgx to insure the files are stealthed and have correct topology. Then proceed to burn.

To non believers the only time I had a bad burn was when it was not ran through abgx and not stealthed, also when I have accidently bumped the burner because it is external usb and just recently I caught myself not run through abgx with dishonored and hit cancel resulting in a coaster. Those are the only instances I have had bad discs. so thats 60-3. Only fails resulting in human error, I would say that is pure profit.

Upvote 0
gamerfreak1987

gamerfreak1987

Pugs eat other dogs...
Reaction score
Sin$
Sorry for hi-jacking thread but just a question:

These disks say 8.5 gb, http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...spx?path=4b9b0dd53ea936f4ce2a540b04cbfb61en02

Would that work? Or is the disk capacity reduced like all other storage device.
With Halo 4 being 8.13GB, or does it use bytes as the storage. Because that is around 8.7 giga-bytes.

Or is it possible to just copy the files with a flash drive to put on the HDD? If it is, do you know any tutorials on how to do it?

sorry for posting twice but, to answer your question, you cant run a game off the drive without hard modding or using the (xkey?) on your console because the xbox will try and read the verification of the disk and being there is no disk it will just give you a error or just show as a corrupted file because it is only flashed and the xbox will not read the file. If you have ever installed a game to your drive but noticed the disc still spins on start it is because it is verifying the number to tell if it is a legit copy that is why abgx is good. The stealth patch allows the flashed xbox to bypass this and read it falsely and allowing the game to be played. If any of this is incorrect please feel free to correct it but in my last couple of years burning games this is what I have learned.

Upvote 0
RuffRyder93

RuffRyder93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
sorry for posting twice but, to answer your question, you cant run a game off the drive without hard modding or using the (xkey?) on your console because the xbox will try and read the verification of the disk and being there is no disk it will just give you a error or just show as a corrupted file because it is only flashed and the xbox will not read the file. If you have ever installed a game to your drive but noticed the disc still spins on start it is because it is verifying the number to tell if it is a legit copy that is why abgx is good. The stealth patch allows the flashed xbox to bypass this and read it falsely and allowing the game to be played. If any of this is incorrect please feel free to correct it but in my last couple of years burning games this is what I have learned.
Oh, I realize how stupid of a question that was. Haha, I have 2 xbox consoles with live, and not modded, and I just realized that I didn't think about that. Thanks anyways, I am buying a xbox off someone for 20$ but it has RROD, so I'm going to try and fix it. If that goes well I'll try to flash, and then maybe if that goes well I'll continue. I wish I could just buy halo 4 burned by someone already. I don't want to buy a cd drive just for it (especially when its available only online really).

Upvote 0
Teh GaZa

Teh GaZa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Alright, so... I've downloaded the Halo 4 disc 1 and 2. The files I have are disc 1.dvd, disc 1.iso, disk 2.dvd, and disk 2.iso. Now, how do I get these burned onto a disc?

(I've just gotten my Xbox Flashed and this is my first burned game so I want to know how to do this.)

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register