• Thread starter deershoot3r
  • Start date
  • Views 16,833
D

deershoot3r

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
ok guys do you remember back in halo 2 where we all had those symbols and crap in our game variant titles?
well ive never seen this done in halo 3 and ive heard some people say its impossible, so i got to look into it and decided to make a tutorial on how to do it.

There are a few things you will need
1. HDD transfer kit- just google xsata, xport, or call microsoft and buy one from them.
2. xplorer360 xtreme 2
3. your saved halo 3 game variant that you will mod
4. sav3r from halo 2
5. a halo 2 saved variant
6. HxD- because its free lol
7. hash-block calculator

note: i will post a package of these things at the bottom it will include, xplorer360 xtreme 2, sav3r, HxD, hash-block calculator, and a halo 2 save
u will a have to get the HDD transfer kit on your own and a halo 3 save from your HDD.

ok after you have your halo 3 save on your pc extract the package ive gave u to a folder and put your halo 3 save with it.

78765975.jpg

now open sav3r and click file/open and open your halo 2 gametype. now in the name section dont type anything just find the symbol you want by clicking on it once in the right side and double clicking it to add it. not all the symbols work so i would stick with like the double kill triple kill sticky grenade, ect... dont use the weapons or anything thats not in halo 3. now here is a pic of mine.

90673270.jpg

i stuck with ingame medals because almost all of them work.
now just click file/save and close sav3r.
now open your halo 2 save you just made with sav3r and your halo 3 save in HxD. here is a pic of mine if you are confused.

15687257.jpg

now go back to your halo 2 save in HxD, do you see those DC9654G (yours may be a lil different it depends on what symbols u use) well that is your symbols in Hex form. so now copy some of them but like end in the so i am gonna copy DC9 the marks the end of the symbol and the beginning of the next character or symbol, and now that you have copied those you are gonna want to go back to your halo 3 save in HxD, and scroll down a little bit until you find the name of your game variant, it will be in unicode string (ex. T.U.T.O.R.I.A.L.) Here is a pic of my game variant name.

update1j.jpg

now right where i highlighted is where you want to start just place your cursor right before the first period in your Game variant name, but right after the number/letter before the name, mine is the number "4" so i would click right before the " . " and right after that "4", now over on the Hex side you are gonna replace that " . " or "00" in HEX form, replace it to "E0" (no quotes) it will put a symbol "" over on the right side, now after u have done that u can just paste write over your first letter in your gametype, to do that justRight click and click paste write. its better if your game variant filled up to the end like i did with titling it aaaaaaaaaaa because if u put to many symbols than the name holds you will corrupt the save.

here is what mine looks like after i have paste writed my symbols, and replaced that " . " remember u can start right before that period before your first character in your gametype but right after the letter/number before the period and end AFTER the period at your last character, but do not copy over that space after your title.

update2d.jpg

now u go down the end of the document and you will find 2 more instances of your game variant name you are going to want to change them to the same thing as you did the first time. here is a pic of mine.

91624415.jpg

85827568.jpg

now save and close your halo 3 variant.

now open hash-block calculator.
click file\open and open your newly modded halo 3 save.

80379537.jpg

now click tools\calculate hash blocks.

82172687.jpg

now you can close hash-block calculator, and you are done, you just inject your newly modded and signed halo 3 game variant back into your hard drive and play it.

ok guys this tutorial has been updated with the number/letter fix happening before your first game symbol. the way it works is like this "E0 42" will give u like a double kill symbol or something. the "E0" is telling it that it is a symbol the "42" is specifying what symbol it actually is. i will have a hex list either tonight (10/22) or within the next few days.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Credit
Creator of sav3r (no idea who thos sorry) 25%
Microsoft 1%
Bungie 2% (bungie gets 2% because we all know they are better than M$ XD)
Me =D 72%
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

also if you are confused add me on MSN and ill help just add [email protected]

snipergamevariantmenu.jpg

snipergamevariant.jpg

halo3n.jpg

heres like a 30 second video of the game variant i made ( if u want this variant just post in the thread and say that you want it and ill get u a DL link, thanks)
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vku6ibB3OYQ[/ame]

MAKE SURE TO SAY THANKS :wink:

here is the mod package that contains almost everything u need for this.
http://www.mediafire.com/?dzb30mmtzn5

Here is the map and gametype that you see in the last picture.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2nily2mmmjz

Here are the hex values that i have so far.
Code:
E0 33- TRIANGLE WITH EXCLIMATION POINT
E0 34- KILLING FRENZY
E0 35- RUNNING RIOT
E0 36- RAMPAGE
E0 37- UNTOUCHABLE
E0 38- DOUBLE KILL
E0 39- TRIPLE KILL
E0 40- OVERKILL
E0 41- KILLTACULAR
E0 42- KILLTROCITY
E0 43- KILLAMANJARO
E0 44- KILLING SPREE
E0 45- ROADKILL
E0 46- BONECRACKER
E0 47- ASSASSIN
E0 48- STICKY KILL
E0 49- FLAG CARRIER KILL
E0 50- ODDBALL CARRIER KILL
E0 51- BOMB CARRIER KILL
E0 52- DO NOT ENTER
E0 53- CARJACKING
E0 54- FLAG TAKEN
E0 55- BOMB TAKEN
E0 56- FLAG CAPTURED
E0 57- BOMB PLANTED
E0 58- FLAG RETURNED
E0 59- BOMB RETURNED
E0 60- YELLOW CIRCLE WITH QUESTION MARK INSIDE
E0 61- YELLOW CIRCLE WITH QUESTION MARK INSIDE 
E0 62- YELLOW CIRCLE WITH QUESTION MARK INSIDE
E0 63- YELLOW CIRCLE WITH QUESTION MARK INSIDE
E0 64- YELLOW CIRCLE WITH QUESTION MARK INSIDE
E0 65- INFINITE SIGN
E0 66- WHITE ARROW POINTING RIGHT
E0 67- BLACK ARROW POINTING RIGHT
E0 68- WHITE RAMPAGE SIGN
E0 69- WHITE UNTOUCHABLE SIGN
E0 70- WHITE DOUBLE KILL
E0 71- WHITE TRIPLE KILL
E0 72- WHITE OVERKILL
E0 73- WHITE KILLTACULAR
E0 74- WHITE KILLTROCITY
E0 75- WHITE KILIMANJARO
E0 76- WHITE SNIPER KILL
E0 77- WHITE ROADKILL
E0 78- WHITE BONECRACKER
E0 79- WHITE MICROSOFT POINT SIGN
E0 80- PARTY LEADER CROWN
E0 81- WHITE THUMBS UP
E0 82- WHITE X WITH GREY BOX OUTLINE
E0 83- WHITE UP AND DOWN ARROW
E0 84- GREY X WITH GREY BOX OUTLINE
E0 85- WHITE BOMB CARRIER KILL
E0 86- WHITE FLAG TAKEN
E0 87- WHITE BOMB TAKEN
E0 88- WHITE FLAG CAPTURED
E0 89- WHITE BOMB PLANTED
E0 90- WHITE FLAG RETURNED
E0 91- WHITE BOMB RETURNED

E1 00- A BUTTON
E1 01- B BUTTON
E1 02- X BUTTON 
E1 03- Y BUTTON
E1 04- LB BUTTON
E1 05- RB BUTTON
E1 06- LT BUTTON
E1 07- RT BUTTON
E1 08- WHITE UP ARROW
E1 09- WHITE DOWN ARROW
E1 10- LEFT JOYSTICK
E1 11- RIGHT JOYSTICK
E1 33- LEFT ANALOG STICK HIGHLIGHTED
E1 34- LEFT ANALOG STICK MASHED IN A LIL BIT
E1 35- LEFT ANALOG STICK MASHED IN ALL THE WAY
E1 36- RIGHT ANALOG STICK HIGHLIGHTED
E1 37- RIGHT ANALOG STICK MASHEC IN A LIL BIT
E1 38- RIGHT ANALOG STICK MASHED IN ALL THE WAY

Rhymey

Rhymey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Could someone up a Halo 2 variant for people who don't have h2, and possibly sav3r?

J

jigger

Reaction score
Sin$
So what you're saying is you can make a game variant for assassinations or whatever, and have the and have the game name be the assassination medal, because that's just awesome.

LaH x MaH

LaH x MaH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
jigger said:
So what you're saying is you can make a game variant for assassinations or whatever, and have the and have the game name be the assassination medal, because that's just awesome.

Yup That's what you can do.

D

deershoot3r

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
can u guys see the link i have up with everything u need?

Ok guys ive added pictures at the end of the tutorial check it out now.

guys if you want, start making requests and ill see if i can get u the variant.

dont forget to say thanks. =D

D

deershoot3r

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
of course =) if you want ill post some pics of usermaps, here ill go ahead and get some done

madgidd

madgidd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
id really like to do this but every time i try to open saver i get an error please help :frown:

K

Kalus

Reaction score
Sin$
I'm surprised no one has tried to implement this into Halo 3 gametype editors. I would greatly appreciate a DL to your gametype. I also have some questions.

1. Did you try any of the weapon images?
2. What about buttons? (I want a BXR(trigger) in my title)
3. What specific images do you remember working or not?

>_< Hate to be a burden.

EDIT: I have tried multiple times now to replicate what you have done, but whenever I load the save back onto my xbox, the name has not changed at all.

EDIT 2: Okay, solved my own problem. Made a FFA gametype for shlitz and giggles. Only thing left is to try and find all the possible symbols we can use.

J

jigger

Reaction score
Sin$
Looks like you figured out the problem with the random numbers displaying before the symbols, nice.

D

deershoot3r

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
YES, and to fix that u just make your game type and then when in halo 3 on xbox edit the name and remove the number =)

kalus, if you would like to help me on this project add me on MSN please

D

Doob E Snack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
lol wow someone actually spent the time to get this program to work. Nice job :thumbup:

Top Bottom
Login
Register