Halo 3 Pick up power-Up with Equipment

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Glitches' started by Twis7eD, Feb 14, 2009 with 13 replies and 5,451 views.

1. Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings:
    This tutorial will teach you how to pick up a power-up such as invisability, Overshield, or Custom Powerup by using any piece of equipment such as a Regenerator, Power-Drain, Flare, Radar Jammer, Bubble Shield,etc. And keep the Power-up until you need it.

Requirements:
    You CAN'T be host.

This is pretty easy and can be very useful at times. What you first have to do is find a piece of equipment then go and find a power-up.
    Then you have to really slowly crouch walk up to the power-up while holding RB(for default users, I'm not sure what it is for other people).
    If you did it right you will drop your equipment and pick up the power-up, but you won't see the power-up because it is kind of inside you.
    Now go towards any other piece of equipment and just sit by it until someone comes and trys to kill you or you are ready to use the Power-up.
    When you are ready pick up the equipment and you will get the power-up.

Warning/Extra Notes: If you die and have not used the Power-up it will stay right where you died and anyone can pick it up. So if your going to do this make sure you don't die while you have the Power-up because anyone can get it.

I know this is old I just never bothered to post it.

Edit: Here's a video of me doing it in a Custom:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-Pf3WVtsQA[/ame]

• Like Like x 2
  2. J1 TKD

J1 TKD Newbie

Ratings:
    The part about you dying is what makes this glitch great! Someone can collect the powerup, bring it back to their team's spawn, and leave it for someone to pick up.

3. ABKx AuToMaTiC

ABKx AuToMaTiC Enthusiast

Ratings:
    so theyll go back to their spawn to die and leave it for someone else?......

nice tut tho, i hope i get my halo 3 back from my friend soon tho

4. OP
    Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings:
    Yea, it might be helpful in a game of capture the flag because one of your teamates can just camp the base with the overshield right next to him. It will be there because he can just betray you and have it there and you will have a secure defense as long as knowone gets the overshield before him.

5. gingerbiscits

gingerbiscits Newbie

Ratings:
    lol this is gonna be so awesoms when my 360 gets fixed (wont read discs anymore):thumbup::thumbup::frown:

6. Blinddassassin

Blinddassassin Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I knew about this a while back but does it still work?

7. OP
    Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings:
    Yes

8. Butter

Butter hungry hungry hippocrite

Ratings:
    I can never get this to work for me :frown:

9. OP
    Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings:
    Make sure your not host and that you crouch walk into it very slowly.

10. coder1

coder1 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Holy old trick. But, its incredibly difficult to pull of. I wouldn't count on doing this in every match. Nice tut though.:thumbup:

11. OP
    Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings:
    Updated with a video! Now you can see what it looks like when you do it.

12. Exhale or Choke

Exhale or Choke Newbie

Ratings:
    awesome video, now where's my over shield that randomly comes from within me?

13. OMNISniper

OMNISniper Getting There

Ratings:
    So this basically makes all powerups portable and accessible where equipment spawns? Seriously awesome, thanks :biggrin:

14. OP
    Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings:
    Yep, that pretty much sums it up. Just don't die while you still have the power up or it will pop up where you died and anyone can pick it up.