• Thread starter Terminaters
  • Start date
  • Views 1,013
Terminaters

Terminaters

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Are the maps gonna be on the cd or like just a code?

Because i wondering if this game was ever leaked what would happen about the maps and everything for Halo 3

Does anybody know?

S

Spartan51692

Reaction score
Sin$
What do you mean?

If you extra maps on the disk were released as DLC t also then soeone could rip those files and we could inject those onto our Xboxs using Xport because those files are unsigned from the disk.

T

Twis7eD

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
There are two discs. One disc is Halo 3: ODST, aka campaign and Firefight mode. The second disc is regular Halo 3 with the add on of all the maps. That includes the maps that first came with Halo 3 and all the map packs. The only other difference is that the main menu of the Halo 3 disc says Halo 3 Mythic. Bungie also says that Halo 3: ODST and the new Halo 3 disc that come with it are safe to install to your HDD unlike with the original Halo 3.

T

Twis7eD

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
And if the game is leaked I doubt anyone will have both the discs. So, you won't see anyone playing the maps early unless Bungie starts releasing the maps early to people.

And there is a thanks button for a reason :wink:.

S

Sfunx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Twis7eD said:
There are two discs. One disc is Halo 3: ODST, aka campaign and Firefight mode. The second disc is regular Halo 3 with the add on of all the maps. That includes the maps that first came with Halo 3 and all the map packs. The only other difference is that the main menu of the Halo 3 disc says Halo 3 Mythic. Bungie also says that Halo 3: ODST and the new Halo 3 disc that come with it are safe to install to your HDD unlike with the original Halo 3.

Actually they said the ODST was safe to install. Would get a performance boost. The Online Mythic one they said to keep off because it's the same issues as regular Halo 3. Just thought I'd clear that up :smile:

T

Twis7eD

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Sfunx said:
Actually they said the ODST was safe to install. Would get a performance boost. The Online Mythic one they said to keep off because it's the same issues as regular Halo 3. Just thought I'd clear that up :smile:
Ah yeah. I just went back and read one of the updates. My mistake. Quote on quote for all of you.
To Install or Not to Install

Good question. Weve already answered it but here goes again, this time in short form:

Halo 3: ODST Campaign/Firefight Disc Install It

Halo 3: Mythic Dont Install It

Got it? Good.

T

tactr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I think they believe that it'll cause a delay, although with as crappy as the 360 is I'd think it'd speed the process up. :smile:

Justin

Justin

#mmNation
End of the Year 2012 End of the Year 2014 Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
The second disk doesn't come with campaign. Didn't see anyone say that.

D

Doeboy1337

Reaction score
Sin$
Twis7eD said:
what's unsafe about putting h3 on your hdd?

Venomous Fire

Venomous Fire

Retired Admin 4 Life
VIP
Retired
Diamonds Are Forever Mythical Veteran Odysseus' Summit
Reaction score
Sin$
Its not unsafe, just makes everything load slower

S

Sfunx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Doeboy278x said:
what's unsafe about putting h3 on your hdd?

It slows down the load times when you play on Live. I dunno why, but bungie said it.

And tactr, do you just go around the 360 discussion forum and troll?

I

IDONTuseGEICO

Dr. Richtofen is my Homeboy
Reaction score
Sin$
Venomous Fire said:
Its not unsafe, just makes everything load slower
total fail on bungies part

awesome sig doeboy i just found that thread lmao

Terminaters

Terminaters

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Im just taking a wild guess and saying if this game was ever leaked out before the release date which of course will happen just like it happened to halo 2 and 3. It would bring up a huge red flag considering microsoft also made the game am i right to say that?

T

Twis7eD

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
flam3fr3ak said:
total fail on bungies part
Not really their fault. The game came out like 2 years before NXE came out. They had no idea that there would be a feature to install games to the HDD.

MattMassacre said:
Im just taking a wild guess and saying if this game was ever leaked out before the release date which of course will happen just like it happened to halo 2 and 3. It would bring up a huge red flag considering microsoft also made the game am i right to say that?
Bungie separated from Microsoft after the release of Halo 3. Bungie is now an independent gaming company. But playing any game before release would kind of set off a red flag if you think about it.

SupremeCippy

SupremeCippy

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Twis7eD said:
playing any game before release would kind of set off a red flag if you think about it.
when madden nfl 10 came got leaked tons of people got banned

Venomous Fire

Venomous Fire

Retired Admin 4 Life
VIP
Retired
Diamonds Are Forever Mythical Veteran Odysseus' Summit
Reaction score
Sin$
no they didnt supremecippy.... nobody got banned lol

EDIT: if anyone got banned it was for playing a bad rip, I believe Madden 2010 had a bad rip, then a good one like, the day after

Justin

Justin

#mmNation
Reaction score
Sin$
The game got released early illegally in France for a bit of time. Theres an unboxing vid on youtube, its on all of the articles. MS France responded saying they will ban anyone playing ODST before the 22nd.

Terminaters

Terminaters

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah i heard about this lol i cant believe people take playing a game early as like commiting a crime or something

Let them play im not gonna go on a rampage and be like OMGZ i cant believe they can play it b4 me grrr

LOl they paid for it so just let them play it

Justin

Justin

#mmNation
Reaction score
Sin$
Its because they might leak what will happen in the game and spoil it for everyone, reducing sells.

Top Bottom
Login
Register