Discussion Halo 3 Modding ?

Dr Slap A Ho

Newbie
Messages
43
Reaction score
0
Does anybody know if there is a way to mod Halo 3 online gameplay? Because my one friend always complains that the people he is playing with are modding, so I am just curious. Like a way to make it so that there is a br lock on, sniper lock on, or more damage done to other players, or extra health for yourself. Because these are the things he complains about.
 

Twis7eD

Banned
Messages
2,706
Reaction score
575
Not currently possible. You may be able to do some of those things on a dev kit, but not a retail console. The only things you can do right now are usermap modding, film modding, service tag modding, emblem modding, and screenshot modding. And of course ODST campaign save modding.
 

White Stripes

Enthusiast
Messages
220
Reaction score
8
Twis7eD said:
Not currently possible. You may be able to do some of those things on a dev kit, but not a retail console. The only things you can do right now are usermap modding, film modding, service tag modding, emblem modding, and screenshot modding. And of course ODST campaign save modding.
I've been looking around, and I can't seem to find anything on service tag modding, emblem modding, and especially ODST campaign save modding. The only ODST campaign mods I've seen are by DoobE. Did he release his meathod, or is everyone still limited to the saves he releases? On a side note, I keep hearing from a friend of mine about something called project ODST but when I look around I can't find it. Is this an actual program, or is he full of ----?:huh:
 

187Modz

Enthusiast
Messages
849
Reaction score
57
Twis7eD said:
Not currently possible. You may be able to do some of those things on a dev kit, but not a retail console. The only things you can do right now are usermap modding, film modding, service tag modding, emblem modding, and screenshot modding. And of course ODST campaign save modding.
i would try this myself but i cant, is it possible to ISO mod the game? im hoping a pro like you can answer that

White Stripes said:
I've been looking around, and I can't seem to find anything on service tag modding, emblem modding, and especially ODST campaign save modding. The only ODST campaign mods I've seen are by DoobE. Did he release his meathod, or is everyone still limited to the saves he releases? On a side note, I keep hearing from a friend of mine about something called project ODST but when I look around I can't find it. Is this an actual program, or is he full of ----?:huh:
Your Blind:
Emblem modding: [How-to] Get a lot of new Emblems possibilities
Service Tag Modding: Change Your Halo 3 Service Tag

they were on the first page of tutorials, and your friend is probably full of S***
 

Twis7eD

Banned
Messages
2,706
Reaction score
575
187Modz said:
i would try this myself but i cant, is it possible to ISO mod the game? im hoping a pro like you can answer that
Nope, you can't ISO mod.

White Stripes said:
I've been looking around, and I can't seem to find anything on service tag modding, emblem modding, and especially ODST campaign save modding. The only ODST campaign mods I've seen are by DoobE. Did he release his meathod, or is everyone still limited to the saves he releases? On a side note, I keep hearing from a friend of mine about something called project ODST but when I look around I can't find it. Is this an actual program, or is he full of ----?:huh:
If you don't have a dev kit you can't mod ODST saves. The only mods released for ODST are Doob E's. I've never heard of project ODST, so I don't think it is real. I could be wrong though.
 

White Stripes

Enthusiast
Messages
220
Reaction score
8
187Modz said:
i would try this myself but i cant, is it possible to ISO mod the game? im hoping a pro like you can answer that



Your Blind:
Emblem modding: [How-to] Get a lot of new Emblems possibilities
Service Tag Modding: Change Your Halo 3 Service Tag

they were on the first page of tutorials, and your friend is probably full of S***
Sorry, I sort of forgot about that part of halo 3 modding. (I have the section for modding discussion bookmarked so I don't really go anywhere else...)
Thanks for the links btw.

Also, I didn't really look around for the service tag, I just got a little lazy, posted that, and then went to bed.
 

LHJ199

Newbie
Messages
3
Reaction score
2
White Stripes said:
I've been looking around, and I can't seem to find anything on service tag modding, emblem modding, and especially ODST campaign save modding. The only ODST campaign mods I've seen are by DoobE. Did he release his meathod, or is everyone still limited to the saves he releases? On a side note, I keep hearing from a friend of mine about something called project ODST but when I look around I can't find it. Is this an actual program, or is he full of ----?:huh:
hey iv always wanted to mod things in halo 3 but i dont know anyone who can or anybody who knows anything about it. Please can sombody tell me everything i need to start. like do i need certain cables for my xbox or what?
 

Twis7eD

Banned
Messages
2,706
Reaction score
575
LHJ199 said:
hey iv always wanted to mod things in halo 3 but i dont know anyone who can or anybody who knows anything about it. Please can sombody tell me everything i need to start. like do i need certain cables for my xbox or what?
Yes, you need a transfer cable and a resigner and rehasher and also you may need the program called Sandbox.
 
Top Bottom