Halo 3 modding ban question

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Modding' started by CoD WaW Hacker, Jan 18, 2009 with 25 replies and 1,235 views.

1. CoD WaW Hacker

CoD WaW Hacker Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Well, Im not a new modder ive been modding for quite some time now.. Heres my question: Ive had a small break of halo 3 for Cod:WaW and am now going back to my modding. Ive seen some topics about modding detection, Does this mean if i mod maps and do not put them on my file share i will be banned also?:?

2. mojobojo

mojobojo Enthusiast

Ratings:
    No, bungie lies, people lie, Ive had mods on my xbox for a long time and I never got caught. Its only when you make your mods public like via fileshare that they get the chance to ban you.

3. Moopus Maximus

Moopus Maximus Newbie

Ratings:
    i think you can mod, but cant put it on your fileshare.

4. Xpargas

Xpargas Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    Yes, just dont put them on your File share and you will be fine

even if you do put them on there they only ban your fileshare and sometime you get matchmaking banned.

5. ace123655

ace123655 Newbie

Ratings:
    stupid question sice i am new to modding, what if other people save it and it goes public? then what could i expect :?

6. II WaStEdPrO II

II WaStEdPrO II Member

Ratings:
    Not a stupid question...But I think if your the author you might get in trouble...but how would that happen if you are not going to put it on your file share anyway...Just tell who ever you may give it to, not to put it on there fileshare. And you can also mod the author so you can just do that.

7. ace123655

ace123655 Newbie

Ratings:
  8. Acer

Acer Enthusiast

Ratings:
    That fileshare thing is a lie because i had mods on my fileshare ever since the first mod was release for halo 3.

9. Eaton

Eaton Contributor

Ratings:
    No it isn't. It has been officially announced by Bungie that they are banning people for having modified content on their File Shares. You haven't been caught most likely because no one has reported the file. I recommend removing said content from your File Share before you witness the Ban Hammer.

10. Luisnani

Luisnani Newbie

Ratings:
    Well yeah I suppose so, I've never made a mod map before but I've heard that Bungie made a mod map and hasn't been banned, so their slightly taking advantage there.
    But I think you should make as many mod maps and put them in yor file share as you want, besides loads of people enjoy playing on them, there good fun!:smile:

11. unknown v2

unknown v2 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    Tell that to all the people who have been fileshare banned.

12. Haxalot88

Haxalot88 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    like me :biggrin:

13. Noupoi

Noupoi Contributor

Ratings:
    And me. :tongue:
    Its annoying, I can't upload things I need/want to upload now. Thats where other accounts come in. :smile:

14. ChiefJoboo

ChiefJoboo Getting There

Ratings:
    even if you mod the author, your name is still hexed into the file and if you edit that, the file would be currupted i'd immagine.

and bungie did mod a map, it was that pirate ship map(on first bng fav, i still have it) where the sand would drain your sheilds if you touched it.

15. Glitch100

Glitch100 Getting There

Ratings:
    Eaton is correct. I had one file (the security camera mod on the pit) as i was the first to create that mod, it had a lot of downloads 2500 i believe off my fileshare; due to its popularity it caught attention, and must've been reported. It then led to my profile being viewed and my pictures of modded maps, in conjunction with them on my fileshare led to a fileshare ban :frown:

16. unknown v2

unknown v2 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    Shouldn't have released it with your main account.

17. Eaton

Eaton Contributor

Ratings:
    Link? I would like to see that.

18. ChiefJoboo

ChiefJoboo Getting There

Ratings:

Code:
    http://www.bungie.net/online/bungiefavorites.aspx?page=39
    map varient and territories varient :smile:

19. Jeehs

Jeehs Banned

Ratings:
    That's why when I mod, I put the creator as "Modder". But then again they can't really ban u if someone esle posted it. Because maybe they changed the creators name, like me.

20. unknown v2

unknown v2 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    Bungie already stated changing the author on the modded file won't stop you from getting banned.