Halo 3 Mod Viewer

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Modding Programs' started by SpyShadow, Aug 18, 2009 with 61 replies and 10,817 views.

1. SpyShadow

SpyShadow Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Halo 3 Tag Viewer

Halo 3 Tag Viewer - Last Updated 5/24/2010

Original called Halo 3 Mod Viewer, now called Halo 3 Tag Viewer

It's been a while sense I last worked on this huge project but it came back to life. I finally got it into a Program. There are still many To Do's to get done. But it's getting there. Download the Beta Version of the program. Please remember that it's beta and it will change over time to be even better.

To get Updates on the Beta version of the program, simply Click on the Check For Updates Button.

Here is a Picture of the Program...
    [​IMG]

Hope you guys like the beta version of this. Took a lot of time and work to get it to this point. But this will even help myself out so I don't have to reference to full map files.

Remember, day by day, it will get updates, so remember to update every few days. There may be a time in the future that you must uninstall the Beta and install the Final Version!

Plus, You need a Internet Connection to look at the pictures of objects.

Click Here To Download - 967.17 KB

Current Research....

RECENTLY ADDED > High Ground
    WORKING ON > Isolation

=================
    Assembly - 31.04 MB
    Avalanche - 48.85 MB
    Blackout - 42.45 MB
    Citadel - 32.13 MB
    Cold Storage - 33.91 MB
    Construct - 36.76 MB
    Epitapth - 40.41 MB
    Foundry - 55.49 MB
    Ghost Town - 42.72 MB
    Guardian - 38.25 MB
    Heretic - 31.5 MB
    High Ground - 68.29 MB
    Isolation
    Last Resort
    Longshore
    Narrows
    Orbital
    Rat's Nest
    Sandbox
    Sandtrap
    Snowbound
    Standoff
    The Pit
    Valhalla
    =================

Tags that you can Mod
    Anything with * means that only Host can see it!
    ===================
    bipd
    bloc
    crea*
    efsc*
    eqip
    mach
    proj
    scen*
    vehi
    weap
    ===================
    If I miss a Tag that works or Miss marking a Tag that is host connection related, then please leave a reply. Thanks.

• Like Like x 10
  2. xKNiiVES

xKNiiVES Enthusiast

Ratings:
  3. OP
    SpyShadow

SpyShadow Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I started doing this last year. I been taking pictures of every Tag that works in every map in Halo 3. These tags were modded. As u know, there are hundreds of tags per map. I this took pictures of tags that only work. So you this download the RAR File, extract the folder inside, and you can see all the modded things that you can spawn on the map u selected. It is not in a program yet. But it can be one day, but its a huge project because there will be thousands of pictures. Best way to fix this is to find duplicates of the same objects and this link them but it take some time.

Of course your going to need Johnson and the MAP File on your computer and you this pair up the picture in the Tag Directory with the one in Johnson to find the Identifier. So you can mod your map. This makes it easy to know what to mod in halo 3. Mostly people who are new to modding will use this and I still use it to this day.

You see what i mean when u download and look at it more closely.

4. Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings:
    So, pretty much this is going to be a really advanced version of the H3 Map Tag List program?

It sounds like such a hard task to have to get all the pictures, but I bet it will pay off completely. Good job and hopefully you can turn this into a program when you are done or at least put all the files into a Zip for us.

5. ZyGo

ZyGo Gettin' Keify Retired

Ratings:
    Sounds sick, and really hard at the same time.....
    Have fun

6. OP
    SpyShadow

SpyShadow Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Yah, that was what I was planning on doing. I am not a programmer or anything but I know you guys can make it into a Advance Version of H3 Map Tag List program.

It will take some time, as you can tell, I am like only 5% done with all the maps. But it gets more faster because most of the items are repeated.

But when you guys do plan on making it into a program, you are going to have to some how link them because there are lots of copies of the same object. That is if you don't want the app to be a GB.

And there are a few maps in a RAR File All ready. Once you see highlight above in the list are RAR Files. Download them and take a look and you see what i mean.

7. xKNiiVES

xKNiiVES Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Nice edit. I remember your unedited post calling me a failure.

8. sgt frankieboy

sgt frankieboy Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Can I use Them I My App ??
    O and Maby I can Help with the halo 3 tag viewer

Edit: I was searching on Bungie.net And found all the weapons and vehicles

9. DiseasedGOD

DiseasedGOD Newbie

Ratings:
    This would be awesome as a program, or if it just had more work done, thank you very much, this has helped me a lot. Keep up the good work.

10. ratbat2006

ratbat2006 Newbie

Ratings:
    Yes! probably one of the most helpful things, please get it done as soon as you can!!! It even helps for the maps that you weren't doing this on!

11. GTORacer

GTORacer Enthusiast

Ratings:
    This is some good sh-t!

12. Element18592

Element18592 Trusted Seller

Ratings:
    I can put them in my app if you want Here.

Of course you will recieve full credit for the pictures

13. OP
    SpyShadow

SpyShadow Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I've finished Construct. It has been added above. More maps will be added. I am also adding this to my new AIO.

14. Glitch100

Glitch100 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Perhaps when your finished, make a database of all the objects on 'Access' and then import it into Visual Studio ? Couldn't be that hard?

15. OP
    SpyShadow

SpyShadow Enthusiast

Ratings:
    For People who want to help me on this, please send me a PM. I am trying to get a group together on xbox LIVE for this. Thanks.

16. OP
    SpyShadow

SpyShadow Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Epitapth has been Added!! :biggrin:

Also, for the people who want to make this into a program. You are going to have to find some way to make a way to compress pictures or link them because all the picture together will go around 1 GB or so and I don't think any of you want to download 1 GB for a program. So after research, that's my next objective.

17. Greynade

Greynade Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Wow. That seems like a lot of work, but well worth it! :thumbup: Great job on this. I'd be willing to help with the simple work such as gathering the objects and matching them with their respective pictures. Sadly, I can't help with making this into a program, as much as I'd like to see that happen.

18. Doob E Snack

Doob E Snack Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Could be very useful and could make things a lot easier.

19. OP
    SpyShadow

SpyShadow Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Got Halo 3 ODST Finally. ODST was not bad. This the Map Navigation was confusing at first. Anyways, I have added Citadel. More will be coming and then a program will come.

20. Element18592

Element18592 Trusted Seller

Ratings: