Halo 3 Killer Convicted, Game Labeled as Addictive

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by feudalnate, Jan 15, 2009 with 34 replies and 1,036 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. feudalnate

feudalnate Banned VIP

Ratings:
    I don't know if this has been posted yet but I wanted to bring it to everyone's attention.

I don't know if it's common in America to keep a loaded gun in your house but if I had a mentally unstable child lurking around I would probably make it difficult for my child to gain access to my gun(s) and I would certainitly not keep them loaded.. so this is very poor parenting on they're part.

Also if you shoot your parent's, who's going to pay for the internet and Xbox Live? Very poor planning on his part.

• Like Like x 3
  2. PhDnMeRKn

PhDnMeRKn Under Krafty's Bed

Ratings:
    LMAO @
    This is sad indeed.

3. PhDnMeRKn

PhDnMeRKn Under Krafty's Bed

Ratings:
    I thought about this now for a while and this gives gamers a really really bad name.

4. punkskater2448

punkskater2448 Taking Over The World Retired

Ratings:
    That is insane. We have a loaded gun in my house, and a few more locked up. The reason being is because some people have broken into my families cars 3 times. They have also broken into some ones house, during the middle of the day, and stole 3 tv's and box, and some other valuable things. So we have it for protection.

5. EnergiE

EnergiE Enthusiast

Ratings:
    They need to do at least a little research. Labeling them as aliens that come back alive the next day is stupid ****. Im pretty sure every human being 5 years of age and up realizes when people die they wont come back to life the next day.

6. bradenriver64

bradenriver64 Banned

Ratings:
    Who care what the judge thought halo 3 was about. Killing his mom, and trying to kill his father over a game. Thats sick!!!

7. Kevin Caution

Kevin Caution Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I heard something else online, that some kids dad made him get off his xbox, and the kid got pissed, to he choked his dad with his cord to his controller

8. Who is this

Who is this Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Very poor parenting and I really don't know how this kid could stoop so low as to put the case up in his defense that he was simply addicted and lost control.

When I was a sophomore in high school I became addicted to Halo 2. That's all I talked about, all I thought about, and I kissed my social life goodbye. I actually lost interest in women because I was so consumed with the game and I wasn't even worried about having a girlfriend because I had countless noobs to own everyday. You know what broke my addiction? Having something else. My parents bought me an Xbox 360 and I was so pumped for Gears of War that I just left Halo 2 alone. So I played that pretty much, but I didn't develop an addiction for it. I've noticed that most videogames that come out nowadays don't have much replay value. Halo 3 got boring as heck. Gears of War 2 I could do without. But Fallout 3? Haha, dude. I was addicted for a week straight to get my 1000 G. But ever since the introduction of gamerscore, that's where my addiction stops. When I give up on the game or no longer want to play it and if I get all the achievements I wanted. After that, I hardly touch the game unless it's just THAT good.

Now, this kid must've had anger issues. But so do I. So he must've had something undiagnosed that was screaming 'crazy' that people didn't seem to notice. They took away his Halo 3. Well, I'd say this kid is guilty. He doesn't pay for Xbox Live, he didn't buy his Xbox 360, he probably didn't even buy the game, and the parents pay yet again with their lives so he could have his precious Halo 3 again. At least hopefully we should be expecting him to finally pay up in jail.

9. Scare Croe

Scare Croe Premium Premium

Ratings:
    no, this gives game retailers a bad name. The kids shouldnt have even had a copy of the game. it is Rated "M", Wich means if youve ever thought of kiling your parents you shouldnt buy this game.

Now it is my turn to throw an oppinion out there. Firsly, like I said above, he shouldnt even have had a copy of the game. Do parents think that the Ratings are just there for looks? secondly, the child was obviously Unstable, he hatched a plan to kill someone over a video game.

I think Parents, and even Gamers, should use this and look back at how much time their kids are spending on the Video Game console. I allow my son to play his Spiderman game for about 3 hours a day, and sometime I dont let him play video games at all, I have him go outside and play like I used to do when I was still 18 and younger.

All in all, I think it comes down to the fact that the kid is Constantly on the video game and he didnt have enough "Reality Time", So Stop playing Video Games All The Damn Time! and if your under the age of 18, why even Play video games, you should be out, Playing Physical activities right?

IDK, this whole topic makes me sick, so Im done talking about it.

10. AtomicBump

AtomicBump Premium Premium

Ratings:
    IMO video games do not influence kids over the age of 13.

Your sense of right and wrong is developed by then.

Anything after that is your choice. No peer pressure, no excuse.

I could go into immense psychological detail but it would take too long.

11. Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings:
    Ya, this was already posted in the halo 3 discussion but its a pretty crazy story.

12. UKmonkey

UKmonkey Getting There

Ratings:
    Please do

13. Scare Croe

Scare Croe Premium Premium

Ratings:
    If that Were the case then Why would you be considered a minor in most states untill the age of 18 and other states it 19. Why would it be that In the US you are not allowed to drink alchohol legally untill the age of 21? becasue the way its sounds to me is that you think all of the "Adult" ages should be dropped to 13... Good Idea, let have a bunch of 13 year olds who Obviously dont know what right and wrong means when they are shooting up schools and Killing their parents over a video game, run the streets as adults - getting drunk, Driving, Driving Drunk, buying Guns, Going to Strip clubs and all that good stuff... yeah good Idea. :thumbdown:

14. KillZacular

KillZacular Getting There

Ratings:

I doubt he meant it like that.

In my opinion he’s right by 13 unless your parents sucked you know what right and wrong is. No you’re still not mature and can’t always make smart decisions but you know what the right and wrong things are. He was just a demon possessed kid that either wasn’t taught right or had so many devils in him he just went crazy.

also to the gaming is an addiction thing its only that way if you let it become liek that.

i am homeschooled and have been all my life so i had plenty of time for video games and when i got my first xbox and halo2 xbox live i played it 24/7 i played it everyday all day long but i thought i couldnt go an hour without my games but you in fact can there is no such thing as an addiction unless you let yourself believe you have 1. i play games and love them but i know soon as a friend calls me or a pretty girl asks me to go somewhere with her im not going to say i will go through withdraws if i dont beat this level really quick.....

i good way to sum up what i was saying is you chose what goes on in your life, you always have a decision in what you do thats what free will is. that kid may have been crazy but he had the choice of pulling the trigger or getting help. you have the choice of thinking your addicted to a game and feeding it or getting offline and setting down the controller for a nice walk with a friend or something... its all choice.

15. Nothinbeter2do

Nothinbeter2do Banned

Ratings:
    I keep a loaded BB gun and thats it.

The worst part is that it is a rifle and I have to pump it.

16. KillZacular

KillZacular Getting There

Ratings:
    i have 1 but its not loaded and wouldnt ever take any1 down lol... my parents have a loaded gun but they taught my sis and i about guns.

17. B-rad

B-rad Press On

Ratings:
    I believe it's ridiculous for someone to say this kid has some sort of accuse because he's "addicted" to video games. At least the judge wasn't an idiot who decided to buy something like that.

But I see your point. They should have kept their guns locked away where the kid couldn't get to them, especially if they saw him as mentally unstable.

Halo 3 is an addictive game that's for sure. But here's where I'm a little puzzled. It's a crazy world so I'm not suprised something like this happened, it happens every day. I just don't understand why someone would go that far for something so minor.

I personally believe his entire life must have revolved around the game to the point where he felt he needed the game. His brain apparently didn't care about anyone else if he found Halo 3 more important then his own family. This is definitely apparent to me.

18. pepsiflame

pepsiflame Enthusiast

Ratings:
    @ scare croe, I would love a strip club right now. lol

,but yeah, by the age of 13, your idea of right and wrong has been developed. You have to be either very idiotic or mentally unstable to kill someone over a damn game. It's just fancy graphis and orgasmic programming. lol

19. TheExtortioner

TheExtortioner Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I think the real tragedy is the he killed his mother and shot his father over Halo 3, I game I find quite repulsive.

If your going to shoot your parents, at least do it over a game of a higher caliber, lets say "Far Cry 2". :w00t:

20. Tin Can

Tin Can Getting There

Ratings:
    Interesting story, I've never heard of some kid who just wants to play Halo, killing his parents meanwhile. Really, though, I'm disappointed in how this ended.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.