Dismiss Notice
A Message from Viotek
At Viotek, we’re gamers at heart. That’s why we’re extremely excited to be teaming up with Se7enSins, a gaming community created by gamers, for gamers. Their focus? Bringing high-quality content and discussion to the industry. That’s exactly how we feel about our monitors and gaming peripherals. From making high-performing curving monitors more affordable, to breaking all rules with color-rich TN panels. In the coming weeks, we’ll be working with Se7enSins to deliver branded content, promotions and contests to their diverse, tight-knit community. For us, it’s more than a game. It’s life. Save $20 on your next purchase using the link below. Valid through May 31st. https://amzn.to/2Hxxxyx

Halo 3 - How to Bridge An Xbox on Your Connection Host

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Bridging' started by Twis7eD, Jun 18, 2009 with 10 replies and 4,723 views.

1. Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings:
    This tutorial will show you how to bridge another Xbox that you have on the same connection. If you have two Xbox's and two computers this will allow you to bridge with one computer and Xbox and standby with the other Xbox and computer. You can also use a modem if it has a standby button on it to standby once you have host. I'm not sure if you can use a lag switch, but it might be possible. The other thing you could do is just play legit with a little advantage of host.

Requirements:
    Two(2) Xbox 360s
    At least one computer near you
    Two(2) Halo 3 Discs
    The knowledge of how to bridge (Learn here - http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/halo-3-glitches/134866-halo-3-bridge-crossover-cable.html )
    You may want a friend
    Zone Alarm or any other firewall that you will be using
    Two(2) Xbox Live Gold Accounts
    Two(2) Xbox 360 Controllers

If you have all of that you are ready to begin!

First you will need to know how to Bridge. You can follow my tutorial on how to Bridge here - http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/halo-3-glitches/134866-halo-3-bridge-crossover-cable.html You can't use Router Bridging though. You have to use my tutorial.

Then go to IP Chicken - Whats my IP address? ip address lookup and put that IP in your Trusted as "Me" or something along the lines of that.

Then go on the Xbox that you want to bridge host and go in the dashboard to the Network Settings.

Then go to Configure Network.

Then put the Xbox IP in your Trusted on Zone Alarm and add that one as "Me" or something along the lines of that.

Then you are ready to Bridge normally, just do everything like you normally would

Once the game has started you can start to standby with the computer that is hooked up to the Xbox with host or you can play legit
    Just make sure who ever is bridging keeps their firewall on high the whole game
    More detailed tutorial with pictures coming soon! I was just too lazy at this time to do it.

Any questions? Ask here.

2. XDisconneckti3X

XDisconneckti3X Newbie

Ratings:
    Ive been doin this since halo 2 was out. I also use another computer to auto-standby. But why wouldn't you be able to use this with a router bridge?..thats what I do and it works fine :thumbup:

3. MuffinMan187

MuffinMan187 Newbie

Ratings:
    Hi, I tried to router bridge my brother host in social today but it did not work. Ive successfully bridged my friend host in mlg a few times, but i cant seem to do it on the same connection. I add my ip from www.ipchicken.com and then i add my brothers xbox ip both to trusted, he invites me, i poison and put firewall to high and when we finally get a game i do the counting method even though i hear i dont need to in social, but it doesnt seem to work. Is there anything else you had to do that maybe you forgot to mention? like adding my own xbox ip?

4. OP
    Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings:
    Nope, you must be making some mistake somewhere along the way.

• Like Like x 1
  5. JIME01

JIME01 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    How is this a Halo 3 Modding Tutorial?

6. OP
    Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings:
    It's not. Nightcast moved it to the wrong section. I'll report it and get it moved.

7. Sixen

Sixen Enthusiast

Ratings:
    since your on the same connection wouldn't both boxes be host?

8. OP
    Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings:
    Technically, yes, but only one Xbox can actually standby.

9. MeTThoDz

MeTThoDz Enthusiast

Ratings:
  10. xxzodiacxx

xxzodiacxx Newbie

Ratings:
    So do both xboxs have to be bridged with a cross over cable cause i have my xbox bridged to my computer and my friends xbox bridged to a laptop.. does one have to be bridged to a router and the other bridged to a computer? cause we tried to force host the way we have it now and it wont work..

11. OP
    Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings:
    I have never tried it with Router bridging, but I assume it wouldn't work because of the circumstances. With Cain you may be cutting off the connection to other parts of your network which would cause this to not work. So, I think this may only work with Crossover Cable Bridging.